The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What clothes can Makies wear?

+18
Miss Heny
JRyu
sigsi
ForestGreen
IndigoAndAsh
Artful Owl
NoMorePanicDreams
nattherat
xxamis
Lace
Arkinlae
Lien_J
Bicefalonia
emily_corene
jupiternames
MissRead
Purple_Monkfish
DollYay
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What clothes can Makies wear? - Page 3 Empty Re: What clothes can Makies wear?

Post by nattherat Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:41 am

Nope, sorry xxamis! It says it's for a 65cm+ doll. Makies aren't even 20cm. Sad If you're buying BJD clothes, yo-SD/tiny dolls are similar sizes to a makie body-wise, but definitely always check measurements. 

If you're happy to pay a bit of money, you could probably commission a similar thing for your makie!

Edit: If you want to buy from that shop, I think this is the category in which you'd have the most luck (the tiny category): http://stores.ebay.com/Beachgirlnikitas-Guys-and-Dolls/Tiny-BJD-Apparel-Tights-/_i.html?_fsub=412347018
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by xxamis Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:53 am

nattherat wrote:Nope, sorry xxamis! It says it's for a 65cm+ doll. Makies aren't even 20cm. Sad If you're buying BJD clothes, yo-SD/tiny dolls are similar sizes to a makie body-wise, but definitely always check measurements. 

If you're happy to pay a bit of money, you could probably commission a similar thing for your makie!

Edit: If you want to buy from that shop, I think this is the category in which you'd have the most luck (the tiny category): http://stores.ebay.com/Beachgirlnikitas-Guys-and-Dolls/Tiny-BJD-Apparel-Tights-/_i.html?_fsub=412347018

Oooh ok thanks! I don't know how I missed that lol. I'm looking for a space suit sort of thing for my expected Makie and I found some Barbie stuff but this BJD looked extra shiny haha. While I have you here, do you think you could tell me if either of these would fit? I'm confused about the vintage one because I know Barbie has been even skinnier in the waist than she is now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BARBIE-FASHIONISTA-DOLL-CAREER-CLOTHES-SILVER-ASTRONAUT-SPACE-SUIT-UNIFORM-/121592755368?hash=item1c4f7e34a8
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Barbie-Superstar-70s-80s-CLONE-Doll-Clothes-Lot-Silver-ASTRONAUT-Space-Suit-/381393546367?hash=item58ccd3ac7f
xxamis
xxamis

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:18 am

I think they're both cheap enough that you could probably risk it. I imagine they'll definitely definitely be too long in the legs. Barbie's legs are longer than makies.
However, I'd also be concerned about the width in the arms and legs. Makies have chunkier arms and legs compared to fashion dolls.

I think the $9.99 is the safer option, the arms look like they could be wide enough to accommodate makies. The $3.19 one, I think not only might the arms be too narrow, but also too long. The neck may also be too narrow, and the legs would definitely be too long naturally.

However, in both cases, neither are likely to be an amazing fit! Barbie is definitely proportioned completely differently. The only reason clothes sharing is really possible is because she has some of the widest shoulders/rib cage among fashion play dolls of her size. So she fits the torso of makies best. Every other part: legs, arms, hands, feet, head, none of them will fit barbie stuff. Sometimes the arms and legs can get in things, but shoes and hats/headwear are a no-go (unless you want a mini hat I suppose)
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:29 am

I wouldn't expect the vintage one to fit a Makie. You are correct, classic Barbie had a very tiny waist compared to the newer dolls. I'm not sure how well it would hold up to being tugged onto a Makie anyway, because I'm pretty sure they got the date wrong on it and it is actually 60's, I definitely know it's not 80's. That type of fabric tends to break down and disintegrate with age.

I don't know anything about the Fashionista body so I don't want to guess whether or not the other one would fit well.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:02 am

Both cases are definitely risky. I thought I saw an elasticated waist on the vintage one, but if older waists were that thin then yeah, I suppose it won't fill out very well.

