The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally took the plunge -- ordered first makie

4 posters

Go down

Finally took the plunge -- ordered first makie Empty Finally took the plunge -- ordered first makie

Post by pvlaughingmoon Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:53 am

OK, so I finally did it … ordered my first Makie. Her name is Thorn and she defo owes her existence to all of you here on the non-official Makie forum, especially flying purple monkfish whose very honest review of the new IM body convinced me that an IM Makie is better than no Makie at all.

So now I just have to wait. Oh, and clean the workroom so I can get to the sewing machine. That should take at least a week -- right? Then maybe I can try to make some new clothes for my girl, if she's anything like other small people in my life she's gonna want wardrobe options.

Thanks to everyone and glad to be part of a new (to me) group.Very Happy

pvlaughingmoon

https://pamelavelner.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Finally took the plunge -- ordered first makie Empty Re: Finally took the plunge -- ordered first makie

Post by pvlaughingmoon Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:57 pm

how long does it usually take to get the "gone to print" email??

I'm starting to get edgy -- it did Not take a week to clean the workroom -- I can get to the sewing machine And the fabric. Guess I need to come up with another way to distract myself.

pvlaughingmoon

Back to top Go down

Finally took the plunge -- ordered first makie Empty Re: Finally took the plunge -- ordered first makie

Post by ozma06 Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:25 pm

It was three days after I ordered her before I got the email for Sam. Very Happy Hope that helps!
ozma06
ozma06

Back to top Go down

Post by pvlaughingmoon Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:39 pm

Thanks!   I got the 'gone to print' email last night. Can hardly wait for her to get here.

pvlaughingmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by pvlaughingmoon Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:24 pm

She's here and she's gorgeous!

OK so here's the scoop on the cool caramel body color match -- it's not fantastic but it will do. I think part of the problem is that the nylon has a depth to the color; sort of a radiance from inside due to the white inside the dyed skin whereas the body is flat color (shiny but flat). I will post photos on my blog soon. I'm waiting for some sunshine so I can take them in natural light for accurate color. Look for us in the Introductions section.

pvlaughingmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:34 am

I agree, my cocoa arrived yesterday and the match isn't actually that bad irl. The flash of a camera seems to make the nylon part lighten up while the denser plastic remains dark and shiny. But to the eye it's not perfect but it's close enough to not be too bothersome. That said, my new boy is a LOT darker than any of my other Cocoas, like.. way darker. Gabe's a beautiful reddish tone, Fizz and Juniper have a more yellow hue to their skin and new boy is a kinda... desaturated dark brown. It's interesting.
But def lightens the nylon parts when you take a photo, which I think is causing the huge colour mismatch in pictures.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:02 pm

purple_monkfish, that's good news to hear. ^_^

I was thinking if the difference was too bad, I might have to experiment with doing an all over wash using liquid acrylics or watercolors to get the head to more closely match the body, but it sounds like what I need to do is find a way to dull down the shine of the IM plastic instead.
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down