The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG news from Makie labs.

+16
JRyu
Almostreal
sigsi
littleplaces
ichibidrop
Artful Owl
xxamis
jupiternames
Miss Heny
IndigoAndAsh
Chove
ForestGreen
nattherat
Tesa
Lace
Purple_Monkfish
20 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

BIG news from Makie labs. - Page 5 Empty Re: BIG news from Makie labs.

Post by sigsi Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:52 pm

^By the words "print run" in the last statement, I'm thinking that means if you placed your order Monday/yesterday and onward, your order *could potentially* be with the new body.
I am really hoping that is what it meant (and not the dolls that are being pieced together next week), because my last doll (a SM Makie ordered on Thursday) went to print yesterday. I will still be nervous until the it's arrival though. Shocked
I'll post back with more info if I see anything else on the Facebook page today and tomorrow.
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Thankfully i've only ordered white this run.

I admit it, I panicked today and ordered two more... ahem

I am assuming if it's already "gone to print" it'll be on the 3dp body, least that's the hope.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Almostreal Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Oh man I hope I didn't waste money buying hands that don't fit the new body!
Almostreal
Almostreal

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:40 pm

As far as I know, Makie Labs have been really good with customer service to date, so I don't think they'd just spring surprise IM bodies on people when they know people feel so strongly about it.

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:40 pm

So, the plan was to get a Makie as an anniversary gift. I was going to get Bruno, who is caramel, but now I'm not sure. Do I order him caramel and hope for the best or order him white and dye him? Thoughts? What would you do?
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:31 pm

I agree with indigo, I would think they would sendq an anouncement email that all Makies ordered after such and such date will have the new IM body.....

Or that they would at least change the "order confirmation", or the "gone to print message", to let you know that your doll will have the new IM body.

I mean, they've got to know that a lot of their current orders are coming from adult collectors who are trying to get certain special Makies made before the body change.

On a side note, I sent them a message asking about the compatibility of the old 3DP printed heads with these new IM bodies and vice versa. I'd really like to know that, gods forbid, if something should happen to one of my 3DP Makie's body, that their existing head will actually fit on the new body. That the old 3DP head's neck joint piece will properly connect to the new IM body's.

I'll let you know what they say when I hear back from them.
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Almostreal Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:52 pm

Thank JRyu I'd also like to know about the heads.
Almostreal
Almostreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:07 pm

I dunno, i'm anxious about how they're handling this. Short of us adult fans there's been zero warning about the IM bodies and if they're intending to switch them over tomorrow, how can they do that without telling anyone??!
I can sense a great deal of upset if they do that, it's just not good practice to not declare a huge change in your product, particularly as people who are buying a Makie tend to umm and ahh and look at all the pictures etc they can both on the website and social media etc before making a decision. How could they know after months of deciding, that the product they receive may be very different to all those images they've seen and all the expectations they had?

I really hope they handle this right but so far i'm not overly impressed with the idea of a sudden switchover without a real "any makie ordered after this date will be on this body" for certain announcement, and one made to EVERYONE, not just the elite few who happen to be members here or on facebook.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:36 pm

^^^^^^^^^ I agree 100%, I would not of known this if it wasn't for this site and talking to Monk, not all of use are on social media and it is irksome that they are trying to pull this! I suspect if they do there will be a uproar that would be like a tidal wave in the Makie fandom.
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:37 pm

jupiternames wrote:So, the plan was to get a Makie as an anniversary gift. I was going to get Bruno, who is caramel, but now I'm not sure. Do I order him caramel and hope for the best or order him white and dye him? Thoughts? What would you do?
If you want the 3dbody do the white, if you don't care do caramel.
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:32 am

I think my plan is to wait until tomorrow morning, then based on if we hear anything following up on the IM, I can pick white Bruno or caramel 3Dp Bruno.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by xxamis Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:26 am

Purple_Monkfish wrote:I dunno, i'm anxious about how they're handling this. Short of us adult fans there's been zero warning about the IM bodies and if they're intending to switch them over tomorrow, how can they do that without telling anyone??!
I can sense a great deal of upset if they do that, it's just not good practice to not declare a huge change in your product, particularly as people who are buying a Makie tend to umm and ahh and look at all the pictures etc they can both on the website and social media etc before making a decision. How could they know after months of deciding, that the product they receive may be very different to all those images they've seen and all the expectations they had?

I really hope they handle this right but so far i'm not overly impressed with the idea of a sudden switchover without a real "any makie ordered after this date will be on this body" for certain announcement, and one made to EVERYONE, not just the elite few who happen to be members here or on facebook.

I post my Makies on IG and follow a lot of young girls who have been saving for months and begging their parents for one of these "cool 3D printed dolls". I feel that they will be absolutely devastated! OfficialMakies is having this giveaway for a free outfit and they formally announced the price change but hasn't said anything about the material change. I posted about it once and I know it spread to at least 5 young ladies that way, but from what I've seen Makies hasn't replied to any comments about it on their photos.
xxamis
xxamis

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:52 am

Honest I suspect this will not end well for makie, no way do you run a business like this. Any smart one would of announce it on the official site for people to see a date period they would for sure get 3d bodies.
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:14 am

Yeah, I admit I'm a little surprised too. It seems like the kind of thing that people would really want to know. I really hope it doesn't affect them too much though, since I still think they are making a great product. Even if it is a little less suited to me given the recent change.