Since you want something so specific, I think again you might want to consider commissioning it so that you at least get a new and perfectly fitting product. There are several people on the boards that make clothing! Not to mention a multitude of etsy sellers. Very Happy
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by xxamis Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:19 am

nattherat wrote:Both cases are definitely risky. I thought I saw an elasticated waist on the vintage one, but if older waists were that thin then yeah, I suppose it won't fill out very well.

Since you want something so specific, I think again you might want to consider commissioning it so that you at least get a new and perfectly fitting product. There are several people on the boards that make clothing! Not to mention a multitude of etsy sellers. Very Happy

Thanks so much guys! Yeah I'll probably just end up commissioning it. I'm just hesitant because I wouldn't know where to begin xD Maybe if I can find some cool fabric I can try and make something myself ^^
xxamis
xxamis

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:19 am

I'd start by grabbing both those pictures and storing them! I find it helps me to have a collection of pictures that are similar to what I'd want. That way, I can either try to copy them in my own sewing or I have something to show an Etsy seller who does commissions.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by xxamis Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:12 am

jupiternames wrote:I'd start by grabbing both those pictures and storing them! I find it helps me to have a collection of pictures that are similar to what I'd want. That way, I can either try to copy them in my own sewing or I have something to show an Etsy seller who does commissions.

Good idea Very Happy
xxamis
xxamis

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:00 pm

Not that it will be easy (or cheap) to get online, but if you happen to have this doll it will work.
I found a boy doll (Hal), one of Mattel's "The Happy Family" (1975) members in my mom's old toys.
This outfit fits my girl Makie pretty well (jeans are great, shirt bunched a little bit but overall fit is good). Here is the picture of the actual doll family (I will take a picture of the outfit on a Makie shortly).
What clothes can Makies wear? - Page 3 12994413145_913d947082_n
--------
Edit: Added Makie doll wearing this oufit
What clothes can Makies wear? - Page 3 11220411What clothes can Makies wear? - Page 3 12003310What clothes can Makies wear? - Page 3 12004710What clothes can Makies wear? - Page 3 12006010What clothes can Makies wear? - Page 3 12006310

Last edited by sigsi on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:08 pm

I grew up knowing this line of dolls as "the Sunshine Family". I think I might still have mine somewhere in storage. I think there is a commercial sewing pattern for them floating around somewhere. I'll have to see if I can find any information about it.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:36 pm

ForestGreen wrote:I grew up knowing this line of dolls as "the Sunshine Family". I think I might still have mine somewhere in storage. I think there is a commercial sewing pattern for them floating around somewhere. I'll have to see if I can find any information about it.
These families are friends Smile
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:07 am

xxamis wrote:
Thanks so much guys! Yeah I'll probably just end up commissioning it. I'm just hesitant because I wouldn't know where to begin xD Maybe if I can find some cool fabric I can try and make something myself ^^
I was browsing Pinterest today and found a link to a Blythe catsuit. https://www.flickr.com/photos/bonbonblythe/3167018013/  It might be a place to start for your space suit. Since Halloween is coming up, I bet you can find an appropriate fabric in the fabric stores right now too.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:23 am

McCall's Pattern Company had a pattern for the Sunshine/Happy Family doll line in 1975, McCalls 4716.
Here's a page I found with a little bit of information about the pattern.
http://heresherbie.blogspot.se/2014/03/sunshine-family-dolls-sewing-pattern.html#.VfTPPlN8Az9

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:02 am

I think Vicky had a space suit, she's a 90s doll (Adventures of Vicky) partwork and i'm pretty sure she had a space suit. She's kinda Barbie sized (I think she actually uses Petra's body)
http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8466/8110711771_327cd3c8a0.jpg

there it is

Vicky stuff is often mistakenly listed as "sindy" or "barbie" stuff because it fits both of them.

There's a few of her outfits i'd rather like heh.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:38 pm

Hey! I was going through some stuff and found a pair of black build-a-bear socks, looking at them it hit me that they would make great Makie stocking caps!

All you have to do is fold the cuff over one more time, and presto! ^_^
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:02 pm

4-ever best friends stuff fits beautifully, even the shoes fit!

It's an older line now, getting quite hard to find but if you come across reasonably priced fashion packs, they fit Makies.

