The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic Makies on Ebay

+8
jupiternames
CobolBlue
DollYay
MissRead
cello_ace
JRyu
nattherat
Artful Owl
12 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Classic Makies on Ebay - Page 3 Empty Re: Classic Makies on Ebay

Post by jupiternames Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:04 am

P_M, that's really interesting about Noah! While I imagine that the current eBay classics are likely worse than Noah given his pristine state, I haven't had a problem with Allie! She's not alpha, so maybe that's part of it. She's got a V1 body and it's very wobbly. She doesn't stand well and her joints are extra bendy (beyond what the V2 joints do).

Similar to you not wanting to change Noah's clothes, I can't bear to put leggings on Allie. I've got two outfits for her--warm weather and cold weather--and they both are easy to put on her. I've just assumed that she isn't a pants kind of person. With all this talk of classic joints, I've been able to think more about Allie's character and why her joints are different than the other Makies' joints.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by kittyrose Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:26 am

:< well as someone who has only ever bought makies for other people it would be nice to finally own one, so I'm hoping to own hopper as I did want a cocoa makie, and I totally regret not ordering one for myself when they were all 3d, as I had heard the im ones were shiny I put off ordering and now well the site is closed for the forseeable future...and I always seem to miss the second hand bin too lol.

kittyrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:13 pm

the BINs are brutal man, dolls sell within minutes, it's nuts!

I expect if worst comes to worst you should be able to put IM limbs on a broken alpha body but they'll do that annoying pop off thing the hybrid boys do (the legs are really irritating)

Frankenmakie has a broken arm, it bends but if you aren't gentle it will come off the pin. But he is made of broken bits and pieces lol.

I think Hopper should be ok tbh, she's mint in her box isn't she? I wonder why she ended up in the bundle, unless that was a missed case of LEs.

I had a snoop around the facebook page (bwhaha) and there was mention that the decent classics (as in not broken) and LE ones are with someone for safe keeping. Now whether that means they'll be eventually sold on or if they're being kept in storage I don't know.

Also worth mentioning, the Makie US website is showing stock including premade Makies. You can't order them, they're all out of stock  but I wonder if those might be "test" makies accidently being made visible by the code. Like if they were showing investors and letting them play with the maker or whatever.
Hard to say though, but it's promising that something has changed there. I do hope they find their investor soon.

I still wonder why this ebay guy hasn't listed more stuff up. Perhaps he's waiting to see how much the current lot go for before deciding if it's worth it.
I dunno, I wish he'd hurry up though. The accessories are meant to be AOK and i'd really like a chance to see all of what he's got, particularly if he has some IM bodies like he claims he does. If they're cheap enough id' be useful to have spares but also it'd be useful to have some "test" bodies to experiment on regarding things like painting and colouring.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by cello_ace Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:14 pm

This is interesting about the bodies.I never knew this and my one classic is ok joint wise in fact the only Makie that's ever given me any joint concerns has been my IM one .
The seller might be doing it slowly using his free listings allowance Wink
I'd like Hopper too .He did send me clearer pics of the of head of the one in M top .The shoes I got today and fine too Very Happy
cello_ace
cello_ace

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:23 pm

Oo awesome, I wonder why he didn't add the clearer photo to the listing. Wiiierd.
And you might be right about the free listings actually. I know that's something I do all the time heh.

I wonder if he'd take nude pics, some people on facebook said they asked and he got snotty so hmmm. I'd rather like to see the arms and legs of the ones I have my eye on, just to assess whether I think they'll be "ok" or will need some serious surgery. Poor dolls.
Could make for useful hybrid fodder though lol.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:07 pm

Just a quick question p_m, how do you see the premade Makies on the site? I have tried with no success...
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:25 am

someone on Facebook said she did a search for Makie dolls, and a link came up for MYMAKIE.COM

When she followed the link it took her to these strange shop pages on the US version of the Makie's site.

It's all pretty weird, stuff has been moved around, and all the items are just listed in one big jumble rather than divided into separate categories. At the very bottom of the page, the old London address is now gone, and the Makies copyright has been changed to 2016.

