The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG news from Makie labs.

+16
JRyu
Almostreal
sigsi
littleplaces
ichibidrop
Artful Owl
xxamis
jupiternames
Miss Heny
IndigoAndAsh
Chove
ForestGreen
nattherat
Tesa
Lace
Purple_Monkfish
20 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

BIG news from Makie labs. - Page 4 Empty Re: BIG news from Makie labs.

Post by Almostreal Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:33 pm

Oh what a shame! I missed my chance to order my second makie! My absolute favourite thing about them is the texture of the skin and the highly articulated body. I hope the plastic bodies are high quality at least. I tried to order last night but the site wouldn't let me sign in!
Almostreal
Almostreal

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:56 pm

I've noticed it being funny about signing in. Try navigating to mymakie.com/people/yourusername directly, and seeing if you've been logged in after all. The site refuses to show that I'm logged in, but I am actually logged in and am able to customise, save, and buy makies.

They may not have swapped the bodies over yet either, so if you want one, there might still be time to order. Very Happy
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Almostreal Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Hmm.. That seems to work but now it won't let me check out... Maybe the site is undergoing some maintenance or something.
Almostreal
Almostreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:42 pm

site refuses to show i'm logged in unless I click on "info for parents" or one of the other links, main page never does, just always has "log in"

mmm might be not allowing checkout because something is out of stock? A LOT of wigs are out of stock atm.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Almostreal Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Thanks guys! The lovely people at tech support are checking it out for me. The lady I spoke with say it might be that all the boys outfits are out of stock. I wouldn't mind if they sent him in his birthday suit though ( I can make him an outfit.)
Almostreal
Almostreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Almostreal Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:03 pm

GOOD NEWS! The change over hasn't happened yet so it looks like he'll have an old style (although clothing-less ) body! YAY! Robin's getting a brother!

And may I just say that the customer support for that site is fabulous!
Almostreal
Almostreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:50 pm

awesome! You could always get them to put him in a girl outfit, they do actually mostly fit hahah. I've had a couple of boys come as such because with 17 Makies, i've got a lot of boy outfit duplicates. My 17th should hopefully come in a girl outfit *snort* Bucking gender stereotypes bwhaha.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Almostreal Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:52 pm

Cool! I didn't know that! Ah well.. I plan to make an outfit ( or ten) for him anyway ;-)
Almostreal
Almostreal

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:48 pm

Almostreal wrote:GOOD NEWS! The change over hasn't happened yet so it looks like he'll have an old style (although clothing-less ) body! YAY! Robin's getting a brother!

And may I just say that the customer support for that site is fabulous!
To support this statement, I have a mini story Smile
So way back on Saturday when I didn't realize that they weren't in until Tuesday, I emailed the Makies Support. I asked if I ordered a Makie Doll in the next few hours, if the old body would still be shipped out.

This was the email reply I received this morning (Tuesday):
"Hi there,
We will be introducing a new Makie body in the near future, but we haven't settle on a date yet. Dolls ordered up to now will come with the current body.
Best wishes,
Jen
Team MakieLab"
I have been (nervously) waiting for some sort of confirmation that the dolls I ordered would arrive in the body I wanted them in. Now I can breathe. Smile

Last edited by sigsi on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:49 am; edited 3 times in total
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:52 pm

I've tried joining the Official Makies Fan Club Facebook page, and twice now it's just gone back to "join group", which I think means I've been rejected? I sent Jen a message but didn't get a reply. I'm really curious what people are saying, but I guess it's hard to get into the group!

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:58 pm

IndigoAndAsh wrote:I've tried joining the Official Makies Fan Club Facebook page, and twice now it's just gone back to "join group", which I think means I've been rejected? I sent Jen a message but didn't get a reply. I'm really curious what people are saying, but I guess it's hard to get into the group!
When I was first denied (this past Friday), I facebook messaged Marti Bennet Saturday morning saying that I am a real person, then retried the "join group" option. It said pending for two days, and then Monday I was allowed in.
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:13 pm

sigsi wrote:
IndigoAndAsh wrote:I've tried joining the Official Makies Fan Club Facebook page, and twice now it's just gone back to "join group", which I think means I've been rejected? I sent Jen a message but didn't get a reply. I'm really curious what people are saying, but I guess it's hard to get into the group!
When I was first denied (this past Friday), I facebook messaged Marti Bennet Saturday morning saying that I am a real person, then retried the "join group" option. It said pending for two days, and then Monday I was allowed in.

I just messaged Marti and gave it one last try - if not, no big deal, but worth a shot!

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:27 am

Hopefully you'll be accepted, I think there was a bit of paranoia about fake accounts or something because I don't have a profile image that isn't a cartoon and for a while was using a fake name and still got in. Hmmm. random. But that was ages ago.

As for the lab extention, eeeee it's good in a way but bad in another because it increases the temptation to order more white ones to dye crazy colours. Like, purple, orange... teal... Hey if MH is going to saddle me with endless pink and pastel dollies, I gotta get my rich true colours elsewhere.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:37 pm

It's not really news as such, but it's a tiny tidbit - Sioux recently went to see the new bodies, and commented a tiny bit on them here!

