The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back in the waiting room again!

+7
JRyu
jupiternames
MissRead
Artful Owl
DollYay
Purple_Monkfish
Vaergo
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Back in the waiting room again! - Page 2 Empty Re: Back in the waiting room again!

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:38 pm

hahah I know right Howll? They clearly didn't look at what they were parcelling up. God knows what they did there, but I imagine it was a pretty big screw up as Makie labs have stated they're not working with them again.
A shame because Argos have FAR better customer service than Amazon who are just flat out vile.

But oh well. I just have to wait for the refund to come through and then i'll be able to order anyway. Cost me a little extra but what can ya do. Hopefully the lab will have another special offer soon to take advantage of.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Back in the waiting room again! - Page 2 Empty Re: Back in the waiting room again!

Post by JRyu Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:13 pm

DollYay, the DSL site is saying by day's end on April 22, but best case scenario means that would be when they arrive in Honolulu. So with processing at that DSL facility, and another plane ride over to The Big Island, processing and sorting at the Hilo facility, I'm thinking more like Friday, the 24th. ^_~

I received another good news email, one of my two BJDs that I ordered for my Christmas present just shipped! Lol, as I'm typing this little Moley started happily singing Jingle Bells! Very Happy

She tends to be singing or humming aloud to herself a lot. ^_^ She's a happy little soul. Mostly what she sings and hums are funny little sing-songy tunes that I suspect she's making up as she goes. Very Happy It's quite endearing actually, in a cute sort of way....... Lol, Lue is telling me that I'm just besotted with her at the moment!
Why.....could it be?...... do I detect a note of jealousy? ^_~ (Lol! It's just too fun to give Lue a bit of a tease now and then, as he just gets so possessive sometimes. Very Happy)

Not to worry, he's sure to come round once he meets little Moley.
Lol, he's apt to become just as "besotted" with her as I am. ^_^ (Ooo, that one got him! Lol! .....Such indignant kerfluffling. ^_~)

Seriously, he really has a soft spot for the smaller dolls, and they in turn all seem to adore him. ^_^

Now where was I.... Oh yeah, here is my "Christmas present" that's finally on his way.

Back in the waiting room again! - Page 2 Image.jpg2_5

Back in the waiting room again! - Page 2 Image.jpg1_6

He's a Ringdoll Teenager, a 1/3 size BJD. ^_^

Also, someone adopted that pretty little Makie with the yellow hair clip! I'm so glad she found a home and someone to love her! Very Happy
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:39 am

Well, I just checked the tracking, and the kids are in Cinncinnati! Interesting...... I'm pretty sure this is the first time any of my lot haven't just taken a direct flight from London to Honolulu.
This could put a serious kink in their arrival schedule! I'm not sure if there are any direct flights from Cinncinnati to Honolulu, so they may end up stopping on the West coast, LAX probably, for fuel...... Which could even involve changing planes, at the very least there will probably be a layover.

If there is a plane change involved, I wonder if that means the kids would have to go to the DSL facility in L.A. And be processed and sorted yet again. 0_0
Lol, seems like a "heck of a way to run a railroad" if you ask me! ^_~ Just how many times do you ACTUALLY NEED to process and sort something?!?

This means it could be Monday before they get home. 9_9
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:33 pm

Maybe they wanted to hit disneyland first heh.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:04 pm

That could be...... You might be right purple_monkfish lol, I can totally see Flan and little Moley not being able to resist the alluring temptation of the Magic Kingdom. Very Happy Poor Slayne would feel obliged to go along just to make sure that the girls were safe. ^_~

Lol, Fen finally saw fit to tell me their friends name....

FEN: I thought I had!!! I could have sworn I told you when I pointed him out!

JRYU: Nope, you were too busy going on about Flan being put in a blonde wig. Not only that, but I don't even think you so much as said "Hi!" to him, just insisted I bundle him into the cart along with Flan. Poor guy probably thinks he's been kidnapped or something!

FEN: Sad .......but....... Flan will have told him! ......wouldn't she...... Sad

JRYU: Lol, don't be daft, of course she has!

Meanwhile, I can hear Moley, who just can't stop giggling, and humming "It's A Small World After All" to herself. ^_~ Lol!
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:48 pm

they're totally riding space mountain over and over till they hurl.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:03 pm

Lol, we totally need Makie sized official "Mickey Mouse ears" hats! Very Happy
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:56 pm

Yes! With the names embroidered on the back!
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:15 pm

Guess who showed up yesterday morning! Very Happy
Back in the waiting room again! - Page 2 Image.jpg15

They're keeping pretty quiet about it purple_monkfish, but have a close look at Moley's bear. ^_~
Back in the waiting room again! - Page 2 Image.jpg6_3

I'll post some more pictures in the gallery, as soon as I get them up loaded to photobucket. ^_^
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:17 pm

Awe, look at them!  Great to see they have arrived and settled in so well already.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:26 pm

Well, Fen didn't show up yesterday, lol! Very Happy
It's just that it's been awhile since Fen and and his sister Flan have seen each other, same with his friend Slayne. So it just made sense that he should be in the picture too. ^_~
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:01 pm

love them! their wigs are perfect, their outfits so cute. I want that hat lol
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:00 pm

Awe they are such cuties. I can't wait to see what mischief they get up too. I love their outfits, they are sooo cute! I especially love the pattern on Flan's dress, so cute.Razz
KimonoKittyCat
KimonoKittyCat

