The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here is my February doll order!

+4
MissRead
Purple_Monkfish
jupiternames
JRyu
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Here is my February doll order!  Empty Here is my February doll order!

Post by JRyu Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:34 pm

Well, after seeing Jupeycat's sweet little sad faced girl, Ivy, I felt an even stronger pull to bring my sad boy home.  So when I discovered my email from MakieLabs with the Feb. promo code, I just had to order him.

I decided his original name just didn't suit him, he needed something cuter.  So I swapped his name with one of my other Makies, whose cute name just didn't suit him.

I just placed his order yesterday, and I'm already impatient for him to arrive!

Here is my Kyu.

Here is my February doll order!  Image20

Here is my February doll order!  Image19
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Here is my February doll order!  Empty Re: Here is my February doll order!

Post by jupiternames Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:27 am

Oh wow, he's pretty cute!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:36 pm

He's adorable! omg I just want to hug him!
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:56 pm

He is going to be great!  I bet you just can't wait.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:09 pm

Thanks guys! Smile

Yes! I can't wait to see him in the "nylon", I'm hoping he will look even sadder and more vulnerable, than he does in virtual form.

It's funny, I also have two very lovely BJD boys coming from Ringdoll, but I'm almost more excited about Kyu coming home.

Maybe it's because even though I designed him and I've seen him in virtual form, I don't really know exactly how he's going to turn out as a real dimensional doll. There is sort of that element of surprise there. Very Happy

Now, If I can just keep Lue from stealing him away, and making Kyu HIS pet! Wink Laughing
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:10 am

Having designed Poppy to look worried, I feel like I had similar hopes. And in hindsight, I would say that it is so much easier for the 3D doll to evoke the emotion that you want. It's like, yeah, the face is the "same" but somehow I feel that the expression is more obvious in the real Makie. Too, I usually pose Poppy to look like she's anxiously fidgeting.
Here is my February doll order!  <a href=Here is my February doll order!  16532607895_a0d95e554a_m

Here is my February doll order!  <a href=Here is my February doll order!  16208750071_4673b9fba2_m
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:24 pm

See this is something I fear with "annoyed" faces, is making them look "too angry". My Harris, who i'll be ordering in May is supposed to look irritated constantly, but my fear is he'll end up just looking like he wants to shiv everyone lol. (actually, that could be in character for him lol)

Eyebrow angle is a very sensitive part of the makie design, a little too much and it's "too much" in the nylon. I haven't gotten the knack for that quite yet, it's still a bit of a guessing game.

I do get the feeling this boy is gonna look omg SO huggable though lol. I already want to just cuddle him and tell him it'll all be ok.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:43 pm

Your Poppy is darling, jupiternames. Smile

Yes, I noticed that to some extent with Jupeycat's Ivy, as she had posted Ivy's virtual image along with her actual photos.

I can see it even more with your Poppy, when I compare the two images. Smile

Very Happy Aww, she looks like she's worrying about whether or not she ought to offer to share her fries with you. Wink

Purple_monkfish, that aspect never occured to me....
Most of mine who have "angry eyebrows" also have big, wide smiles, as I was going for a devious, slightly devilish look. Wink

Lol, I wonder now if they will turn out looking fiendishly demented! Twisted Evil Laughing
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by makies23 Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:31 pm

He is a handsome little makie, you will adore him. The sad ones are the most alluring to me, you just can't go wrong!  The wait is a killer, I got my girl less than two weeks from the day I placed my order so he should be in your hands very soon!
makies23
makies23

https://www.flickr.com/photos/theknitteddoll/

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:09 pm

I totally want a devillishly demented doll now! hahaha.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:42 am

Ha, I think "demented" is a true posibility in the maker. Straight out of the tube, Prof did look like she was about to shiv someone. Another couple points on the eyebrow tilt and she would have been full on Disney villain. I don't think your newcomer is in any danger of that though JRyu.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:32 am

hahah that's my fear with Harris. Though to be fair his character is such that wanting to destroy the universe is a real possibility. Still... hehehe.
I'm gonna have to be reeeeeal careful with the angry eye tilt.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaergo Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:13 am

I've used the most tilted eyes on Vencka, and although she has the biggest grin her overall "look" is one to be weary off. She's always plotting and full of sarcasm. Faelan has the regular eye tilt, it looks like he's always surprised.
Which suits him. I am planning a third, but that one needs a lot of thought and careful planning. She will undergo lots of modifications.
Vaergo
Vaergo

http://Www.vencka.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:54 am

JRyu wrote:Your Poppy is darling, jupiternames. Smile

Yes, I noticed that to some extent with Jupeycat's Ivy, as she had posted Ivy's virtual image along with her actual photos.  