Right in the midst of the shoes, wigs, and outfits are all these Makie dolls listed. They have different combinations of wigs and outfits on, and most have the Makie Creator type names, several of which are repeated. There are dolls in all three of the different Makie skin colors.

Some people were speculating that these were either dolls people had ordered right before Christmas, or various people's virtual Makies. However, if that were the case, I would think we would see a lot more variance in the different doll's face shapes and facial features. As far as I can tell, they all seem to have the default face shape and facial features that the Makies start out with in the Makie Creator.

Also, if they were the dolls that were ordered right before Christmas, then it stands to reason that at least one or more of the dolls would have been made by some of us here or in the Facebook group, and would be recognized by their owner(s). The same would hold true if they are people's designed virtual Makies.

The weirdness continues, because if you try to change from the US to the UK version you just get the "We're Moving" Website page, but if you then use your previous page arrow/key and back page, you'll get the shop page and it will say "United Kingdom", but with the US flag logo and USD prices. Back page once more, and it's back to the US version.

Also, When I followed the link the page opened up with my account info at the top, so I was able to access my account pages too. Out of curiosity, I tried and was able to put wigs, shoe sets, etc., in my shopping cart, basically anything that said it was "In Stock". I'm not sure what would happen if you tried to follow through and purchase what you put in your shopping cart, I didn't take my experimenting that far...

If you can access the Facebook Group, the person posted a link that you can use DollYay. It is towards the end of all the comments about the eBay auctions, and I think the person's name is Jasmine.

Last edited by JRyu on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:49 am

P.S. Thanks everyone for the tips and advice about that crazy connection hijacking ad/contest. ^_^

I really wish there was some way to regulate advertising on the internet so that they wouldn't be able to get away with stuff like that. Some way to report them like you can do with scam email you receive.

The advice about disabling JavaScript was especially helpful, CobolBlue. Thanks! Smile
It's a bit of a hassle turning it on and off every time, but nowhere near as annoying as that blasted ad/contest was. ^_~
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:09 am

Thanks JRyu, sorry to bug you with questions but may I have a link to the Facebook group? I can't seem to find it...
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:29 am

Dollyay, here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OfficialMakiesFanGroup/

You might want to send a message to Marti or Tammie so that they will know you're not a robot.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Thanks so much! Smile
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:21 pm

good plan

Last edited by Purple_Monkfish on Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:12 pm

NEW STUFF ADDED

Ok, two things

1: there's a rather nasty comment about getting harrassment and similar, not sure what's gone on there but i'm going to not get involved in whatever drama there is and focus on the dolls.

2: Hands off Ringer, I NEED that doll. Look at his nose! He's based on Ringo Starr so he has a giant hooter and my need for him is immense. I will trample over all of you to get that doll, trample!

3: also there's a pistachio girl and I have much desire for her too because she's quite clearly GREEN eeee.

4: some super super cute girls have been added including two cocoas who are super cute, someone has got to fall in love with them because if I wasn't so strict, i'd be lusting after them too haha. But i'm being good, only focusing my need on two dolls. So have at em guys! there's another half dozen listed up including another beatles one (george), some of the superheros and a few others I recognise from Makie Labs trade shows or pop up shops.
So oooo, exciting. Also several boys, in fact in general there's just a load of really really cute dolls. Remember though, probably a bit floppy, likely to be worn. Bid accordingly and good luck! I hope everyone gets the Makie they LOVE.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:15 pm

Good luck P_M! Very Happy I hope you manage to get the ones you want!
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:17 am

Yes, good luck on your bids p_m, I hope you get the two you are after! ^_^

Well, if I do manage to land one or two of these V-1classics, and their joints are a bit rickety, at least I've got two Becky wheelchairs that they can use to enjoy their golden years. Lol. ^_~

As for mr-integrate's rather disparaging jabs and snipes.... He might want to think twice, seeing as those very same people he is sniping at will undoubtedly also be his best customers, and most likely his only buyers for a lot of the Makie goods he is hoping to unload.

