The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ivy, my first Makie

+3
Purple_Monkfish
MissRead
Jupeycat
7 posters

Go down

Ivy, my first Makie Empty Ivy, my first Makie

Post by Jupeycat Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:46 pm

I got five very different dolls for Christmas and Ivy was my favourite.  She's been following me around the house since then and keeps demanding more clothes.  She has four pairs of shoes ordered which I'm hoping she will share with the new girl when she arrives.  I've also ordered her some glass eyes from Captured In Glass.

Ivy, my first Makie 16278163297_f77f223385_z
Jupeycat
Jupeycat

http://cats.org.uk/dewsbury

Back to top Go down

Ivy, my first Makie Empty Re: Ivy, my first Makie

Post by MissRead Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:02 pm

They can be very demanding in the clothing department can't they?   I have found that with Wren!   I absolutely love Ivy's dress.  Did you make it?
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupeycat Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:06 pm

MissRead wrote:They can be very demanding in the clothing department can't they?   I have found that with Wren!   I absolutely love Ivy's dress.  Did you make it?
It's a Blythe dress I bought for my Dal a couple of years ago.  It's made by Feltland on Etsy.  It's a little bit tight but I think it looks cute on her.

Your little Wren is a very lucky girl!
Jupeycat
Jupeycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:09 pm

awws she has such a soulful gaze.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:14 pm

jupeycat, she is so sad and beautiful. That knit dress is so perfect on her. Love:D

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:12 pm

She's absolutely, heart meltingly,  precious, Jupeycat!  I love you

I've always had a real soft spot for dolls and stuffed animals with solemn, sad little faces. ^_^

I fall for dolls and stuffies that look scared too.
I have a black Teddy Bear, who looks like he's utterly terrified of everything.  When I saw him, I simply had to buy him, even though he wasn't jointed.  I just couldn't stand to leave him there all alone and scared to death!  Smile
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by roopye Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:18 pm

Ivy's so pretty and brooding! The sad mouths really give a pouty, petulant look and I love it! 

I also really love that dress on her, it suits her perfectly!
roopye
roopye

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupeycat Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:05 pm

Thank you everyone!

JRyu, I have always liked sad toys too.  When I was a little girl, my mum used to tell me sad stories about a toy being the last one left in the shop and that it needed to come home with me to be looked after.  I also used to bandage my toys up lol.  The one I remember most is getting my My Child for Christmas.  She was blonde and really was the last one left.  Mum got her in the sale otherwise she would've got me a brunette.  She told me she was lonely!  She is happily sitting in my doll cabinet next to my brunette My Child that I got a few years ago as an adult.

I think this is why I've ended up with a five animals.  One of them has only three legs and is very shy.  I fostered her and couldn't give her up!
Jupeycat
Jupeycat

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:18 pm

I did that too, only it was usually my little dog figures.

Back then I think a lot of the little plastic dogs were made more as something a bit sturdier than China, for children to collect and display.

At least, the more realistically colored ones, because their plastic was more brittle, and it was easier for legs and tails to get snapped off.

Lol, I love dogs, so I was always playing with mine, even my little China dogs. ^_~

Whenever one lost a leg or a tail, and I couldn't find the piece, I would feel really bad.

I loved all my little toy dogs so much that I couldn't bear to throw the broken ones away.

So I would use toilet paper and glue mixed with water and wrap their broken stumps with it to look all bandaged up.

Then I would pretend that they were army service dogs that had been wounded in the war.

If my partner didn't put her foot down, I'd probably take in every hurt, homeless, and stray animal I saw or even heard about!

....and that would be on top of the ten or so poodles I would already have! Very Happy

JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupeycat Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:23 pm

I used toilet paper to bandage my toys!!  I had a flocked seal toy that started to go bald so it got wrapped up the toilet paper because it was "injured".  I can't wait to tell my mum that someone else did this as well!
Jupeycat
Jupeycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupeycat Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:38 pm

Aisha has just arrived home so I've quickly snapped a couple of pics before she gets put away until March.

Ivy, my first Makie 15871667253_8bc3b94e16_n

Ivy, my first Makie 16038023538_f2e2ca96b2_n

I think they will be both getting smaller eyes.  I'm still waiting for Ivy's to be posted.
Jupeycat
Jupeycat

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:59 pm

Lovely to see your new girl!  You are restrained, putting her away until March Smile
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by lilyoutloud Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:59 pm

they both have such cute, brooding faces! adorable.

lilyoutloud

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:29 am

Aisha is lovely, Jupeycat, I don't know how you can stand to wait until March to have her back out and be able to play with her. Smile

Lol, I'd be going crazy! bounce Wink

Btw: I took a peek at the pictures in your gallery, you have some beautiful dolls and Teddies. ^_^

I especially love the little BJD Fennic fox, he is so cute!
Could you tell me which company he is from? I'd love to know!
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupeycat Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:46 am

I'm very pleased with the new girl and it's interesting seeing the difference in their faces.  I'm used to waiting 6 months for bjds so a month doesn't seem that long to me!  I'm also getting my first Pullip (I have a Dal) and I'm excited to see her too.

The little fox is from here: Aileen Doll Penny

It's saying sold out at the moment but I'm pretty sure they will start making them again at some point so keep an eye on them if you want one.  I LOVE the dragons and cats too.  Oh for a money tree.
Jupeycat
Jupeycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down