I've also tried to get added into the fb group on the odds that maybe I can get any update they might make tomorrow. If anyone's on the fb group, I'd be really thankful if you could post any update from the lab here on whether the bodies are really switched now.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:47 am

I'm curious how these new bodies will look. I'm wondering if the Makie  people aren't too concerned with announcing this body change because the appearance could potentially be very similar to the bodies we have now, perhaps just a different texture? Besides the white frosting and dying factor, it'll be interesting to see how these bodies will compare in skin tone and body shape to the ones we have now. Neutral I hope they at least somehow label this body as "V3 Body Type" after the switchover for potential future buyers.
----
To jupiternames, it took a request to an admin and about 3 days for me to get into the fb group (if that helps at all). Otherwise will post here if I see anything on there.
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:54 am

I really want to see one as well! I feel that if I knew what I was getting I may not mind Bruno being made with the IM body. It's just that I love the 3Dp body so much, I don't want some unknown thing. And of course I'll miss the dye factor like mad! I had been looking for a Chiss doll for years before I found Makies and was able to make my own (durable, poseable) Chiss.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by xxamis Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:56 am

BIG news from Makie labs. - Page 5 Offici10

I tried to blur people since I don't have their permission and stuff but I think we're all somewhat aware of who Jen is.

BIG news from Makie labs. - Page 5 Jen_bo10
xxamis
xxamis

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:58 am

xxamis wrote:
I tried to blur people since I don't have their permission and stuff but I think we're all somewhat aware of who Jen is.
Ooh thanks for the pic! I didn't even think about the blurring out the names thing. Awesome Smile
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by xxamis Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:03 am

sigsi wrote:
xxamis wrote:
Ooh thanks for the pic! I didn't even think about the blurring out the names thing. Awesome Smile

No problem ^^ I actually almost missed this whole conversation since it was a topic inside of a topic so I figured maybe I wasn't the only one who wasn't up to date.
xxamis
xxamis

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:06 am

I suspect one reason they haven't made a big announcement is because it hasn't changed what the unique selling point is - my understanding was they never sold on "This is a 100% 3D-printed doll", just "this is a 3D-printed doll where you can customise the face/pick wigs and eyes". Which still remains the case.

Now, to quite a few people it *does* matter that the whole doll is 3D-printed, either because of the dyeing process or other reasons, but I can also see why the Lab isn't thinking of it the same way, you know?

I'm still pretty hopeful about it all, but I'm aware I'm coming at it from a different perspective - I only dye yarn!

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:15 am

IndigoAndAsh wrote:I suspect one reason they haven't made a big announcement is because it hasn't changed what the unique selling point is - my understanding was they never sold on "This is a 100% 3D-printed doll", just "this is a 3D-printed doll where you can customise the face/pick wigs and eyes". Which still remains the case.

Now, to quite a few people it *does* matter that the whole doll is 3D-printed, either because of the dyeing process or other reasons, but I can also see why the Lab isn't thinking of it the same way, you know?

I'm still pretty hopeful about it all, but I'm aware I'm coming at it from a different perspective - I only dye yarn!
That's fair, I just hope that there aren't too many upset by the change. I know I'd be unhappy if I had bought before and got something different. I really want the lab to keep doing well!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:25 am

jupiternames wrote:
That's fair, I just hope that there aren't too many upset by the change. I know I'd be unhappy if I had bought before and got something different. I really want the lab to keep doing well!

Yeah - there is always a certain amount of "something different" with anything like this - I was shocked how different Angie and Tara are (I'll get pictures at the weekend) - both strawberry milk, Tara is white-person type pink/white, Angie is Pink. I'm happy enough with her, but really not what I was expecting based on previous Makie or other people's pictures. (I've seen a few people say similar, who seem to have received her batchmates.)

Fingers crossed! (I've got my gift card ready and waiting for #4, now I just need to do the writing.)

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:29 am

My concern is the product not looking quite like all the images and info online.
I dunno, feels like something that SHOULD be mentioned. It may not be a big deal to many, but it needs to be mentioned so the product isn't a complete "not at all hat I thought I ordered" situation.

Hopefully they'll have more info soon. I ordered only frosting this batch so that's a relief for me and the im bodies probably are fine for me too but I like to be sure about hat i'm getting. Makie people save for a long time to afford one, and research like mad surely? because it's not an impulse buy kinda product, it's something you read read read about and obsess over to make the decision to get one.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:47 am

IndigoAndAsh wrote:I suspect one reason they haven't made a big announcement is because it hasn't changed what the unique selling point is - my understanding was they never sold on "This is a 100% 3D-printed doll", just "this is a 3D-printed doll where you can customise the face/pick wigs and eyes". Which still remains the case.
This started me wondering again....
Back when the doll body/face changed to the "cutie/V2" mold, was there a big announcement/a cut-off date? And if there was, I'm curious if that announcement was more focused on the body changes or the face detail changes.
----
I understand your point though with this statement. It makes sense, although I agree with others in thinking it should be better announced. Most people probably won't read every single comment on this page or the Facebook group (been stalking both pages all month Shocked.) It'll definitely be interesting to see how things are in a month or two from now.
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:48 am

sigsi wrote:This started me wondering again....
Back when the doll body/face changed to the "cutie/V2" mold, was there a big announcement/a cut-off date? And if there was, I'm curious if that announcement was more focused on the body changes or the face detail changes.
I'd love to know the answer to this too. I sort of followed makies back when they used the classic faces/body, but not very closely because I didn't like the style very much (realistic face on a tiny body). So I kind of missed the news when the switchover was happening, I just remembered makies again and they'd happened to have switched to cutie/V2 at that point.

Considering there are definitely people who prefer classic over cutie, I would be interested to know if they were warned before the switchover.

(ironically, I do now wish I had the option for a classic makie face, just so that I could have more varied customisation options)
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next