So they're a hard and smooth material a bit like typical doll bodies. That definitely might be a bit nicer for dressing and redressing!
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:27 pm

Wow, thanks for sharing this! I'd been hoping the plastic would be heavier than Barbie plastic. Sounds encouraging.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:22 pm

Yurgh...... 0_o

Real life keeps me away from the forum for a bit, and I come back to this!
Not really sure exactly how I feel about all this......

Well, at least I caught this news in time to order Inspectre Raithe Haunt, my only other white Makie.
He's too good of a character to leave as a virtual Makie, and seeing how he's a ghost, white is really the only proper color for him.

He ended up with a bit of a hair style change, lol, since his wig was sold out. ^_^
No big deal, since white wigs are fairly easy to find.
I do need to remember to go back and change him back to his proper wig now that he's safely ordered.

Decided I better grab a bunch of extra hand sets for my Makie hoard while they are still available, you can never have too many hands! ^_~
Besides, they are small enough to be easily lost, even if you are pretty careful.

I hope they do come up with a way to keep the 3D printed bodies available, even if it's at a higher cost.
I'd like to know that I'd be able to replace the bodies and/or parts on my 3D printed Makies with bodies/parts that were also 3D printed, if something were to happen to one of them.
I don't really want to have to stockpile a bunch of various colored extra Makie Bodies, just in case.

Also, do we know if the old 3D printed heads will even fit on these new IM bodies?
Say these new IM bodies turn out to be so wonderful and marvelous that we want to buy these new bodies for our old 3D printed Makies, are we going to be able to do that?
If they are having to re-work the snap on shoes, and they've said that the old snap on shoes aren't going to work with these new bodies.... The spare hand sets aren't going to either apparently..... Then that might mean that the neck joint of the head will have to be changed too!
0_o
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by legendarynarwhal Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:26 pm

(has not read through all the replies yet) Does this mean Makies might come quicker? The two weeks waiting for Hadley were excruciating, and it didn't help that she came while I was an hour away at a giant show!
legendarynarwhal
legendarynarwhal

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:55 pm

Possibly? I haven't heard anything on that yet. But I'm not in the fb group
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:34 pm

I can't imagine they'd come any quicker, I suspect that currently they have body batches lying around, and it's mostly just heads that go off to print? So it would take the same amount of time after the body switch. I might be wrong though.

Though... they opened a US branch recently didn't they? Maybe that will speed things up a bit for US-based customers!
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:15 pm

they claimed they printed the bodies on demand but I always assumed they had piles of them ready. Maybe they're printed at a different point in the process because they can be churned out without waiting for custom data.

But I believe the main time constraint is the actual process of printing the head in the first place. It takes a long time to print a large object, then it has to be cleaned up. Might make the process marginally faster by cutting out the dye and sanding/finishing element of the 3d body but they'll still assemble the bodies I think. I mean, i'm assuming the bodies will come apart like the current ones. Least I hope they do as there's several situations where taking the whole arm off is really useful for dressing.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by littleplaces Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:10 am

Has anyone else noticed that the creator is automatically setting ears to pierced? :/  I made a last-minute ice frosting Makie order and triple-checked that her ears are not pierced. (I sent a message to the lab asking them to double-check my Makie for unpierced ears and felt bad about asking such an annoying request ^^; .) But yeah, wondering if it's just me Mad
littleplaces
littleplaces

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:48 am

littleplaces wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the creator is automatically setting ears to pierced? :/  I made a last-minute ice frosting Makie order and triple-checked that her ears are not pierced. (I sent a message to the lab asking them to double-check my Makie for unpierced ears and felt bad about asking such an annoying request ^^; .) But yeah, wondering if it's just me Mad
Yeah I noticed that when I created mine last week as well. It made me extra paranoid to check them a million times before I hit "order". Even now I am still a bit nerve-wracked.
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:01 am

Wow this is really big news! I'm really sad to see the 3D printed bodies go. I feel like this takes the whole customization appeal out of the dolls. I'm also sad to see the white skin tone be discontinued. I had a few white skinned characters and potential dying projects that I will no longer be able to do. I hope they do have an option for 3d printed bodies. I can't wait to see everyone's opinions on the new bodies.
KimonoKittyCat
KimonoKittyCat

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:31 am

This was from almost 24 hours ago (early Monday/Labor Day) on the Official Makies Fan Group Page on Facebook:

Question From Member: Is there a final last call for the 3d printed white bodies?

Responses from Jen:

"We should know on Wednesday whether we can start shipping IM bodies with the print order we're sending next week. As soon as this becomes clear I'll do my best to give you at least 24 hours' notice before we switch off Ice Frosting."

"CLARIFICATION: Sorry folks, I worded the above poorly (now edited for clarity). We're potentially shipping IM bodies for the print run that we're sending early next week, which are this week's orders. That means that SM, CC, and CB orders placed from this morning on *might* get IM bodies, although we won't know for sure until Wed. Obviously any Ice Frostings ordered up till the cutoff will be fully 3DP, cos we're not producing ice white IM bodies."

Last edited by sigsi on Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:09 am; edited 2 times in total
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:18 pm

If they did that to my order.... *WILL NOT BE HAPPY*
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next