The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures

+9
nattherat
DollYay
Purple_Monkfish
jupiternames
MissRead
JRyu
Bicefalonia
Vaergo
Artful Owl
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures Empty Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures

Post by Artful Owl Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:18 pm

Updated 2-23-2016 -  Here is a new and current photo compilation of my Makies evolution so far: 

Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures Makies12
Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures Makies11
The ... is just a place holder until I take some new photos. Thanks for looking' Very Happy

Last edited by Artful Owl on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:25 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated)

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures Empty Re: Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures

Post by Vaergo Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:19 pm

Precious! Love the compilation! Penny is turning out really cute!
Vaergo
Vaergo

http://Www.vencka.nl

Back to top Go down

Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures Empty Re: Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures

Post by Artful Owl Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Thanks Vaergo. Another piece of her outfit came in the mail today, and I was doing a little dance of joy.  bounce

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaergo Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:39 pm

I understand those dances! Everytime something arrives I feel like a little boy on Christmas morning! I know I bought it myself, but still.... what a feeling!
Vaergo
Vaergo

http://Www.vencka.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicefalonia Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:13 pm

your mini me is super cool!!! I love her! =B
Bicefalonia
Bicefalonia

http://bicefalonia.bigcartel.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:51 am

Thanks Bicefalonia. She is a little grouchy, but I love her.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:51 pm

You have a lovely Makie family, Artful Owl! Smile
I think Professor Hebs and Postman Will make an adorable Makie couple! ^_^
I really love that picture of Postman Will in his official mail carrier's uniform, he just looks so happy delivering that stack of mail. Very Happy

Penny is coming along nicely, she looks like the perfect protector for a MLP herd!
Lol, I especially like her slightly spacey," blonde" look that she has in the last picture. ^_~
When her look is complete, you should take a picture of her with all the ponies!
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:22 pm

They are all wonderful, love how you have shown them in their various guises.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:02 am

Two new girls came today. I'll post pictures shortly!

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:09 am

Oh! Can't wait!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:50 am

The first to arrive today via USPS was my adopted coco girl. In her other home/life she was PomPom and then Tiger(-lilly). I don't have a name for her yet, but we are working on it. Now that she is here and I have a better feel for her, she will be needing me to maker her some clothes. I found some things in my stash that she will wear for now, but her requests for the future include leather, feathers, and something woven and earthy. Demanding little Makies
Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures Img_5910
Everyone just took her in, and she struck a pose.
Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures Img_5810

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:57 am

She's great! What a cute, unique little face. What sort of clothes does she want?
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:59 am

Sour showed up via DHL about an hour later. Her tube was mangled, indications of a struggle or an upset Makie? She was in one piece though. Straight out of the tube she was super angry. Her poor wig was glued on crooked, and she was not thrilled about her pink lipstick.
Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures Img_5911
We quickly removed the offending wig and faceup. Frankly, I was afraid not to. She agreed to wear this dress, but also had some specific clothing requests. I guess I'll be busy.
Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures Img_5912
I'm going to keep her white for now, but I think she would look super as a green froggy queen........bwahaha

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:02 am

clothes for my no name girl...a little punk and a little nature... maybe modern patterns in natural materials. I have to see what I have in my fabric stash that might work.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:25 am

Oo, it sounds like it's going to be fun! I highly recommend Alova Suede type fabric if you want doll scale suede-ish fabric. I used to make dolls out of it and was skeptical of it at first, but have totally fallen in love with the stuff. It doesn't fray at all.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:37 am

Actually, I've got some tan Alova with a gold foil snakeskin overlay. I'd be happy to share some. But maybe it's not her style. :/
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:43 am

Thanks for the recommendation on fabric. The less edge finishing needed the better. My machine enjoys chewing small hems.

She seems to like gold, so maybe?

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:22 am

This is the stuff. I'm currently making Terry some pants out of it. It's not as nice to work with as quilter's cotton, but I'd take it over leather or other faux suede any day.

Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures <a href=Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures 17183007031_197a4a6288
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:26 am

They look great!  Better get them some new clothes quick though  Wink

Love the suede type pants Jupiter.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Your little Coco girl looks like a real sweetie. ^_^
Can't wait to hear what her name turns out to be, and to see her in her new woven, punky-earthy look. Very Happy

Sour is utterly delightful! In the first picture especially, she looks quite annoyed and disgruntled,.... Very much like someone who'd been battered about in a tube! ^_~
Her attitude reminds me an awful lot of my Lue's when he first arrived, and I finally got him unpacked from his box.

Even though his box looked none the worse for having traveled through the mail, Lue was in a fine state. His eyes, which are normally a lovely rich warm amber, were absolutely a glowing neon yellow! Which I've since discovered only happens when he's mad and/or upset.

The energy coming off of Lue was intense, and felt sort of like a spring that's been wound too tight. He rather reminded me of a cat when you finally figure out where they are and let them out, after you've accidently shut them up in a cupboard or closet for a bit.

Lue's whole attitude was snarky and flippant, which I've come to learn is how he acts when he is annoyed, or if he is extremely uncomfortable, unsure, and/or afraid. ^_^

Now, in that second picture Sour just looks madder than a wet hen about having to wear that dress! Very Happy When you do get her clothing requests made, I think you'd better hide that lovely dress away someplace safe for a bit! Someplace where Sour won't be able to find it! Lol! ^_~
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:21 pm

P.S.
I'm excited to see Sour after you are all finished with her new "Makie-over". ^_~

I don't know about a froggy queen, but I think she'd make an adorably fetching little demon! <(^_^)>
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:00 pm

omg Sour looks SO angry, she's gonna shiv someone lol.
formally tigerlilly has a really unusual face, she's gonna look great when you're done with her i'm sure.

I like Sour's pinkish red wig, it suits her.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:10 pm

They all seem happy to see your adopted one, but how did the react to Sour? Love her face by the way! 

Oh and I almost forgot! I love Penny's outfit!
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:18 pm

jupi - She might like a skirt or a cool belt out of that fabric. Maybe we could do a fabric scrap trade. Are you looking for anything in particular?

Coco girl does have an unusual face. The possibility for diversity is one of the things I love about Makies. I don't think I'm going to touch her faceup at the moment. Anne made her nice and natural looking, and I think it suits her. Plus it is nice to have a feceup in a different style than my own. Here is a picture (by Anne, taken from Instagram) of her in her former life. Yes, I love makies so much I semi-stalk them on photo sharing apps, and I have had a thing for this makie since I saw her. Smile I'm going to put my own spin on her, but there is something there I don't want to lose.
Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures Unname13

Jryu - A spring wound to tightly is an excellent illustration. Sour doesn't like transition. She has since changed into a rainbow sweater and shorts. She says she is wearing it ironically, but I half think she genuinely likes it and is to hipster to admit it.

DollYay - Sour's introduction was a little bumpy. Basically, everyone but penny ran away. Penny just put up her peace sign and talked at Sour in her rambling Luna Lovegood voice. Sour did not approve. 
Artful Owl's Makies - Updated first post with new pictures Img_5913

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm

In that last photo, Sour looks like she is saying 'geez, I wish she would just stop talking!'  Crying or Very sad
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next