The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What clothes can Makies wear?

+18
Miss Heny
JRyu
sigsi
ForestGreen
IndigoAndAsh
Artful Owl
NoMorePanicDreams
nattherat
xxamis
Lace
Arkinlae
Lien_J
Bicefalonia
emily_corene
jupiternames
MissRead
Purple_Monkfish
DollYay
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What clothes can Makies wear? - Page 2 Empty Re: What clothes can Makies wear?

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Barbie stuff from modern (post 2000?) Barbie should fit as she has a much wider waist. The earlier ones, some skirts fit but some are too tight around the waist thanks to the original body's wasp waist of riblessness lol.
The boy and girl waist isn't actually that much different, it's the shoulders/bust region that changes.
As a result, most stuff that fits the girl body will also fit the boy body around the waist.

Bratz Boy pants are a bit tight on the boys (though the most recent Bratz boy stuff seems to fit perfectly around the waist and length-wise too. Tops are a bit tight though)
Barbie trousers def fit the boys and skirts will as well, just watch length.
I'll get some pics if you like, what sort of skirts were you thinking? Kilt-like? or actual frilly skirts?
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:51 pm

Purple_Monkfish wrote:The boy and girl waist isn't actually that much different, it's the shoulders/bust region that changes.
As a result, most stuff that fits the girl body will also fit the boy body around the waist. 
True story! Garrak can share pants with all my girls, so I'm sure he could wear their skirts too.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Lace Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:49 pm

Thank you! That helps an awful lot.
Glad to hear their waists are similar sizes, guess I just have to worry about tops then.
Uh I'm looking for like, long (for a makie) flowing summery skirts I think? But yeah basically actual frilly skirts. Pics would be honestly fantastic if you have the time, that's very kind of you.
Lace
Lace

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:05 am

I have a few long skirts I think, Lirel usually wears em heh. I'll try to get some shots of one of my boys in em, IF I can find my stupid sd card reader. It's gone awol again.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lace Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:29 am

Aww, it's fine if you can't, don't go hunting around everywhere if it's inconvenient. Just knowing they'll fit is really useful. Devon will likely refuse to come out of his tube if I don't have a change of clothes waiting for him.
Lace
Lace

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:13 am

Ok, Sindy skirts from the 70s and 80s seem to fit the boys fine. Barbie stuff is a little tighter and might not totally do up at the back. I tried a couple and one did up and the other wouldn't, so seems to depend on if they're hipster cut or high waist. Sindy stuff on the other hand seemed to fit a bit more consistantly.
Long skirt-wise, I tested out the brown and white skirt http://www.oursindymuseum.com/1979%20Mix%20&%20Match/Mix%20Match%201979%20group.JPG here which is full length on a Makie and it fits the boy body nicely actually heheh.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lace Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:34 am

Looks like I'm going to need to trawl ebay for a nice Sindy skirt or two then and maybe snap up a mixed lot of barbie and bratz boyz clothes to test the water with as well.
Thank you again for taking the time to do that! I really appreciate it.
Lace
Lace

Back to top Go down

Post by xxamis Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:03 am

Has anyone ever tried to alter American Girl dresses to fit Makies? I ask because if I try to sew my own I'd be doing it all by hand, plus I just started working at the AG Place so I'd get an alright discount. 

http://www.americangirl.com/shop/truly-me-clothing/myag-halter-dress-doll-cjt50
http://www.americangirl.com/shop/truly-me-clothing/double-bow-dress-tm-clf15
http://www.americangirl.com/shop/beforever-clothing/julies-mix-print-maxi-dress-chh73

Some dresses like these without actual sleeves to worry about, could I just cut a bit out from the back and resew it tighter? Maybe flip the bottoms under and make them shorter? Except for Julie's though, I'd probably find a way to gather it up at the sides somehow since it has such great prints.
xxamis
xxamis

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:27 pm

AG clothes are too big for that. I'd suggest trying to alter Barbie or Liv stuff instead.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by xxamis Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:28 pm

jupiternames wrote:AG clothes are too big for that. I'd suggest trying to alter Barbie or Liv stuff instead.
Ahh, ok thanks!
xxamis
xxamis

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:32 pm

No problem! Actually, Liv dresses and shirts that are loose at the waist or empire-waisted are best. Liv has a smaller waist than Makies. This is a Liv dress on my Lizzie to show what I mean by "loose waist". The dress is the floral garment on the right.

What clothes can Makies wear? - Page 2 14527266880_532dbcbb3f_z
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:43 pm

Here's a photo that shows the Monster High boys fit on makies!
What clothes can Makies wear? - Page 2 11325226_1434400336887067_45053056_n
Everything apart from the doc martins on the left are all from MH boys. I've only got these two outfits, but they both fit. The velcro doesn't really reach so well on the red shorts, but the shorts stay up no problem, and the velcro is covered up by the long shirt.