I can see it even more with your Poppy, when I compare the two images. Smile

Very Happy Aww, she looks like she's worrying about whether or not she ought to offer to share her fries with you. Wink

Purple_monkfish, that aspect never occured to me....
Most of mine who have "angry eyebrows" also have big, wide smiles, as I was going for a devious, slightly devilish look. Wink

Lol, I wonder now if they will turn out looking fiendishly demented! Twisted Evil Laughing
Aww, thank you! I don't know how I missed your reply here. But I think you've got it. She's worried about offering the fries, then probably also worried that Pepper will whisk by and grab them out of her hands. You really never know with siblings!

How about Kyu--did he ship yet? I can't wait to see how his expression has turned out.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:28 pm

For some reason, when MakieLabs sends me notices, they send most of them to the other email. I just checked that one, since I haven't received anything in my icloud.com inbox, and found Kyu's shipping notice! Very Happy

According to the notice he just left Heathrow Airport today, the 25th, at 8:31pm London time, so he should be arriving in Honolulu sometime tomorrow morning. Smile

With luck, they will get him processed and on a plane for The Big Island, that afternoon. If it's a direct flight it will take him roughly 45 minutes to reach this Island. Smile

With a bit more luck, they will get him processed, and out on a truck for delivery on the morning of the 27th! Very Happy
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:28 pm

Oops, I knew something about that time line wasn't right.

I forgot they have to go from Heathrow to the East Midlands airport first, and then fly out from there. Smile

Lol, when I read DHL's estimated delivery date of the 27th, my first thought was, "Uh huh..... that means he'll get here Monday." Wink

My first thought was right. Very Happy
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:06 pm

This is a test to see if I can post pictures from my iPad while in mobile version, since I seem to be stuck with using that version on my iPad.

So, here is Kyu, I hope.
Here is my February doll order!  Image.jpg2_2
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:15 pm

Okay, it appears to have worked, could those of you who are viewing the forum using the classic version let me know if the picture of Kyu is showing up in my previous post?

I'd really appreciate it, thanks. ^_^

Now, if I can just figure out how to start a new thread in this ridiculous mobile version.....
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Oh dear, is the mobile version really bad? I never browse the net on my phone, it's painfully slow and I find it baffling. I'm old hah.

Yes the picture is showing up in regular ol' computer version.

That's a fabulous set of boots and dress right there, loving it. Makes me think 80s  glam rock I have to say.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:37 pm

Good! That's one problem solved, now I just have to figure out if there is some way to start a new thread using this version....

I can post, so one would think that there would also be some way to start a new thread, but I've yet to find it.

I don't seem to be able to edit or add to my posts either. Sad

I mostly use my iPad, since it takes up less space and is easy to use..... At least up until it suddenly decided that it would only let me view the forum in the mobile version.

Up until that point, I was viewing, and using, the classic version just fine
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:42 pm

I love Kyu! The boots he's wearing are so cute may I ask where from?

Jyru, about the iPad problems and mobile version, I had the problem too, simply tap the arrow pointing down at the top of the screen then tap "classic version" hope it helps!Smile
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:31 pm

Lol, accidently hit the send button before I was finished. Very Happy

Anyway, maybe you could check with the forum tech people, and see if they've have ever heard of this problem.
I can go to the classic version, but all I get is the top part with the forum name and the Makies logo, the header bar, and then the advertisement section, of course. The space where the topic or thread titles would normally be is just a small blank white space, with the closing bar across the bottom. It doesn't even take up the whole screen like it normally would when I was able to view the classic version.

Maybe the tech support people know some trick, or way to correct it so that I can go back to using the classic version on my iPad again.
I'm not having any problems like this with my other forums, or with websites that have mobile versions, only this one. 9_9

Lol, yes, it does look a bit 80's glam rock. Wink
The boots were originally Shoi's, but he and Kyu traded.
Shoi decided he liked Kyu's purple bear hat, and Kyu decided he preferred the silver boots.
The hat was adorable, but it just didn't suit him.... It was too cute, Kyu says he doesn't do cute. ^_~

Kyu: "Your pardon M'lady, but I'm wearing a tunic, not a dress, as is fitting for a Mage and scholar of the realm."

Lol, once again the Makie who shows up, is totally not the Makie I was expecting. Very Happy

He's older than he appeared to be, and he doesn't even look the least bit sad and scared!

Frankly, I think that was all just a ploy to get me to choose him to be the next one to be made real!
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:29 am

Huh! Well, I never expected him to look...inquisitive. But he's pretty cool, so I suppose no harm done. Is that a new wig he's got? What do the other Makies think about him?
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:59 pm

I love all the purple. Super cool. How is he fitting in with the rest of the crowd?

As for tech issues, this forum always shows up in mobile version on my (samsung) tablet and I have to go into the menu and change it to desktop, but then it works normally. I hope you can get some kind of resolution to the issue. I'm sure it is frustrating.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:32 pm

That's really odd. it could be some plugin interfering, i'm not sure though. Anyone else on IOS or whatever it is encountering a problem?
I wonder if it's an IOS issue. Could be browser, could be plugins, could be a lot of things. Hmmm. tricky.

Anyone else have an Ipad they could check this for me? We're an apple free household here i'm afraid.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next