LOL, I seriously doubt he was in any way prepared for what probably seemed to him a deluge of questions. No doubt including, I'm sure, some very pointed ones. Plus, very possibly, several veiled accusations, and insinuating comments.

Heh, heh, heh..... Never underestimate the mighty force that is fandom!....of any kind. ;D Especially when they get all riled up and indignant about something! Very Happy

I wouldn't be surprised if he was wishing for a minute or two there, that he'd never ever heard of 'effing' Makies and never bid on that 'effing' clearance job lot. ^_~

I also have a feeling from some of what he has said or implied there in his new listings, that Alice, and whomever else was handling the clearing out and closing down of the London office, may have misunderstood what he meant by recycling.

Because the term "recycling" can also be used to refer to the act or practice of selling or passing something on to someone else to use, i.e. "Mom recycled my little brother's baby clothes by donating them to a group home for teenaged mothers."

It sounds like they may have thought he was buying the stuff to sell as scrap plastic, to be ground up, melted down, and re-used to make nice new plastic things. When what he actually meant by recycling, was that he was buying it intending to re-sell everything he thought was still sellable, and then scrap whatever was not.

I suspect this made for rather a grey area legally, and was probably why she wasn't able to force him to remove the doll listings.
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:56 am

After reading some of Sioux's comments on the final days And the clearing out of the London office, the thought occurred to me...

Wouldn't it have been great, if after Sioux was done picking out the stuff she wanted, they had listed all the remaining boxes of Makie stuff up for sale as the ultimate, special, limited time available, "Surprise Me" boxes for us to buy!

Just think of the great online 'Swap and Sell' we all could have had! ^_^

Man, that would have been a blast!
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:57 am

I think it's a real shame nobody at the office thought of us when they were clearing the office, because they really could have offloaded all the dolls etc on us no problem.
But it was probably easier and quicker to give what they could to a few people who were there and had a car, and hand the rest over to a clearance company who would take all the desks, computers and such as well.

I honestly wonder if the boxes these dolls were in were simply overlooked. All the dolls scattered about the office in photos look to be cuties so it's possible the classics were all stored away in a cupboard somewhere (Georgie mentioned she recalls putting them in a box) and when they cleared out people only thought to grab the dolls visible on desks, shelves etc and didn't think to look in a few dusty old boxes. I wonder if nobody even knew what was IN those boxes and didn't even think about it before just handing it over. Upon finding out it was dolls, there may have been a "oh poopy, what'd we do!??" moment, hence the flap about trying to get them back/stop the sales.

though i'm not totally sure WHY Alice wants to stop the sale given she must know those who buy them are most likely to be us lot and not the target market kids. Maybe she instead objected to the wording of the listings and the fact they weren't described as "used" which they definitely are.
Now, the seller has no idea what he's got and no clue what the dolls should look or feel like, as far as he's aware they're "how they should be" but it remains to be seen if they actually are. Looking at the photos, some do look to have very loose arms particularly (where the lower arm is moving away from the upper arm peg) but a few look to be absolutely fine and intact. It's really really hard to say, a lot of them were taken to trade shows (well all of them were, i've found pictures of the lot of them in various shows and such) and were handled. They'll be grubby and likely they were played with a bit. I mean there's pictures of children with them laying all haphazard on the table beside them. These are not mint brand new dolls despite the seller's claims, but if they stand up and kinda pose I doubt many of us will mind.

And that's the thing, what we the adults will accept in terms of flaws and what a brand new customer might accept are pretty different. We're a bit of a different market and I do think it's a real shame we weren't given "dibs" hahah. Man, how cool would a Makies pop up shop have been? (they did that once) but they didn't have the time to muck about by the sounds of it they had to get OUT of the office quick.

Now Sioux does have some stuff, accessories, wigs etc by the sounds but she's really busy for the time being. She probably won't get to them for a while yet. But she def has a fair bit of the "saleable condition" stuff, not sure if she has some dolls too, she might but we won't know till she's finished her work and had a chance to go through her cases of stuff.

