The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back in the waiting room again!

+7
JRyu
jupiternames
MissRead
Artful Owl
DollYay
Purple_Monkfish
Vaergo
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Back in the waiting room again! Empty Back in the waiting room again!

Post by JRyu Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:43 am

Well here I am again. I've been agonizing and agonizing over what dolls to get myself for my birthday..... Toooooo many choices! Aargh! 6_9

Do I want to get a BJD I've had my eye on.....
Do I want to get another Taeyang boy or two that I've been tempted by.......
Do I want to make some more of my virtual Makies real....... but if I do that, how am I going to choose?!

Lol, I've been going back and forth to different doll company websites and putting dolls in my "shopping cart", but never completing the purchase, because I just couldn't decide! Razz

And in the middle of all this Fen makes a casual announcement.....

FEN: I have a sister, you know.

JRYU: Ehhh... a sister....? 0_o Oh yeah, I believe I do recall you mentioning something about a sister. A younger one, right? o_o

FEN: Well, yes, but not by much. We were born in the same litter after all. :-)

JRYU: So.... umm, exactly what is the point of this announcement? 9_9

FEN: Nothing really, only that I think she might be showing up soon, so you just might want to be watching out for her is all I'm saying. ^^

JRYU: Showing up???....... 0_0 Wait a minute, are you saying she's going to be another "Made For You Makie"?!?! 0_0 Do you realize that she could show up anywhere!!! O_O
What if she ends up at Selfridge's, or Hamley's!!! O_O

FEN: Now, now, she's far too clever to be doing that. She's a smart little thing, is Flan, takes after her big brother she does! Very Happy

Lol, a modest lad is our Fen...... not! ^_~

So the other day I thought I'd take a look and see if anyone had been adopted, and if the elves had added any new MFM Makies. There appeared to be several missing faces, and quite a few new faces. Sure enough, as I'm looking at all the new MFM Makies, I hear Fen.......

FEN: Oh! There she is! There's Flan! HULLO FLAN!!! Hey, what the devil....?! Why is she wearing a blonde wig! 0_o She's a redhead, just like me! Well, her's is lighter, but it's still RED, not BLONDE!

lol, I've gotten used to the dolls looking over my shoulder, so to speak, when I'm shopping or doing stuff on the computer..... and I really don't mind it, but I do wish they wouldn't shout when they get excited! ^_~

Needless to say, we had to bring little Flan home, as well as an apparent friend of theirs who Fen spotted.

Flan
Back in the waiting room again! Image.jpg3_4

Their friend, another little fox boy.
Back in the waiting room again! Image.jpg2_4

Then of course there were the new shoe sets, which Rayne promised to share with Flan, that big accessory pack bundle, since you can never have enough laptops, bags, and so forth, and the bunny jumper...... because what could be cuter than a little Irish fox girl in a bunny jumper. Very Happy

Wouldn't you know, at the last minute, just as I was getting ready to pay, little Moley snuck into the shopping basket!

Little Moley
Back in the waiting room again! Image.jpg1_4
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Back in the waiting room again! Empty Re: Back in the waiting room again!

Post by MissRead Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:31 am

LOL, Laughing  what excitement there will be in your household when this lot arrive!  I daren't let my lot anywhere near my computer!
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:11 am

Oh my goodness! hahaha, so much new stuff
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaergo Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:31 am

Yay for more Makies! They are a great bunch! I'm sure they will be more than a handful. 

Hurray for all those MFY ones that get adopted! I just wish.... wish I had more money, to bring home more for myself!
Vaergo
Vaergo

http://Www.vencka.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:39 pm

I have to say, i'm keen to see the white haired one with her hair sorted out lol. It's hard to see her face with her wig so skewif but she looked cute. I just wanna be able to see more of her face.

I enjoy the MFY lot, I find they often have something you maybe wouldn't have considered in your own designs (certainly my two are very different to my usual designs haha) and they're so cute.
I'd love more too, just.. more Makies in general but alas, I haven't enough money to buy more than about 1 every couple of months.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:51 pm

I'm glad Moley is going to a good home! I was eyeing her for quite a bit... Hehehehehehe.
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:14 pm

Yes, just what I need, more little Irish fox children running around. Lol! Very Happy I'm still trying to find the right colored faux fur to make Fen's fox ears, although I did finally find him a perfect aviator cap. Now I'll have two more demanding their fox ears I suppose. ^_^