Not that there's much selection around for MH boys. But just in case anybody really liked an outfit and wanted to know if it'd fit: I'm pretty sure it will!
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:44 pm

yeah the mh boy tops can be a bit tight hahah. I have a few on my boys, they look nice from the front even if they don't totally fasten at the back. It's fiiiine.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:54 pm

Ooh really? The two I have are loose and fasten no problem, with room to breathe. It could be because it's on the 'girl' body, or it could be because the tops are from the CAM gargoyle and vampire boys, but in these two cases the tops fit just like normal loose t-shirts.

If I get any normal-line MH boys (you know, when they're not like a million pounds compared to the girls), I'll do more dressing up, see if there's a difference between those and CAMs. XD

(edit: or did you mean the bottoms/shorts/trousers? because haha yeah, they don't fit perfectly. XD)
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:01 am

Gabe often wears Jackson's little vest thing and it fits but it's a little tight at the back heh. Zhi stole Deuce's scaris top which again, fits but it's a bit tight (it does do up though). Invisibilly's hoodie is cute on the girls, it's all baggy haha.
I have a LOT of mh dolls *snicker*
I love the way the shoes fit though because they go on and come off so much easier than Ken shoes. They're nice and soft and a bit chunkier so help balance out the big ol' head.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NoMorePanicDreams Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:47 am

Just found out the the new mc2 dolls clothes fit makies to.
https://flic.kr/p/wJjHey
NoMorePanicDreams
NoMorePanicDreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:07 am

makes sense given they fit Barbie stuff heh. The budget dolls have really cute clothes, they aren't available here (only the deluxe ones are and they're super expensive) but I like a few of the shirts quite a lot. I'm hoping they go on sale in the US so I can afford to import a few for outfits and such hahaha.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:06 pm

I was hoping they fit! Some of the outfits are great. Professor Hebs wants that owl with glasses shirt in a bad way.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by NoMorePanicDreams Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:55 pm

Yeah they fit really nice I want the want with the game controler belt so bad for Prim.
NoMorePanicDreams
NoMorePanicDreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:16 pm

I have a couple of them, they're £25 each though which is a little excessive I feel. I'm waiting for the other two deluxe ones to go on sale to pick them up, and hopefully the "budgets" which Smyths should be getting in in sep will go on sale too so I can steal some outfits hah. I think their shoes might fit Sindy but i'll have to double check that. more shoes for big footed girls is useful (alas, don't fit Makies. I already tested that hahaha)
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:06 am

Thank you for collecting all the info here Purple_Monkfish - I've been trying to pick up some more clothes for Tara (*coughs* and perhaps pre-emptively for a later Makie) and been struggling to find things that work. Just ordered a mix of Bratz Boyz clothes from ebay, so will post some pictures in those when they arrive.

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by xxamis Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:31 am

What clothes can Makies wear? - Page 2 11988297_957323330995461_1661792442929274472_n

What clothes can Makies wear? - Page 2 12004131_957323397662121_2830469004674639400_n

Here's pictures of my Makie wearing the outfit of a Project MC2 doll. Their legs are longer so my Makie has her leggings bunched up, but the shirt fit perfectly fine if not roomy. She has this little bandeau underneath though that I can't pull as tight as on the original doll. It's closed with velcro and the grappy side only grabs about half of the soft side if you know what I mean Razz

What clothes can Makies wear? - Page 2 Project-Mc2-Doll-with-Experiment--pTRU1-20413307dt

And be advised!! I'm not used to unboxing dolls because I didn't play with Barbie, etc. so I had no idea that the MC2 doll was basically sewn into the box. Ended up ripping a whole in her leggings by moving too fast.
xxamis
xxamis

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:54 am

Ooh this is exciting to hear. I'd love some general casual clothes that aren't always... pink and/or a dress. I bought a bundle of old clothes from ebay a while back to see if I could get anything out of it - I did get a few decent pieces, but mostly it's plain and pink and with some variation of "babe" or "chick" written on it, no thanks.

And I have been wanting to pick up one of these dolls after all...
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:36 pm

I've always hated that the big companies sew the dolls into their boxes, after working a retail job I understand why they do it though. I keep a seam ripper and a small pair of scissors at the ready when I unbox any doll now.

It's good to know that the MC2 dolls can donate their outfits to Makies. I've looked at the solo outfits for Barbie in the store and every single one of them had some pink on it somewhere. I probably won't be buying one at full price just to strip her for her clothing but if they go on sale I'll be tempted.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by xxamis Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:04 am

I'm terrible at estimating proportions on bjd dolls unless they have some sort of size reference next to them x( Can anyone tell me if this suit would fit a Makies doll?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Last-One-Iridescent-Bodysuit-EID-Soom-Super-Gem-Spiritdoll-Feeple-Dollfie-BJD-/371419856017?hash=item567a593c91
xxamis
xxamis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next