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:51 pm

Yay! Congrats on the new ones! They look adorable. Smile
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:18 am

Thanks guys! ^_^

Yes, Makies seem to have a way of just making themselves right at home, don't they. ^_^
While some of them are certainly quieter than the others, I have to say I've yet to meet a really shy Makie. I suspect Flan and Moley got acquainted while on the trip home, and of course Slayne is an old friend of her brother's. They haven't had a chance to meet everyone else yet, but I'm sure they will all get along just fine. ^_^

I really lucked out in finding Fen's hat, I'd been searching and searching for an old style aviator's cap, because I seriously did not want to have to try and make one. Actually, it's supposedly MSD sized, but I guess it must be for the smaller slimmer ones, because it fits Fen perfectly. Now all I have to do is make and attach Fen's fox ears to it..... If I ever find the right looking Faux Fur! Who would have thought that realistic looking dark blackish red fur would be so hard to find?!?

Lol, Flan's wig is actually her default blonde one, I just streaked it with some metallic markers. It will do, until I find where I've stashed all the little red-ish dark blonde wigs I ordered for her. There was one which was the exact shade and mix of red and dark blonde..... And I had to go and "put it someplace safe"..... 9_9

Funny how all those important things that you can't ever find, are always the things that you "put someplace safe"! Lol. Razz

Slayne's wig is one I ordered a while back for my YoSD sized dolls, but no one wanted to wear it until now. It looked quite a bit different originally, until I rather drastically "butchered" it according to Slayne's instructions. ^_~
The wig originally had 6 or 8 little braids hanging down in the back, which I unbranded and then cut to roughly the same length as the rest of the hair. Except for the front most braid on the one side. I actually think it looks much better now, and Slayne insists that it's spot on! Very Happy

As for Moley, I was a bit torn between this little grey wig, and her original white one. I think it's because the white one was the wig she was wearing when she first caught my attention...... but I think it really was just too much hair for her! I was a little afraid that if I changed her wig she just wouldn't look like dear little Moley anymore, but no fear, her little personality just comes pouring out like bubbly sunshine! ^_^
I'm finding that I just love that grey wig on her more and more, the longer she wears it! Lol, and I already liked it a lot the first time I tried it on her. Very Happy

KimonoKittyCat, Flan's little dress is adorable isn't it! ^_^
It's actually two pieces, and I love the design, and how well the outfit is made. I think it was made for a Blythe, so it's a bit snug, but I think I can tweak it in the back enough to get it to at least close more securely. ^_~
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:52 am

Aww, I still think little Moley has the sweetest face! She's precious.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:41 am

such a cute bunch! I bought an aviator bear a while back thinking his stuff might fit a makie, but my husband stole the bear, cackling like a lunatic the whole time hahaha. Apparently as a kid he always wanted an aviator bear.
I think the goggles are a good size though, so I am on the lookout for another.

We have a term for stuff that's been "put away safe". It's all the fault of some tv show we watched late at night (mother in laws from hell or something) where they described the mother in law "feng shuing" stuff away. Now whenever stuff goes missing, it's been "feng shuied" which means "put somewhere safe, so safe you no longer remember where" hahaha. It seems to happen a LOT.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:34 pm

Lol, yes! Somewhere in this house is a veritable "Aladdin's cave" of "somewhere safeness" , that is just full of stuff! Very Happy

<(<_<)> Now..... it's confession time I'm afraid. <(>_>)>

After posting about feeling guilty for not ordering any of Kyu's fellow Dyrewulfven, and about needing more caramel skinned Makies, I just couldn't stop thinking about it.
To the point where I couldn't stand it any longer! So there was nothing for it, but to go in and choose two of the virtual Dyrewulfven to get made real, and two of my virtual caramel Makies too! So KnightsShade, and ShadowDancer will be coming home, along with Jinlei and Chyme...... Plus a little purple haired MFY Makie who jumped into my cart. <(^_^)>

.......but wait, there's more........ <(6_6)>

This all took place a day or so before MakieLabs announced their 25% off promo, so when I got the email about the promo........

Well..... <(9_9)>

It was such a great deal, especially with the free shipping....... that five more of my virtual Makies will be coming home! <(>_<)>

Not to mention another MFY that sneaked into my cart! <(0_0)>

Oh well, "in for a penny, in for a pound", as the saying goes. <(^_~)>

Lol, Makies really are addictive, seriously!
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:45 pm

Oh my gosh JRyu, that is a WHOLE LOT of makies!
You have to take a big group photo once they're all together!  Laughing
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:07 pm

Wait.. so how many have you ordered??? !
Man I wish I had that money hahaha, awesome.

You're gonna have so much fun with them all.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:50 pm

Oh my! Yes, I think we politely demand a group photo when this massive homecoming happens. Get out your wide angle lense. Wink

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:00 pm

I totally agree!
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Wow!  Yes, we want a group photo once they arrive!  Laughing
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:48 pm

Dolly army! Get them all wee weapons hahahaha
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:35 pm

Lol...... Actually, I just might have enough I/6 scale swords, knives, and such between Ryuu's martial arts stuff and his WWII Japanese pistol, and my miniature sword collection. Especially if I can talk Freyr into letting me borrow his German Luger and ceremonial dagger models. Very Happy
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next