I wonder if maybe this would be a good opportunity to set up some sort of Makie meet? A sort of small rummage sale lol. hmm, wonder if that's possible.

Anyway, seller on ebay said he was off to the lockup this morning and will list more stuff today/tonight. Looks like most of it's gonna be auction rather than BIN which is a shame but he might accept offers on stuff.

I'm hoping he'll accept a cheap offer on an IM body so i can get some arms lol. I NEED arms. Also some IM bits to experiment on would be really useful, see about recolouring the plastic (painting most likely) but also carving and all that kinda fun stuff. I had plans for a prosthetic leg and think the IM legs would probably handle being hacked more than the nylon which likes to crack and shatter if you're too rough.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:04 pm

I was personally a little surprised to see those jabs on the listings. I never would have imagined that things apparently escalated that far?
I suppose I only experience the forum side of things, and on here, I don't believe anybody was rude. Just deciding whether to stay out of it or not. But then again, I'm only really going by my personal reaction there: vaguely interested > find out there's debate > feels uncomfortable with debate > decides to quietly sit it out because I don't really need any of the stuff anyway.

I have no idea what happened in the FB group or with anybody involved. I guess it blew up quite a lot? Sad

I just kind of feel sorry that MakieLabs themselves couldn't keep a hold of these boxes and do it themselves! I'm still really eager to see them succeed in the US, and some cash would probably help with that.
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Yeah I don't really know because i've had contact with the seller and not had a problem with him, yet others claimed he got really aggressive toward them when they asked questions. So I don't know if i've just been really lucky or they came across hostile or... quite what is going on there.

I wasn't on the facebook group when all this started, I really only rejoined to keep an eye on the sales when people like Sioux posts up her stuff. I was gonna just lurk mostly, i'm not overly happy with a few of them for the drama and pettiness and general.. facebookiness lol.

Still, not sure what's really happened. Alice was apparently not happy about the sales and trying to put a stop to them but can't legally, that said, I think she probably could ask for them to change the wording to not make false claims about the lab "closing down" but i think it sounds like it got a bit heated there... unfortunate.

I mean, we really could have done all this much more pleasantly. Oh well.

There's two dolls I REALLY want and I already told people i'd beat them with a bat if they bid against me lol. Someone didn't get the "Jen will beat you" memo though, maybe not a member of the groups here or on facebook? GRrrrrrrr.

Much as i'd like to cut a deal with the seller to avoid the headache since the crazy bidding I expect he's keen to just let them run and get the most he can. I can't say I blame him, i'd be the same.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:07 pm

Yeah, I notice he's got a pair of eyes and a single red wig up for auction now.

I really hope these are just items that he only has singles or a couple of, and that any items he where he has multiples of the same item he will list as "buy it now".

If he gets it in his head that by listing all the eye sets, wigs, pairs of shoes, etc. one at a time, as auctions, they are going to net him a bunch more cash, he may be mistaken.

Sure, it might work in the beginning, for the first one or two auctions of the same style and color wig, with people bidding it up because they think it's probably their last chance to get that particular wig, but by the third or forth time he lists that same style and color most of us are going to catch on to what he's doing.

Not to mention people are going to be seriously irked if they end up paying some outrageous auction price, say like £60 for that red wig, because they thought it was the only one available and they just had to have it..... Only to subsequently discover that he actually had like ten of that particular wig to sell, and another eleven pairs of those blue eyes to sell as well.

Word wiould soon spread on here and on FB, and many of us Makie fans would probably stop bidding on his stuff, which could really hurt him especially when it comes to selling those items that are rather Makie specific like shoes, special hand sets, etc. He might start to find his auction listings ending with the item selling for 99p, or worse, ending with no bids at all...because he royally ticked off his Makie fan customers.
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:57 pm

I think it's multiples because he listed up some of those heeled boots (which Makie lab told me they didn't have any of when i asked! grr, clearly they did!) as BIN. Their price is actually really good, £7:99, pretty sure they were 10-15 originally.
They're a nightmare to get on the first time but they are SO cool looking.