Lol, Fen keeps trying to reassure me that Flan is a sweet, quiet little thing, very polite and ladylike..... a darling little angel, as he says. ^_~

All he'll tell me about this friend of theirs, is that he's fine lad, and that I'm sure to become right fond of him..... once I get to know him. ^^
Very Happy

Lol, I know Purple_monkfish, at first glance I thought for a second she was wearing a big white scarf on her head! Very Happy

I'm not sure what it is, but there is just something about her that puts me in mind of Mole from Wind in The Willows.....
I think she just might be his daughter, or possibly his granddaughter. ^_^ After all, I'm certain he and Ratty must have eventually found themselves wives, and settled down to a life of domestic bliss and harmony. ^_~

I like looking at the MFY bunch too. Although, it's a bit like going to a pet store or animal shelter, especially when you see the ones who've been up for adoption for awhile and no one has chosen them. You start to feel kind of sad for them, so then you just want to adopt them and give them a home and lots of love.

Lol, yes, I admit it, I'm an inveterate doll rescuer! Very Happy Stuffed toys as well, and the odd little plastic toy animal too. ^_^

That wasn't the case with with Moley though, I saw her the first time I opened the MFY page to check for Fen's sister. I tried to resist, since she wasn't Fen's sister, but every time I went to look for Flan, there would be Moley peering out with her cheerful little face.

Of course, once I "heard" her name, I knew resistance was futile..... little Moley had found her home. ^_~
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:11 pm

hahah I know what you mean. there's a mfy girl who I find myself looking at each time. I think if she's still there when my next lot of sales goes through in a few weeks, she might have to come home. But that's a big IF.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Which one? I've been eying the strawberry girl with curly hair and the I ❤️ Math outfit.
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:08 pm

More Makies on the way! I'm excited to see how they look "out of box", and fit in to your crew.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:56 pm

There is one on the Makie site that I too would love to buy, but I daren't so soon after the arrival of my last two....  hoping I will sell some clothes soon!  I have a current commission which I am hoping to finish tonight, but that will only bring me about a 1/4 of the way there.   Still if she does sell I suppose there will always be another one!
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:03 pm

Yeah, I really liked Moley. But I know I'd be picking up another of the Makies I designed myself, so I'm glad you've got her. I think my current favorite MFY is the lavender hair girl with the black eyes and the very broad nose. Hopefully she will end up in a home with lots of love! Or on eBay for cheap Wink
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:36 am

Me too Artful Owl, because Fen totally had me fooled. He looked like a sweet quiet little girl in his adoption photos, but that wasn't what came out of the box at all. Very Happy

Still, I'm crossing my fingers that Flan turns out to be as feminine, and little girl charming, as she seems in her pictures. I have all these sweet, old style, little girl type clothes in muted earth tones, greens, Browns, and blues, mostly. The clothes I bought for Fen when I expected him to be a girl. ^_~

I'm hoping they'll suit Flan just perfectly. Fen keeps assuring me that she'll love them, but you know older brothers..... ^_^

Moley I'm not worried about, I just don't think she could turn out to be anyone other than little Moley, as strongly as her character came through the first time I laid eyes on her. It's only gotten stronger with each time I've looked at her. Usually when a doll's personality comes through that strongly from the beginning, it's usually a pretty safe bet. ^_~

Funny thing is, in some ways it's almost like she's already here. I sort of feel her presence constantly, in the back of my mind, like I do Lue's.
Lol, she's even starting to join in the conversation, "throwing her two cents in" as it were. (She thinks that's funny, btw, the "throwing her two cents in" part. It made her chuckle when I typed it. Very Happy)

I'm really looking forward to seeing Fen's and Flan's friend, this mystery boy who is coming. I say boy, because that's the really strong feeling I get from his pictures. Lol, wouldn't it be ironic he turns out to be a girl after all, after giving off such a strong boy vibe in his photos. Very Happy Especially since that would be the exact opposite of the way it was with Fen. I was so sure he was going to be a girl from his pictures. Lol!

DollYay, are you talking about the strawberry girl with the dark red curly hair? She's cute! ^_^ There are several really cute Makies up for adoption, especially among the latest ones they've added.

