The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first ... been wanting one FOREVER (She arrived! Updated pics!)

+2
ForestGreen
SydneyGrey
6 posters

Go down

My first ... been wanting one FOREVER  (She arrived! Updated pics!) Empty My first ... been wanting one FOREVER (She arrived! Updated pics!)

Post by SydneyGrey Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:33 am

Yes, forever.  Apparently before they even existed as a company.  LOL.  I'm pretty sure I came out of my mother's womb as a newborn wanting a Makie.  rabbit

LOL.  OK, really I've only wanted one since they changed the head mold to this adorable "cutie" sculpt.  Before that I wasn't interested.  Then the cutie head debuted, and I was smitten.

Just ordered a medium-skintone girl with small elf ears and black eyes.  Yes, I got the parrot shirt.  pirat  

I'm in the United States, so I'm not sure how long it'll take to get to me.  Can't wait! I also ordered two extra wigs in white and black, and the eyeglasses set.  I was SO TEMPTED to go ahead and order two dolls at once, but I sure didn't need the double expense right before Christmas.  I bought myself a nice Christmas present, though!  Right now her name is Winsome, but that may change.  Hey, my birthday is in February if I decide I *need* a friend for her.

My first ... been wanting one FOREVER  (She arrived! Updated pics!) 22876023974_9dd8a53043_z

My first ... been wanting one FOREVER  (She arrived! Updated pics!) 23208331030_eef187241b_z

Last edited by SydneyGrey on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

http://dollypanic.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

My first ... been wanting one FOREVER  (She arrived! Updated pics!) Empty Re: My first ... been wanting one FOREVER (She arrived! Updated pics!)

Post by ForestGreen Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:47 pm

She looks good. Waiting for them, especially for your first, is excruciatingly hard to do. I can't remember how many times I refreshed the tracking number, first on the Makies site and then with FedEx. My husband even got into the act after FedEx picked up the package from the Lab and would refresh randomly and tell me where my package was.

The time they specify for delivery in the email the lab sends has been very accurate for me so far and I live in Washington. With the Christmas rush on, and with some of the problems they've been having on the website it may take longer than they estimate though.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

My first ... been wanting one FOREVER  (She arrived! Updated pics!) Empty Re: My first ... been wanting one FOREVER (She arrived! Updated pics!)

Post by SydneyGrey Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Yeah, I don't expect to get her anytime soon, with the Christmas rush.  I'm sure they're flooded with orders right now, plus mail delivery is slower this time of year. 

I've waited six months to get a doll before, so a 3-week wait is nothing for me.  It'll build the anticipation, right?   santa rendeer

I have NO IDEA what size shoes to get her, though, and I've been trying to find out.  I read the thread on this forum about shoes, but it was surprisingly unhelpful for the most part.  Someone said Blythe boots fit, but I'm not sure if that means ALL Blythe shoes, or just the boots.  Also, do Hujoo shoes fit?  Which would be more likely to fit, Hujoo or Blythe shoes?

I can make her clothes when she gets here, but I can't make shoes.  silent
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:21 pm

I'm actually still fairly lost when it comes to foot size and what shoes fit. So far I've just bought Makie shoes from the Lab although since mine are all 3DP dolls some of the shoes on the website won't fit any more so I'll have to start getting creative.

I know that Ken shoes fit because I've tried them on. I've got a pair of ankle boots for Ken that weren't going to go on the Makie feet at all. Bratz shoes fit the ankle joints on mine although the shoes themselves look too big and a bit clownish in my opinion. I think that with the new body all of the Makies now have flat feet so keep that in mind when shoe shopping.

I've made a list of things to try but I'm pretty sure everything came from this board. It sounds like you might know more about other dolls and their footwear than I do. You might want to join the Facebook group if you use FB. https://www.facebook.com/groups/OfficialMakiesFanGroup/  If you're rejected at first just message the moderator to let her know that you are a real person.

Shoes that might fit Makies:
male Monster High
Bratz (fit the leg peg)
Marley Wentworth (flats)
Moxie Teenz (fit the high heel foot only)
Ken

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:23 pm

I should add that there are very knowledgeable people both here and in the FB group, I'm just not one of them. :-)

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:42 pm

Yeah Ken shoes fit. Wee 3 friends shoes also fit, so do What's Her Face and 4-ever best friends (though these last three are all discontinued lines so probably not so easy to track down)

Moxie Teen shoes only fit heeled feet and even then, not great. Opened toed styles look bizarre but close toed hides any problems. My Vicky has heeled feet in Moxie Teen shoes.

