The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keep Me Honest - the Pre-order waiting period.

3 posters

Go down

Keep Me Honest - the Pre-order waiting period. Empty Keep Me Honest - the Pre-order waiting period.

Post by IndigoAndAsh Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:23 am

You know the "everyone has a novel in them?" Well... I've written (not very good) novels before. But this one story keeps getting away from me - it's been turning up in one form or another for over ten years. It's a bit of a complicated situation in that it's tied in with writing I did with some other people a long time ago. But for one reason or another, I've never got beyond a few pages and snippets.

Jordan and Angie are characters from the story. (Who've meandered from "brief mention" to "have an entire plotline, have taken over the story, god help us all") There's a third character, Nicole, who I think would make a lovely Makie.

I have ordered a gift card. I can get "a doll" any time after it arrives.

I'm not going to order Nicole until I've written 10,000 words on this story. They don't have to be brilliant, but they do have to be honestly there. That could take me two days, could take me six months. So I'm going to stick this thread here to keep me accountable, if no-one minds.

And to make it more interesting - how many of you have Makies based on characters you write?

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Keep Me Honest - the Pre-order waiting period. Empty Re: Keep Me Honest - the Pre-order waiting period.

Post by ichibidrop Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:34 am

Ooh! I'm a fellow writer! I start stuff but never finish. My makie Maddie is one of my favorite serious OCs and one of the oldest. I've written a lot about her, but the plot kept changing and right now it leads nowhere. I still love the OCs though ^_^
(Note: Maddie used to be sort of an antagonist but also hijacked the story and turned out to be not so bad, though still selfish and shady at times).

I ordered Lacey and Daliah, both who should be arriving sometime next week (shipping takes so long T.T) . They each also come from different stories.
So far the story with Daliah is at a solid 12,000 words (record for staying focused!). I think the novel is kind of poopy at the moment, but I am still determined to finish it and then maybe clean it up Smile

Good luck with your project! You can do it!!! Get in the zone and keep on writing! If a part is too difficult or boring to write or you're inspired to write another scene, just skip ahead and go back to fill in the gaps during revisions! You know all the writing tips Smile)) I know it's hard but you can do it!
ichibidrop
ichibidrop

Back to top Go down

Keep Me Honest - the Pre-order waiting period. Empty Re: Keep Me Honest - the Pre-order waiting period.

Post by ichibidrop Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:38 am

Btw, I discovered Makies because I was searching for customizable dolls so that I could create a Maddie doll! I googled it and the makies website came out. Other than makies because of OCs, I've never been a doll collector. Very Happy
ichibidrop
ichibidrop

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:06 am

Not a doll collector either, but found Makies a few months back when searching for a customizable doll for my younger siblings who both have doll collections.
I played around with the Makie Creator and ended up creating a character that showed up in a lot of my drawings (brief sketch ideas that were never completed) over the years. It wasn't until then did I start to actually form a more in-depth story around this character. Now there is a brother, potential love interest, and a villain-turned-hero being sent to the dye batches. 3d bodies are a priority. Shocked
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:33 am

My gift card has arrived - I'm impressed with the packaging, it's in a nice little Makies box with some stickers and the card itself in a gold envelope. Now I've put it away in a drawer to wait.

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down