The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic Makies on Ebay

+8
jupiternames
CobolBlue
DollYay
MissRead
cello_ace
JRyu
nattherat
Artful Owl
12 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Classic Makies on Ebay - Page 7 Empty Re: Classic Makies on Ebay

Post by jupiternames Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:59 am

I'm just sitting here thinking about her and telling myself, "don't make up a personality for her, don't name her..." because I'm pretty scared I'll lose (or never bid on account of cost). All the little measures I take to avoid breaking my heart.

You're right, though.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:43 am

Awww, go for her Jupiternames!  Remember, "Faint heart never won fair maid.", as my favorite incarnation of Robin Hood said. Wink

I really hope you win your girl!
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:21 am

Oh don't worry. I want to try. The only way I wouldn't bid is if she gets bid up beyond what I'll pay before the auction close.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:21 am

But thanks for rooting for me!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:15 pm

Headsup!

just got a message from "Mr Ebay" (lol) who I was chatting to about IM bodies previously. (which he's now listed, awesome).
Anyway, this is something everyone bidding on stuff this weekend and next week needs to be aware of:

Have a super weekend, I'm away until next Friday so there won't be any new listings until around that time. And as a result I stupidly won't be able to send anything until then either, for which I sincerely apologise, just in case you happen to be chatting in any of the groups. I've been a bit silly there with a few items ending soon. I hope people don't get cross with me!
All the best

So post is gonna be delayed. Hopefully he'll have a chance to drop this message on his auctions but the ones with less than 24 hours can't be edited I don't think. So if you bid and win, don't fret! He's been really good about posting stuff out so I hear (haven't actually bought anything myself yet) but there will be a delay due to silly timings (I'm sure we've all done this with auctions at some point lol. DOH).

Just a headsup and good luck to anyone planning to bid!
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:59 pm

Today's have ended at £175 and £185. Gosh, I can't believe the money involved in these auctions!
Did anybody here get them? If so, congratulations to you! Very Happy
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:00 pm

Okay. Sad green girl: GBP 185.00
Winner: t***o
Bids by me: 0
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:01 pm

Ok I believe Lisa won Ada after a last minute snipe took it from Tammie.

Ruth WAS winning sad till Tammie waded in, then in the last seconds Elaine outbid and then was sniped by whoever T***O is, i'm nt actually sure who that is but I hope it's someone nice who'll really offer that beautiful doll a great home.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:19 pm

oh oh it looks like T***O Is Kay, which is awesome news.
Sad neither Jupiter or Ruth won, but i'm glad someone with a plan for her and who was so excited they apparently cheered in the  middle of the supermarket (lol) won. It's lovely that people are getting dolls they'll love.
Shame they're going for such crazy money, but nice some people are managing to treat themselves.

Next lot is Monday. I'm not bothering to sit and watch them, but i'll be curious to look at the bidding history after to see what happened.
It's quite interesting when you can ID most of the names, it adds this other element to the bidding war. They aren't faceless mooks, they're people you know and so you end up rooting for certain people and it's kinda like watching football. "YES YES Go! go! NOOOO don't let her sideline you! get back in the game! BID BID"!

hahaha.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:27 pm

That's a cool take on it, p_m! I just don't think I could cope with paying that much. I'm not in the worst financial position, but I've got a car that needs work and a sick parent half way across the country that I need to be visiting more than once a year. Then add on the exchange rate. And shipping. Nope.

So I guess I'll treat myself too, to a latte and maybe a doll accessory.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:58 pm

haha good thinking.

And my reasoning? The perfect doll is out there, just waiting for us.

With Kay, the planets aligned. Sounds like it was def MEANT to be and with Makies, I think that happens. They will end up eventually with the right people. And at some point an adorable wee Goblin Makie will appear on ebay on through some other channel and i'll be online at just the right moment (Like I was with Noah, Vicky and John)
Same will happen for you, something just.. perfect will pop up. It just might take a while but yeah, the right doll will find us. Makies are very good at finding the right "big person"
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:54 am

Bid on Pixel... outbid by .27 pounds by p_m. It's ok though, I'm the top bid for the strawberry body now. Smile
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:53 am

Oh no, sorry man, My max on Pixel was a really strange number, like.. £30 and some pennies.
I don't really WANT her and I expect she will sell for quite a bit more but there's that slight androgyny that classic girls have that kinda appeals. Some of them really were quite ambiguous in their gender and I dig that. Some just looked REALLY masculine, but others really had this ambiguity and dressed the right way, it's impossible to tell if they're a boy or a girl doll. I like that.

