The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IM bodies!

+6
Tehwereferret
ForestGreen
DollYay
Almostreal
IndigoAndAsh
Purple_Monkfish
10 posters

Go down

IM bodies! Empty IM bodies!

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:34 pm

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/big-changes-over-at-makie-labs.html

New Makie arrived today, so I wrote up a review and lots of comparison pics for you all. Hope it helps!
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

IM bodies! Empty Re: IM bodies!

Post by IndigoAndAsh Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:33 pm

Thank you for the review - it's brilliant, really detailed.

It does answer that sadly, I'm really not interested in buying one of the new-style Makies. But I'd rather know that than have one turn up and be a disappointment.

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Almostreal Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:45 pm

Thanks for the review! 

I'd happily get one for a child at that price and quality. But certainly not for myself. I hope the company does well with the new initiative though. I imagine those kids and teens who make doll stop motion animations would love the new price and flexibility.
Almostreal
Almostreal

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:25 pm

Wow! Great review. Do you know if magnets stick to the screw or is it the wrong material? Just wondering 'cause I'm thinking about a cat girl I designed. Smile
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:16 am

Absolutely wonderful review! Thank you for going into such great detail. You've answered a lot of questions I had and a lot of questions that I didn't think to ask. I do like the detail on the hands and feet.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehwereferret Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:43 am

That was an outstanding review. I can't wait to play with my Bree, and see what can be done.
Tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicefalonia Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:51 pm

It´s been a while since the last time i was around here and this is exactly what i was looking for. Thanks for the review!

I was really curious about the new injection bodies and well i don´t know, they are quite cheaper than the first ones but still pricey for a doll intended for children imo( if that´s the reason they´ve changed to injection plastic), therefore i prefer the full 3D printed ones even if they are more expensive. Also the missmatched texture between body and head really bothers me and the seam lines look a little rough. I kind of feel that these new bodies, with the type of joints they have, are going to get loose really quick, specially the feet, wich already happened in the old bodies. 

I´ve got to say that the dome+scalp feature for the head is a win, wigs are going to be a lot easier to attach and change.

Overall, i think is a smart move on their side to low production costs and make the doll more attractive for a public that are not doll collectors.
In my particular case, i own one of the first ones made, with the old facemold and body; i was thinking about getting a new one, with the cute new facemold and the improved joints and body design... not so sure now.
Bicefalonia
Bicefalonia

http://bicefalonia.bigcartel.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehwereferret Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:27 am

Gahhhhh! My new girls parts pop off WAY too easy! Except the skull cap. I'm currently struggling to pull the inner piece off Laughing the outer wig piece was a slight struggle, but that's okay.
Tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehwereferret Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:32 am

Oh, by the way, the t-bar plastic either wasn't supposed to be on there or lots of complaints got them to take it off, because Bree doesn't have that weird plastic piece.
Tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:17 am

Fantastic review purple_monkfish! Wonderful photos, much better than any we've seen from MakieLabs. Your review is very well thought out and complete. It answers a great many questions We all have been voicing about these new Makie IMP hybrids.

Seriously, Consumer Reports should hire you to play with all the new toy releases and write the reviews for their publications. Smile

I too am wondering about the magnetic properties of that back screw, have you tried yet to see if a magnet would stick to it?
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Okore Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:57 am

Thank you for posting this! I ordered a new Makie today and I'm looking forward to seeing the new body in person!

(Side note- it is still so weird seeing MY quote at the top of the page every time I save one of my Makies, lol. I feel a bit famous. "Yes, I am the Nikki, USA.")

Okore

Back to top Go down

Post by legendarynarwhal Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:15 am

Thanks for the review! I don't hate the body so much as to stop my getting another Makie, but I'm not a big fan.
legendarynarwhal
legendarynarwhal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down