He also listed a couple more dolls including the most adorable looking pistachio girl. I can't decide which green girl i like more argh.. So expect me to be bidding on both of them and hoping I can get one. Sad or Happy? A hard choice to make.

Thing is, if they were BIN i'd have already impulse bought like a dozen Makies hahaha. So um.. yeah. I gotta restrain myself.

Pistachio and big noses, yesss.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:26 pm

It's one thing to list the dolls as auctions, after all he only has like 20, I think he said. They are probably all individual, I'd be very surprised if he even had two of the same doll. Those I can understand listing as auctions.

I just don't want him to get the notion into his head that he will make even more money by listing, say each pair of brown cowboy boots one at a time as an auction. Because that is going to lead people to assume that the one pair he listed will be the only pair of brown cowboy boots he has, so everyone who was lamenting about not having purchased a pair or more pairs of those cowboy boots from the Lab, will start bidding on them.

They will be thinking I've got to win those boots, this might be my last chance to get a pair, so the boots may end up selling for double what they cost from the Lab.

Now, here is the person who won them, all happy because they think they got the only pair of the brown cowboy boots, when ""Poof!"" Up pops an auction for another pair of those brown cowboy boots!

Because mr-integrate actually has, say a dozen or more pairs of the brown cowboy boots in his possession.

After he lists say the fourth or fifth pair of brown cowboy boots for auction, the first three or four people who won a pair are going to be upset because they ended up paying way more than they should have for the boots, and who knows what other Makie items as well, because he also listed those items one at a time as auctions.

I really hope that any specific Makie goods, that he does have multiples of, he will continue to list as "buy it now" and for a reasonable price, just as he did with those first sets of shoes and accessories he listed.

That way everyone gets a chance to buy them at a reasonable price, and we don't end up with needless bidding wars going on for Makie wigs and accessories....while mr-integrate sits there watching, and just waiting with several more of the exact same wigs and accessories ready to list.!
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:57 pm

I don't think he'll be that ridiculous JRyu. Though he did say he'd look for bodies and didn't get back to me. He's really really slow to respond but I guess he's busy with other stuff. Ahh well.

So I had a little look through the bids because i'm nosy and also I kinda like to keep track of the madness of auctions, try to work out people's mentality.
There's 10 individuals bidding (including me. I come up as K***P if you're curious, Ebay totally jumbles all the letters)
One user (G***M) has bid on every single doll. -_-
The user with retracted bids (I***U) HAS to be privy to the conversations on the facebook group or here, the timing of the retractions coincide with the discussions about the dolls being "damaged". They gotta be a part of the fandom but they haven't come forward. I assume they realised such money for potentially broken dolls was silly, though I still think they may prove... problematic to me in my war rargh (lol, i'm getting competitive)

I expect many more people will wade into the fight nearer the end, but it's interesting to look at the bid history and try to work out who wants what and which little scuffles are emerging. Right now I have two arch rivals who want the same dolls as me hahaha. No seriously, i will crush them. GRR

there's some interesting little scuffles happening between two or three people in other ones to. This should be an interesting and brutal fight to watch.
I expect to see a flurry of snipe shots at the very end

Anyhoo,

who else has already waded on into the fray? Which dolls are you really hoping to get a hold of?

Also, someone convince me I don't need another pair of those heeled boots damnit!
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:55 pm

I really want to snag the elf boy in the leaf pants. He's funny lol. I'll be using proxy bidding though because I won't be home when it ends. Only problem is, the highest bid right now is a proxy bid, and who knows how high they are willing to pay. Sad

Last edited by DollYay on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:04 pm

I think his name was Rupert, the boy in the leafy pants lol. I managed to find pics of a lot of them:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130403030415/http://store.makie.me/collections/makies

a fair few of the ebay ones are on there
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next