I'm curious to know which one you've got your eye on too, purple_monkfish! Very Happy

You'd think three would be enough, for now.....
But this little one is really starting to tug at my heartstrings.
Back in the waiting room again! Image.jpg1_5

I suspect it's the yellow hair clip, which sort of looks like a flower, that makes her look like a pretty little Hawaiian girl.
I feel like I need to buy her and bring her back home to the Islands. ^_^

lol, I can already think of lots of neat little Hawaiian props that I can get for her, in fact some of the things I already have, including a little grass hula skirt. Very Happy

Quite frankly, I'm really surprised that no one scooped her up right away, as beautiful as she is! 0_0
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:06 am

Jupiternames, I'm glad little Moley already has some friends on here! ^_^
Yeah, I'm feeling a little guilty myself for not bringing a few of my virtual Makies home, but it's just so darned hard to choose who gets to be made real and who has to wait!

Kyu has been bugging me to bring some more of the Dyrewulfven folk home, much to Rayne's annoyance. Many of the Alteaans don't really get along with the Dyrewulfven folk, since they sort of "fly in the face" of everything that is scientific and logic based. Lol, think Spacefaring, two-legged, humanoid, Elven, wolves.... with large bat like wings. Whose entire technology is based totally on magic. Very Happy

Shoi is probably one of the few Alteaans who actually likes them..... but then, Shoi is sort of an entity unto himself, since he's not opposed to throwing a little magical monkey wrench into the works every now and then. ^_^

lol, Shoi is all for adding a few more Dyrewulfven into the mix as well, much to his sister Rayne's utter disgust. I suspect that's part of it, I rather think he enjoys pushing her buttons so to speak. <(^_~)>
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:55 am

the one who caught my eye is this wee girl: Back in the waiting room again! 6895ba0cd570516a51cf26339c7d3468

There's something about those big green eyes against that caramel skin. I dunno, she just appeals to me heh.

But I don't think August and Ig well.. mostly August would forgive me if I didn't order their other brother first hahaha. Ig's sitting here all "yes, don't order Cass, don't do it!" and August is just smirking. *sigh*

Gift cards from Argos are supposed to arrive today, we'll see if my curse continues. But if all is well with them, I can order something this evening hahaha, yay! Trying not to get too excited though, just in case.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:31 am

She's a cutie purple_monkfish. ^_^
In more ways than one, lol! Very Happy

I love that caramel skin color, although you wouldn't know it to look at my lot! Currently, the majority are cocoa bean, which is the other skin color I love.
When my three new Makies arrive, that will make three strawberries, two caramels, and five cocoa beans..... So the cocoa beans will still be in the lead. ^_~

I definitely need more caramels! Very Happy

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your gift cards arrive, and just maybe my lot can work a little Makie Magic and break that Argos curse! ^_^
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:52 am

Lol I need more cocoas. I have four strawberries and four caramels, only 2 cocoa. And I love cocoa!
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:03 pm

Jyru: yeah that's the one! And I'm guilty of coping her into the creator so now I have her in digital form in case she sell before I have the money! Heheheh. I love that hair though....

But if I'm to print one of mine it would be Professor Lolly. I designed him to go with Sci so he might have to come home... Smile

Last edited by DollYay on Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:08 pm

*sigh* Still cursed. Argos delivered the made for you boxes, well.. no.. that's what I ordered. They actually delivered three fashion packs. I sent them straight back and they've refunded me. *sigh* but man that's a bummer. I'm rather upset about that. Jen said they weren't sending any more stock to Argos either.
I tried so hard not to get excited but when the yodel van arrived I admit, I was eager. Argos were really good with their CS, they apologised a lot and didn't argue. But yeah... gotta wait a bit longer for a doll.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:13 pm

Awww, that sucks! Sad

I wonder, maybe it's not a curse, maybe there's a reason you need to wait..... like a really super MakieLab promotion, like that one we had at Christmas, coming up...... or a pistachio classic Makie on ebay. You never know, sometimes fate really does work in mysterious ways, and what seems like bad luck at first turns out to be good in the long run.
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:33 pm

Lol Jr, that's positive thinking. They ARE working on new outfits so maybe they'll have something cool and new and fun.
But yeah, should take about 5 working days for refund to come through.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:51 am

Just noticed an email from MakieLabs, Flan, Moley, and Fen's foxy friend are officially on their way! Very Happy

I checked the tracking number, and they are at the Midlands facility. ^_^

JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:37 am

Sweet! Hopefully they'll be with you soon!
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:42 pm

Yay! Does it say an estimate delivery?
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by howll Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:26 pm

Oooh, exciting times!

Jen, wtf is with Argos? How can they possibly think that you'd pay £180 for three fashions? Jesus! companies are so stupid!
howll
howll

https://www.flickr.com/photos/howll/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next