I mean I know I have some cutie boys people have mistaken for girls but that's because they're morons and think "long hair" means female rather than the doll being androgynous. Classics you really COULD get proper ambiguity, there was a really broad scope there.

Anyway, my focuses this evening are Ringer and Sweetie who end an hour apart *sob sob* but I really don't think my max, even though i've increased them thanks to ebay sales, will be enough for either. Oh well, at least I can say "I tried". Another day, another doll. Something else will come up and I do have a wishlist on non Makie things I want anyway heh.

I gotta go find boxes now. I didn't parcel things up last night because I had a migraine and one of those "not really painful but my body no longer works" ones. Slurring, confusion, not really able to use hands. Argh. Those ones are scary. My head still hurts a bit but I laid in this morning to try to let myself recover. So busy busy day.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:47 pm

Good luck to everyone participating in tonight's round!
I'm interested to see how much they all go for. On the one hand I'm thinking "surely the massively high prices can't continue?", on the other hand... well, the entire thing just keeps surprising me, so I'll see!

I hope a bit of a miracle happens and you have good luck with Ringer and/or Sweetie P_M, you deserve a new Makie!
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:21 pm

Well clearly people were busy eating dinner because the first two George and Stern went for less than £80

Sadly people then woke up and Arnold went for a staggering £194

I tried for Ringer, but my luck wasn't with me. I was outbid. He went for £100, three people in the end ending up joining the fight for him, kinda annoyed me given how clearly i'd said I wanted him *sigh* Some people are selfish jerks.

So alas. I hold zero hope for Sweetie. So much so i'm just throwing my hands up and walking away now. I let the price the first two went for get my hopes up, only to be cruelly crushed by grim reality.

Sadly i'm not rich, nor am I overly lucky.

Kinda bummed out and my little heart is racing. I'm gonna spend the night playing video games I think, and pretending like this never happened because it's just gonna bum me out too much.

GOSH I wish I was a lucky person, but alas.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:25 pm

I take it back, i'm totally lucky. Lucky to have such great friends.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:16 am

Very Happy Mega congrats to both you and JRyuu again! I can't wait to see the new arrivals!
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:59 pm

I'm keen to see what people do with them. There are some interesting plans for sure.
Getting the wigs off should be um.. interesting as if they're anything like Noah's they're bloody cemented on hahah.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:00 am

I won't know for sure until they get here, but I'll probably just leave their wigs alone.   Amazingly Taylor's wig is the same wig that I had chosen for my designed classic, the one whom Taylor looks so much like. 

Chilli, who just may end up being called Desmanya, Deszy for short, looks fine in her wig, it even appears to be a similar style to Moley's grey one. Smile  

Rupert Leafypants on the other hand, may need a wig change, in a couple of pictures he sort of looked like he has a receding hairline, but I won't know for sure until he arrives. Wink 

If I do attempt to change, or at least reposition his wig, my thought was to soak his head cap and wig in warm water to see if that will soften the glue and make the wig easier to remove.  

If that doesn't work then I'll either try plain alcohol or possibly that stuff they sell that removes stickers, sticker residue, and other gums and glues.  I'll use it very carefully of course, since I don't want to remove any face up he might have left. Wink
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:21 am

the fur wigs look like they'll start to disintergrate if you pull on them, though that might just be Noah's hahah. It looks... iffy.

I'm excited to see these dolls though, and their makeovers eeee
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:56 pm

Heh ya UKers are so lucky lol

Is it bad I am thinking of selling off some of my extra Makie stuff and POSSIBLE one doll simply because I am so stump on "who" she is! :/ sadly I couldn't get her anymore dye buddies.. *sigh*
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:10 pm

Who were you thinking of selling Miss Heny? I'm looking for elf eared dyeables for my forest folk, and may be interested if you decide to sell.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:26 pm

I have one dyed gal (she the blue one in my photos) who just sticks out with all the normal toned ones I have. If you like I can get more photos of her in a little bit.
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:40 pm

yes please, feel free to private message me here.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:07 pm

Sent :3
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down