Shoes are a pain I find. I have a few pairs of random ones that fit but have no idea what they are. They are some 3rd party bjd shoe so it's not very helpful and the fit seems to be rather hit and miss even within the same "scale" or "size" of bjd. Frustrating.
While finding boyish shoes isn't too difficult thanks to Ken, finding cute girly shoes is something I struggle with. Most of mine just wear Makie lab shoes but options are nice.

Makie feet are about 3.5cm long, so you're looking for shoes with an internal measurement of around that. Sadly not all sellers have this measurement on listings arghhh.

At the moment i'm sticking with what's her face/wee 3 friends and 4-ever best friends for my "girly" shoes. I've got a couple of pairs of really cute boots, some sneakers and two pairs of buckle type shoe... things so far. I suspect these lines are easier to find on the secondhand market in the US, they were more widely sold over there.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SydneyGrey Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:38 pm

Didn't know about the Makies fan group on Facebook.  Thanks so much for telling me about it.  I'm afraid the link didn't work for me. I tried to do a manual search for it, and it's claiming the group doesn't exist.  Ack!  I'll keep trying.
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SydneyGrey Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:23 am

Yay!  That link worked just fine.  Thanks so much!  I can't imagine why it didn't work before.  I'll go join that Facebook group now.  cheers
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:57 am

Smile Many of the sellers on eBay who sell BJD shoes will be happy to tell you whether or not their shoes will fit, they want you to be a happy customer and leave positive feedback. That's the best way of making sure that you are getting shoes that fit.

All you have to do, is send them your Makies foot measurements. You will need the length, and the width at the widest part, preferably in centimeters rather than inches. Most of the sellers are out of China, etc. so it's easier for them to work in centimeters, and they are more apt to give you an answer quicker.

Also, some sellers will give you the shoe measurements right in the listing, again usually in centimeters. So that's another good reason to know or have your Makie's foot measurements handy. ^_^
Although, if they don't specify, you may want to ask if the measurements listed are for the inner, or outer shoe size.

As for Hujoo, look for the specific names, like Hujoo Wings, etc. and watch out that it doesn't say Hujoo baby, as those shoes are too tiny.
The listings will usually list several dolls that the shoes will fit. One name to look for also is Taeyang.

Again, if you're not sure about any pair of shoes listed, just send the foot measurements to the seller and ask. Wink

You can also check out 1:6 scale shoes on eBay, however most of the ones you'll find will be more men's and military type shoes, and the few women's type shoes that you do find probably will be too small. If your girl is a bit goth or punk, they do have some awesome boots with the Union Jack on them. Very Happy

They have some 1:6 Crocs in various colors that will work too.

Also, feel free to post on here anytime and ask. ^_^
For example, maybe you see some cute doll shoes in a store and you're wondering if they might work.
There is a good chance that someone here has probably already tried them, and will be able to let you know. Smile

A quick pic of the shoes, maybe with your hand next to them for scale, is always helpful to add too.

JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by SydneyGrey Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:35 pm

Thank you so much, everybody.
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post by SydneyGrey Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:00 pm

First pics!  Right out of the box.  She has the medium/caramel skintone.  I don't love her eyes.  They look a little too alien.  I'm already planning on exchanging her eyes with another color, or at least giving her side-glancing eyes.

She's darker than I thought she'd be.  I love her lips!  I definitely want to customize her a bit.  I think if I order a second one, I'll ask for them to not paint the face next time so I can do it myself.

I do like her facial expression.  She has a lot of personality.

My first ... been wanting one FOREVER  (She arrived! Updated pics!) 23539219450_cae8595a51_z

My first ... been wanting one FOREVER  (She arrived! Updated pics!) 23808817596_153a66f7f4
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:19 am

She's lovely! I love you

Lol, as much as I love those eyes, I find it takes just the right Makie to be able to wear them without looking a little too alien. Wink

Either that, or maybe after so many Makies, they've just begun to grow on me. Very Happy

JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by SydneyGrey Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:24 am

I think part of the problem with the eyes is that I gave her almond-shaped eyes, which makes them look more alien.  If I'd given her wider eyes, perhaps it wouldn't have that effect.
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:12 am

Some of the Makie shoes will simply slip on her existing feet, and some of the shoes will snap on in place of her feet.

