The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have there been any IM bodies yet?

+15
ForestGreen
Miss Heny
ichibidrop
LisaK
ellarose
Chove
MissRead
sigsi
Tehwereferret
jupiternames
DapperDucky
nattherat
DollYay
Purple_Monkfish
IndigoAndAsh
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Have there been any IM bodies yet? - Page 4 Empty Re: Have there been any IM bodies yet?

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:40 pm

the brown and auburn are a bit difficult to tell apart. Amy and Scarlette are both a brownish red colour that i'd call a natural looking ginger. It's very similar actually to the carrot 3rd party wig I have for August.

Tiger is a dark brown with an auburn hint. I believe Felicia is the same dark brown with a reddish tinge as is Ava.

I find the best bet for working out wigs is to look at customer photos, or go 3rd party but even then it's not exact. I have two "carrot" wigs from Fa-tio for instance, one is a dull brownish ginger colour and the other is quite a vivid reddish tone that looks more dyed than natural haha. Unexpected as they looked the same colour in photos.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Have there been any IM bodies yet? - Page 4 Empty Re: Have there been any IM bodies yet?

Post by Tehwereferret Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:04 am

Purple_Monkfish wrote:the brown and auburn are a bit difficult to tell apart. Amy and Scarlette are both a brownish red colour that i'd call a natural looking ginger. It's very similar actually to the carrot 3rd party wig I have for August.

Tiger is a dark brown with an auburn hint. I believe Felicia is the same dark brown with a reddish tinge as is Ava.

I find the best bet for working out wigs is to look at customer photos, or go 3rd party but even then it's not exact. I have two "carrot" wigs from Fa-tio for instance, one is a dull brownish ginger colour and the other is quite a vivid reddish tone that looks more dyed than natural haha. Unexpected as they looked the same colour in photos.
Amy is the one I have on my makie that's in the mail. I'll need to find a carroty one though, because I want one the color of my husband's hair.
Tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:29 am

Hmm, here is a picture of the Amy wig on Lorelei for your reference.

Have there been any IM bodies yet? - Page 4 21437585881_1ab1b9ecc3
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehwereferret Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:52 am

Perfect! Eventually I'll get one that is like 

Have there been any IM bodies yet? - Page 4 Image18
Tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:51 am

Yep, definitely more orange than the Amy wig, but not as far as I think the store picture makes it seem. Unless that's just my monitor making his hair look more like my Amy wig than IRL.

I've always wanted red hair. Without the help of hair dye, that is.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehwereferret Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:20 am

Looks close!
Tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:18 pm

Have there been any IM bodies yet? - Page 4 17941658169_524f224f46_k

Here's the triplets in natural sunlight. August's wig is a 3rd party "carrot" coloured one, Cass is wearing the Amy Wig from Makie Labs. They're pretty close in colour, a natural looking ginger.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehwereferret Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:47 am

Purdy
Tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Palladium97 Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:58 pm

I am very happy with the color of the Amy wig for ginger hair!

Palladium97

Back to top Go down

Post by Palladium97 Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Now how do you post 'photos?

Palladium97

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Palladium97 wrote:Now how do you post 'photos?
This link helps:
https://makies.forumotion.com/t45-attaching-photos-solved

This second one has pics to better explain:
https://makies.forumotion.com/t55-forum-help-how-to-insert-photos
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Palladium97 Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:45 pm

Thanks so much!

Palladium97

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:47 pm

Palladium97 wrote:Thanks so much!
No Problem Smile Good luck!
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Palladium97 Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:21 am

No luck with this! But he is on my Deviant Art page, (mostly about my favourite cartoon, including the Makie)! I use the name actinium97 there.

Palladium97

Back to top Go down

Post by Chove Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:27 pm

Anyone got a cocoa Makie with an IM body? I am wondering how good the colour-match is as I am thinking of getting one of those.
Chove
Chove

http://chovedolls.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:28 pm

Since there's been no responses yet Chove, here's my 3DP makie, but with an IM skullcap!

Have there been any IM bodies yet? - Page 4 11910406_889959584444298_547131785_n
This is of course NOT an example of colour matching because my makie was made before all the IM stuff came in.

However, the photo fairly accurately shows the colour of the cocoa IM plastic I feel? Though if they're using separate plastic blends for the skull caps, I could be totally wrong.
So that'll be the colour that they'll be trying to match. I think admittedly I've only ever seen one cocoa bean makie that's close to that colour, but that was back during 3DP. I've yet to actually see an IM cocoa bean makie. (I would be interested in seeing one too!)

I know that isn't really an answer to your question, but since there's no other response currently I thought I'd at least show you IM vs my particular 3DP colour? It at least gives a good idea of what the IM colour looks like I think.

Admittedly, maybe it's just because things are slow on instagram, or orders are going out slower, but I've barely seen any new makies since the change, whereas a new face or two seemed to pop every week on instagram before!
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chove Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:09 pm

TY for the picture! I want to get another cocoa girl but worry about the potential for mismatch between body and head! I might get one anyway and hope?
Chove
Chove

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:51 pm

I suspect a lot of people are holding off on ordering the Cocoa skin color, until they see direct evidence from MakieLabs that the color match problem is solved.

However, I wonder if anyone at MakieLabs is actually aware that a lot of people are waiting to see "official pictures" showing that they've succeeded in getting a good color match for Cocoa.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt if a few of us sent the Lab some feedback asking about it, and politely requesting some picture examples.
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Chove Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:54 pm

It doesn't help that the ones shown on the (updated) website are some pretty poor matches. Sad
Chove
Chove

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:47 pm

True, and except for some of the Makies modeling stuff in the shop, I'm seeing a lot of the same Lab Makies that were on there before.... lol, at least the same Makie faces anyway.  Wink  

As for the ones in the shop, there is no way of knowing whether they are some of the first IM bodied Makies made before they started working on a better color match, or some of the less successful color match attempts.  

After all, even with the new IM bodies, these dolls are a little too expensive to just throw away, so I can see MakieLabs trying to make use of any experimental Makies they ended up with as website Models and such.

Unfortunately, while money saving, that practice doesn't exactly help  to sell the product.  Especially in the case of the poor Cocoa skinned Makies.

Lol, I'm about ready to just "bite the bullet" and order one of my Cocoa Makies just so I (we) can see!  
(Laughing No patience. Very Happy )

After all, if the color difference is still just too much to really be acceptable, I can always order the same Makie again later, once they have the color match problem fixed.
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Chove Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Yeah, I may end up getting her anyway and hoping that the match is okay.
Chove
Chove

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:08 am

Lol, the deed is done! Laughing

I had to create a new Cocoa Makie and order her as a guest, since they've changed the log-in procedures on the website.

You can't just click on "account" at the bottom of the page, it's gone, now you have to log in with your email, and it's not recognizing my password.

Btw: you may find that any links you've made to your Makie account  won't work anymore.  My link to my Makies account that's in my signature isn't.  I tried to get into my account that way, after my attempts to log in didn't work. scratch

Hmmm, I wonder if she will show up in my account when I do finally manage to reset my password and log-in....
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Chove Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:03 am

Yeah, I can't log in either, I can't remember if I ever signed up with email.
Chove
Chove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4