The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feburary orders

+5
Vaergo
JRyu
iwanttobelieve1
emily_corene
DollYay
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Feburary orders - Page 2 Empty Re: Feburary orders

Post by MissRead Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:38 pm

Fabulous news!   Hopefully by the weekend?   Sounds like you are ready and waiting for sure.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Ooo I hope she gets here friday, but that'll only happen if she dispatches tomorrow. If she ships out friday I won't see her till monday. Booo hissss.

I checked the others patterns:

first three were "parts received dec 1st" and then "in package dec 2nd" they arrived on the 3rd.
Lirel's is odd due to the issue with the print queue. She was "parts received jan 15th" and "in package jan 15th" lol. 
Zhi's is "parts received jan 14th" and "in package jan 16th". He went walkabout. Bah. 

So fingers crossed she gets herself together today and is nice and snug in her tube by tomorrow. grrrr grrrr.

I'm so impatient hahaha. I have new Monster High dolls to open and honestly? they just aren't giving me as much excitement. I'm kinda just "yeah yeah, i'll open em eventually."

the 23rd (monday) would be a full 2 weeks though, so probably more likely. But ooo I would love if she got here early.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:04 pm

I only received two emails with Wren - one to say she was sent to the printers and the second to say she was on her way!  She was sent on the Tueday and arrived the following day.

But boy that way inbetween time was agony!
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:24 pm

Oh! I know the wait is the worst! Sci managed to hop on the Friday truck and got to me Monday, which was exactly 2 weeks from when she went to the printers, so I'm gonna trust the 2 week policy if I order another..... Hope all of your's get to you soon!Very Happy
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:35 pm

Yeah the two week thing is pretty accurate.

Gabe, Nate and Jian took exactly 14 days to arrive.
Lirel took 15 days.
Zhi took 16 and that was only because DHL don't deliver on Saturdays (booo)

I opened my Ikea doll furniture set lol. The Makies fit it great, it's too small for Barbie and MH dolls look a bit odd because of their long legs. But Makies seem just the right scale, they look comfortable.
Sadly I can't find my bag O accessories or i'd give them all coffee mugs hahaha.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:43 pm

Purple_Monkfish wrote: Yeah the two week thing is pretty accurate.

Lirel took 15 days.

I opened my Ikea doll furniture set lol. The Makies fit it great, it's too small for Barbie and MH dolls look a bit odd because of their long legs. But Makies seem just the right scale, they look comfortable.
Sadly I can't find my bag O accessories or i'd give them all coffee mugs hahaha.
I bet it would look odd with MH Barbie... Hehe! I almost bought it last summer before I ordered Sci, but realized that maybe the couch is kinda low to the ground... Smile  So I held off 'till now and it's supposed to come this week! Yay! New furniture for Sci's house! Smile
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by iwanttobelieve1 Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:57 pm

I'm so excited about my scully. I get a little nervous waiting. What if something has happened?

iwanttobelieve1

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:19 pm

Purple_Monkfish wrote:Yeah the two week thing is pretty accurate.

Lirel took 15 days.

Can you order this online, or do you have to go and collect it?  Which furniture sets are best for the Makies?
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:54 pm

Well I have some Sindy scale furniture (Barbie scale) and the Makies look fine in that, just the chairs are a little high so their feet don't touch the ground lol.
Bratz stuff should be great though (I have a bratz cafe actually, i'll have to dig that out and see) because Makies are closest in size to a Bratz doll (being about 10 inches tall)

I have a bratz drumkit too... oooo yess.... I can see some fun photoshoots in my future hahah. I wonder where that is.. hmm.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:25 pm

I bought the ikea one online from the ikea site. You find the set, search huset, then click buy online! Smile I presume that the MH die-ner would be a good fit, though the Makie feet might not reach the ground... Hmmm might have to check it out... Also etsy is full of great furniture, I searched 1/6 scale furniture and you get a lot of cool stuff!Smile Now to keep looking for more furniture!
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:31 pm

Also candle holders that look like chairs are often a good fit like This one from amazon is probably ok or Any of these cell phone chairs are probably good, but one of my favorite methods of finding furniture, is..... Yard sales! Cheap stuff, sometimes vintage, always good.Smile

Last edited by DollYay on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo!!)
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:14 pm

DollYay wrote:I bought the ikea one online from the ikea site. You find the set, search huset, then click buy online! Smile I presume that the MH die-ner would be a good fit, though the Makie feet might not reach the ground... Hmmm might have to check it out... Also etsy is full of great furniture, I searched 1/6 scale furniture and you get a lot of cool stuff!Smile Now to keep looking for more furniture!

