The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makie jobs?

+2
ichibidrop
jupiternames
6 posters

Go down

Makie jobs? Empty Makie jobs?

Post by jupiternames Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:20 am

I saw that the facebook group has a rich section asking what does your Makie do all day and I thought it might be fun to ask the same question over here. Especially since I don't really like using facebook Evil or Very Mad.

I'll get us started. I've got sort of three groups--Star Wars aliens, rat-girls, and two classic Makies who don't really fit into either category.

My Star Wars Makies are an all-female all-non-human crew who see themselves as Robin Hoods sorts. They are lead by Theral, who is a mechanic. Her friends Ilaria and Deena travel with her doing jobs and running cons to make ends meet. Ilaria is sort of an outdoorswoman who is shockingly good at lying, given her sweet features and "good country girl" persona. Deena is charming and serves as the face of the group. Her job is looking pretty and commanding attention. During their travels they pick up a Rattataki named Kajal, who is a demolitionist (she builds bombs) and is slightly feral. Kajal sometimes contracts with street gangs, but generally enjoys working alone and staying anonymous by using a series of wigs and makeup to be unidentifiable on surveillance. We still don't know what Dvakvar does, but Theral has been out with him a few times and he doesn't seem to have made her mad yet. He's generally good natured, but a bit reckless. He expects to find a girlfriend to do his thinking for him because he realizes that he is too impulsive for his own good.

Allie is a librarian. Garrak is a humble programmer.

The "rat-girls" mostly gave me funny answers. Since they aren't children, yet they're not really independent either, they get to be a little more imaginative in their job titles. Steffie says that she is learning to be a vet, while Lottie is studying to be a teacher. Lizzie is a scientist...and a Jedi. Pepper, who is known for being trouble around here, claims to be a runner and a game-player, but her twin Poppy is just a game-player. Nikki is an engineer, but Hazel is a builder-adventurer. Terry is a stylist. And Lorelei claims to be a "real-life" doll. Steffie informs me that her boyfriend Bruno is a "cookie taster".
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Makie jobs? Empty Re: Makie jobs?

Post by ichibidrop Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:33 am

Ooh fun! I have 3 Makies and each comes from a different story.

Daliah is a singer/musician. Before becoming famous she did small gigs here and there, danced, and also worked as a server at a restaurant.

Lacey is a superhero. She is a genetically modified baby, granted superpowers through science, and groomed to protect humanity.

Maddie just does whatever her boss needs her to do. As long as the "mission" pays well and she's positive she can do it, she takes the job. She's a right-hand man type of thing.
ichibidrop
ichibidrop

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:32 pm

I'm just going to copy what I said on Facebook because I should have been in bed hours ago.

Sage has informed me that she and Robin are wood elves and Robin isn't likely to disagree with her. Frost is, of course, a frost fairy and she leaves lovely patterns of frost everywhere when it freezes. When I asked her about Jack Frost she harrumphed rather loudly and then said something under her breath about males taking credit for things they shouldn't.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Well I have three "worlds" so to speak.

The first is a modern fantasy world, it's like... the real world just with elves and stuff. heh.

Gabe is a musician, he mostly makes money busking tbh. (he plays guitar mostly but he can play a few other instruments too) He also can see ghosts but that's more an annoying quirk than anything else.

Nate haunts Gabe, his current job he claims is "spirit guide" though Gabe would argue it's "obnoxious annoyance". in life he was a con man and charlatan, turned pseudo legit when he met a real psychic (Gabe's great grandfather). Of course, once a thief always a thief. He annoyed the wrong people, which is why he's dead.

Jian is Gabe's bff, she's a performing arts student in london. She and her brother work weekends doing street performing in covent garden and similar. Sort of dance/acrobatics.

Zhi is like his sister Jian, a performing arts student. He works in a bar to make ends meet and also freelances doing tailoring/sewing work. His passion is costume design.

Fizz is a photographer.

Juniper is a fashion blogger who would love to go into journalism but right now is working in a shop somewhere. She's trying to monetise her blog so she can focus only on that.

Lirel is a successful pulp author. her books are schlock, she's well aware of this but people seem to like them and the sales pay her mortgage, so it's all good. 

John is a paranormal investigator/wizard for hire/professional jerk/demon hunter. If you have supernatural problems and don't mind his abrasive attitude, he's your man. Demon possessions, hauntings, good old fashioned voodoo curses, he's seen it all.

