The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Technical Question - How to change email address (solved)

5 posters

Go down

Forum Technical Question - How to change email address (solved) Empty Forum Technical Question - How to change email address (solved)

Post by Faintdreams Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:31 am

Hello.

New to this forum, but was a longtime member of the previous one.

I've just created and activated my account here, and it looks like once you set up an account you can't change the email associated with it?

Is that the case?  If so, that's could end up with a lot of 'dead' accounts in future as people get locked out of their accounts due to changing/being unable to access the original email account they signed up with.

I looked under Profile and Settings it appears I can only change my password, not my email address.

If anyone knows how (or if) I can change my email address I'd be very grateful if they could tell me how to do so!
Faintdreams
Faintdreams

Back to top Go down

Forum Technical Question - How to change email address (solved) Empty Re: Forum Technical Question - How to change email address (solved)

Post by JRyu Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:41 pm

Good point! Neutral

scratch

There is a little grey reset button at the bottom, next to the the save one, did you try that?

Of course it might possibly mean that you would then have to enter EVERYTHING on that page, all over again. Which would be kind of a pain..... Rolling Eyes

Purple_monkfish is the admin. here, she's really good about catching stuff and responding. Smile

However, if she doesn't happen to catch your post and respond, you can always send her a private message about it. Smile

BTW: Hi, welcome to the new forum! Very Happy
It's so great whenever another Makie friend from the old forum finds us and joins! Smile

Yay! cheers
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Forum Technical Question - How to change email address (solved) Empty Re: Forum Technical Question - How to change email address (solved)

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:46 pm

It could be a forum default, let me have a looksee. There's a lot of random defaults i'm having to change as and when they're brought up.
Like it wouldn't let us have siggies by default (and took me a while to figure out how to activate that lol), and then it wouldn't let people post for some reason.
Ahh technology.

Let me see if i can sort this out.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:54 pm

ok, you should now be able to do this.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:22 pm

You see... Smile

Like I said, she's a really great admin! Very Happy

3 cheers for our admin! cheers cheers cheers
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:20 pm

Hip hip hooray!  bounce cheers
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:03 am

Hats off to our fearless leader!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:48 am

oh you guys, heh.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Faintdreams Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:53 am

wow! that was fast! Thanks to all who replied and especially Purple_monkfish who fixed the issue so quickly.

This thread can probably be closed now
Faintdreams
Faintdreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down