I got one off ebay a few days ago, mga line so really nicely made clothes (they do good clothes when they put effort in) and super cute red trainers.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:17 am

I'm sure I've seen someone mentioning Sparkle Girlz (I think dungarees), do their clothes fit? They looked a little small in the package, but that can be deceiving.

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:33 am

Oh they fit well on norm and are well made Smile
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:02 am

I so need some sparkle girlz outfits in my life. I have some pixy punk stuff (same brand) but the fashion packs are super hard to find over here. Annoyingly.
The outfits tend to fit, though most are a little stretchy which is helpful. the actual dolls are skinnier, but there's a lot of overlap with Barbie and similar sized dolls so they fit Makies too.
The shoes are waaay too small though, they fit Barbie.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:11 am

ASDA currently has a bunch of Sparkle Girlz single outfits - tops and skirts/dresses, I think they come with bags and shoes, two pound each. Need to have a proper dig through, I only saw them when it was busy. Nowhere seems to have the multipacks I've seen Americans talk about.

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitty-kat Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:14 pm

This etsy shop has adorable clothes, and I found that the YoSD tops fit great (if a little baggy). I got several from here a few weeks ago, and I can't stop my girls wearing them:
Here's a comparison:
What clothes can Makies wear? - Page 3 Photo10>
Kitty-kat
Kitty-kat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:32 pm

yeah our nearest Asda's toy section is CHAOS and they seemed to have all sparkle girl stuff except outfits last time I went. I was pretty annoyed. I spent a while searching the shelves but woah.. they're just a mess. They have no organisation, stuff is thrown everywhere, it's mental.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xxamis Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:05 pm

Kitty-kat wrote:
This etsy shop has adorable clothes, and I found that the YoSD tops fit great (if a little baggy). I got several from here a few weeks ago, and I can't stop my girls wearing them:
Here's a comparison:
What clothes can Makies wear? - Page 3 Photo10>

Oh I love this shop! Just bought a few things for my tiny BJD there. Does this mean that all YoSD pieces fit Makies?? Because I see that word (acronym?) a lot on Etsy and the outfits are always really cute. I know there are cheaper choices with the Barbies and all that but both of my dolls are more mature and I can't deal with all the pink and frills >.<
xxamis
xxamis

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:03 pm

Some YoSD clothes will fit, but they'll be baggy, while other clothing may be too big.

Mostly it depends on the seller. If it is someone making doll clothing out of their home, and they are using measurements taken from a doll they own, then they should be able to tell you which doll the measurements are from, and give you those measurements. That way, you can compare them to Makie measurements to see if they are close enough.

However, some of the sellers, even on etsy, are actually Chinese manufacturers, and most of those are not one or two persons making doll clothes out of there home. They are more likely to be a small factory, or like a tailoring business.

You can still contact them, ask if the clothing will fit a doll with these measurements, and provide them with the Makie measurements. Many of these Chinese sellers will respond and be able to tell you if the clothing will fit, as long as you can give them the Makie measurements.

Some may even offer to custom make the outfit for you to the Makie measurements. Of course, the same holds true for those individual sellers who are making doll clothes out of their homes.

Another tip, is to look for BJD clothing that says it is made to, or will fit Fairyland LittleFee BJDs, Lati Yellow, or Bambicroney BJDs. These are some of the 1:6 sized BJDs that are slightly smaller and slimmer than Volks YoSDs. Lati dolls come in different sizes, so I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the closest in size are the Lati Yellow.

BTW: YoSD is a trademarked name, and should really only be used to refer to the 1:6 sized BJDs made by the Volks company in Japan. As a group BJDs of this size are usually referred to as 1:6 BJDs or Tinies. ^_^
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:19 pm

I almost forgot, I have found that some of the clothing from the 10" Madame Alexander dolls will fit the Makies. One of mine is wearing the outfit from a Madame Alexander, Disney's Mulan character doll.

You can often find the outfits being sold separately from the dolls on eBay.

The outfits from the older dolls are often made mostly from felt, while the outfits from the more modern, newer released dolls actually seem to be made a little better, and with more parts that are actual fabric.
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next