Great!  I wasn't sure if you could or not as I know you can buy online from Ikea but they didn't used to deliver - you had to organise a separate delivery service for that which is what has often put us off.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaergo Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:41 pm

DollYay wrote:Also candle holders that look like chairs are often a good fit like This one from amazon is probably ok or Any of these cell phone chairs are probably good, but one of my favorite methods of finding furniture, is..... Yard sales! Cheap stuff, sometimes vintage, always good.Smile
Yes, these are good! I have two. The Makies sit well in it if they hang low in it. The seat is a bit long, their feet won't touch the floor. But I still think they are great. And if all fails, I build my own. Did some simple chairs, one for Iwanttobelieve1 and one for Faelan's roombox I'm building.
Vaergo
Vaergo

http://Www.vencka.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:03 pm

I have a couple of die-ner sets, i'll find the sofas and let you guys know.
In fact, i'll do a dig when the kids go to bed and find all my different doll playsets, see what looks best with the Makies.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:51 pm

I didn't take pics, but I did learn something. Monster High chairs are mostly too narrow and too high for Makies to look very comfortable.
I tried to sit Gabe down on the Die-ner booth chair and it's not really got much seat, he looked pretty worried. lol.

I'll have to try to find the Bratz stuff.

I do know they can sit in Sindy seats (and Barbie) but they're too tall so the Makie feet dangle. It's kinda funny, like a child sitting in a grownup chair.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm

Alas, Fizz didn't ship out today. So Monday probably she'll show up. Bummer.
These two week waits are sooo awful hahah. I have no patience at all.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:13 pm

I found this vintage Sindy chair on Etsy or ebay which works pretty good. Smile

The reason I bought it for the boys was because even though it's vintage, it looks exactly like one of those modern chairs that are designed for people to use when playing video games or watching tv.
Very Happy

Lol, I cracked up when it arrived and I opened the package.... I was so not expecting it to be made out of soft vinyl like a great big squeaky toy! Laughing

This is the first piece of doll furniture I've ever found that was made out of this material.   Was this commonly used for early Sindy furniture, or is this piece a rare exception?

Lol, my first thought was, "Awww, they made Sindy a soft chair, someone must have wanted her to be comfortable." Laughing

Feburary orders - Page 2 Image28

Feburary orders - Page 2 Image29

Last edited by JRyu on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:19 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Attempting to correct photo orientation)
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:39 pm

You are right it does look a bit like one of those 'modern' games chairs but how funny what it is made out of.  Still got to have comfort!
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:16 pm

Yes, and you would never know from the pictures that it was soft vinyl. I'd looked at several different listings too, while I was mulling over whether to purchase one or not.

In all the pictures the chair looked like that same hard plastic that most Barbie and other doll furniture is made from, not that really brittle 50's type hard plastic, but the more modern stuff.

I have to say that I actually kind of like it, I think this type of material would work really well for certain pieces of furniture, like an overstuffed chair or a couch.

Not to mention that it would certainly hurt a lot less if a child were to fall or step on it. Smile
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:50 pm

yeah a lot of the sindy stuff was squishy hahaha. There are leather effect sofas that I believe are squishy too. It's hilarious.

Sindy furniture was actually really good, usually very very detailed and realistic. Barbie stuff of the time was too, before 80s pinkification seeped in and ruined everything. Eugh.

There is an adorable Sindy mini that I WANT soooo bad. But I know my boys would steal it hahaha. They steal ALL my doll accessories.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Fizz shipped! Well, she WILL ship this evening once the truck shows up to pick up today's parcels.
that means she'll be here Monday. Argh. I hate how DHL don't deliver on weekends, the extra few days is torture.

I'm having a rough day so at least there was that silver lining.

I also found some What's Her Face shoes while doing a tidy. They fit the Makies (they're a little too big actually but should fit with socks or whatever) and one of the pairs of boots are just awesome. I shall have to get images. Most of the shoes are like girly platforms with bows on or simple wellington boots but these ones look very cyberpunk. They're also red so omg gender neutral! yes.

Zhi is standing on my desk and casually corrected me, pointing out that boys can totally wear pink and bows and I should stop playing into this social construct of gender division.
Why thank you Zhi.
He also thinks I should shush and buy him a new hoodie because the one he's wearing is way too short.
*snort*
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:06 pm

Awesome, I like the way Zhi thinks;) I hope things start going well. I'm not having the best day either. Maybe I should order a Makie?
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:42 pm

Hang in there p_m, maybe the weekend will just fly by and Monday will be here before you know it! Smile

Ryuu totally agrees with Zhi, he says when he becomes a world famous Makie fashion designer, he's going to turn the fashion world upside down, and blow this whole business of gender stereotyping away! Very Happy

Lol, you should see him rock a pair of leggings and a hoodie! ^_~
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:47 pm

Hahah Ryuu and Zhi sound like they'd get along great. They're both into fashion for a start. I really should find my little doll sewing machine for Zhi, I know he'd love it.

I'm gonna go curl up in a ball on the sofa now. Migraine very bad and i'm feeling pretty disgusting.

Yes buy a makie! buy five makies!
(you have no idea how much restraint I needed to employ when they showed the new made for you Makies. A couple of them I can totally see how i'd make them gorgeous and perfect. Erp.)
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:32 pm

Those new -made for you- Makies are on my mind as well. That coco girl with curly wig is calling to me, but I have promised myself no more Makies until I have my current gang fully outfitted (taking forever). Hopefully someone here will nab her so I at least get to see pics. hope you feel better soon p_m

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next