Vicky sometimes tags along with John, when she's speaking to him. She's a psychic (as in, she sees visions).

Moniker and Alias? they just laugh when asked about jobs. They're roaming bikers, they do odd jobs but I get the feeling most of what they do probably isn't legal.
Pseudonym is supposed to be part of their "gang" when she arrives. we'll have to see what she has to say about things.

--

then we have the metahumans

Harris is a graphic designer, he's a fairly talented artist but he hates other people so... yeah.. there's that.

Cat (husband's Makie) works for the government, she's FBI.

---

and finally the sci fi lot.

August is a mad bio chemist. He creates monsters. it's not really a job, it's more a hobby that got a bit out of control. but who needs money when you have MONSTERS!? ok he sells things to the highest bidder, he's a brilliant scientist despite his eccentricities.
He makes enough to get by ok.
He has at least two "minions" named Abomination (mina) and Ali. one is an alien, the other is some sort of abomination of nature/experiment.

Ig claims he's a starving artist while August insists he is in fact a "professional igor". Poor Ig gets thrown into his brother's experiments a lot.

Cass is an engineer, probably a little insane as well. He builds contraptions, creates all manner of things but is especially good with weapons and engines. He's also a pilot, of the space craft variety.
he works for Sa'dii.

Sa'dii is a bounty hunter/intergalactic cop depending on who's asking. Basically, she hunts down bad guys ok?

Tor is a space pirate, and incidentally Sa'dii's brother. they uh.. don't see eye to eye.

Nhaj (who will hopefully be here soon) works for Tor, he's a scientist and engineer, he keeps the ship going and knows an awful lot about astonavigation.

Their crew also includes another Makie named Adhar and a small anthropomorphic rabbit named Fenek (or Fen for short).

---

Husband also has Chau, who's from one of his story worlds. She's a thief, the D&D sort. So.. adventurer?
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:43 pm

I've copied my answer from the Facebook group as well. There are people on the Fb group and not here (and the other way around) who I'd hate to miss updates from. It gets hard to keep up, but Facebook seems to be more of a direct news link and it is %100 easier to share pics there from my tablet. That said, I prefer the organization of the forum. Sigh.

Professor Hebs is an artist and teacher.
Postman Will is a mail carrier (shocking, right?).
Sharpie used to be an underwatter welder, but has sinced used her skills for found object sculpture.
Mark is a Youtuber.
Penny Unicorn is the magical guardian of my large My Little Pony herd.
Sour and Morel are forest folk with various functions, but no specific jobs.
I should add that Thistle hasn't shared what she does yet. She is quite private.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:49 pm

I know what you mean artful, the photo sharing here is annoying. I need to figure out an easier way but i'm not sure I can do it with the constraints of forummotion. Bah.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:32 pm

Purple_Monkfish wrote:I know what you mean artful, the photo sharing here is annoying. I need to figure out an easier way but i'm not sure I can do it with the constraints of forummotion. Bah.

I appreciate the fact that a forum exists at all P_M. No criticism intended. The de-centralization in general is probably more of where my sigh is directed. I wish all my Makie peeps were in one place, lol!

More "on topic", I love knowing more about what everyone's little characters do all day. And knowing that other people think that way about their Makies makes me personally feel included and inspired.  Idea

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:44 pm

it's fun how there's this little world.. or.. worlds of Makie people hahaha. Makies inspire, that's what makes them special. for me they're like 3d versions of the people that totally live in my brain, it's nice to get them out and into physical forms. sadly the constraints of the sliders mean I can't make a lot of my non human characters heh, but some day... some day.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:46 am

Yeah, I saw how much that question was taking off and I really wanted to bring it over here. Then I saw that lovely post from Ruth about the Makies community. I'm glad I'm in the Facebook group now because of all the stuff I see, but I feel more comfortable on a (pretty much) Makies-only forum. And I really like that I can make a longer post with pictures intermixed with text.

Though it is tempting to put up some for-sale items on the facebook group.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:22 am

Well, after much prying...

I have more of a fantasy base world haha.

Silva had this look of horror when I said that dreadful 'J' and informs me she lives mooches with Alba.

Alba is a supernatural hunter/trapper of spirits demons etc if it has money involved xir will be doing it.

Seth officially does hardware work and computer coding but on the side is a hack of sorts, helping Alba with xir job.

And Lorena...she is a gypsy of sorts that does a photography blog and every once in a while get drug on a hunt with Alba.

As you can guess they all live in the same housing unit haha.
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down