Exactly which shoes did she come with, were they the black flats like the ones in her virtual pic? Can you post a quick pic of her foot with the shoe?

None of the Makie shoes are actually molded as part of the foot, and I don't think the Lab would send you a pair of the snap-on shoes in place of her actual snap-on bare feet. At least not without including her snap-on bare feet as well.

If she came with the black flats like she has on in her virtual pic, then those should definitely be able to be removed.

Try taking her feet off first, and then try to lever the foot out of the shoe. It may take a little more muscle and a bit of working, but they should come off.

If her foot is a bit too slippery to get a good grip, try using a piece of one of those fat rubber bands, or even a skinny one and wrap it around the exposed part of her foot to give you something to grip. One of those thin floppy rubber jar opener thingies will probably work too.

I think they re-did the flats to fit tighter now, because supposedly the IM feet are slightly smaller or thinner.

Most of the flat type shoes made for the 3DP feet, were just the tiniest bit loose, I think that was so that you could remove them easily without cracking or breaking either the foot joint or the shoe.

3DP plastic doesn't have the give to it that IM plastic has. It's more rigid and less flexible.

Every pair of the old flats that I own, has at least one shoe that won't stay on without help, because they were purposely made just a teeny bit loose. Very Happy

So I just use a teeny bit of blue tack inside of the heel part of the shoe to keep them on the feet. Wink

Now that the feet are injection molded, and therefore have a bit more give, I suspect they've made the shoes fit tighter to better stay on. After all, They don't want to have kids and parents frustrated by shoes that Keep falling off the Makie's feet. Wink

I hope this helps. I love you
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:12 pm

She has such a pretty face. The eyes don't bother me, but I think it is because the black ones have grown on me over time too.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by SydneyGrey Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:42 pm

JRyu wrote:Some of the Makie shoes will simply slip on her existing feet, and some of the shoes will snap on in place of her feet.  

Exactly which shoes did she come with, were they the black flats like the ones in her virtual pic?   Can you post a quick pic of her foot with the shoe?

None of the Makie shoes are actually molded as part of the foot, and I don't think the Lab would send you a pair of the snap-on shoes in place of her actual snap-on bare feet.   At least not without including her snap-on bare feet as well.
LOL.  I deleted my sentence about her having molded shoes on her feet before the page refreshed and you wrote this.  Sorry!  I was being a derp. alien  I at first thought she had shoes molded as part of her foot because when I tried to take off her shoes, the whole foot came off.  Then it happened with the other foot as well.  I tried to gently pry off the shoes, and they didn't come off.  I then stupidly assumed the shoes were molded on.  (I was REALLY tired, guys!  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)  jocolor Turns out the shoes were just really tight, and actually DID come off.  So, I was being an idiot.  clown
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post by SydneyGrey Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:44 pm

By the way, I just ordered some green 18mm eyes from ebay.  I'm going to try them on her to see if I like them any better.  I have some 16mm eyes here already, but I didn't quite like the way they looked on her, and her originals seem to be 18mms.
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post by DocC Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:17 pm

Bet green eyes will look beautiful with her skin tone. I have ordered the black eyes for my Korean girl with caramel skin. If I don't like them, I will be watching to see how your green ones look.
DocC
DocC

Back to top Go down

Post by SydneyGrey Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:33 pm

These are the green eyes I ordered: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170920989797?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have no idea how they'll look.  Laughing
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post by SydneyGrey Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:01 pm

I repositioned her eyes a little bit and put her white wig on.  I like her new look a little better. 

My first ... been wanting one FOREVER  (She arrived! Updated pics!) 23873168305_90c1abbb97_z

My first ... been wanting one FOREVER  (She arrived! Updated pics!) 23577436360_5a5f6fa9e4
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:17 pm

she's so beautiful
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DocC Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:17 am

Beautiful!flower
DocC
DocC

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:19 pm

The lavender wig was cute but the white wig really makes her shine in my opinion. She's adorable.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down