The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doll Family

+2
MadWild
Jupeycat
6 posters

Go down

Doll Family Empty Doll Family

Post by Jupeycat Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:11 pm

I thought I'd start a new topic for this, feel free to join in!

I collect all sorts of stuff including dolls, bears and other toys.  These dolls I class as a sort of family as they're the ones that are customised (or will be shortly).  I've spent the most time with them.  I've had a few other bjds that haven't stayed and I have one on the way. I just sold my Soom Dubu today...  This means I can put the money towards a new doll!

Doll Family 16478299979_1e92d18704_z

Top row from left:

Fairyland Pukipuki Piki called Posy, Fairyland Pukifee Icis called Cherry, Dollndoll Heart Junior Miro called Leigh (she now has a new wig), Luts Zuzu Delf Persi called Dandelion.

Middle row from left:

Aileen Doll Fennec Fox Penny called Nanaki, Bluefairy Tiny Fairy Olive called Rose, Bluefairy Pocket Fairy sugar Minimay called Talula, Fairyland Littlefee Leah called Freya.

Bottom row from left:

Makie Ivy (she now has eyelashes), Makie Aisha (she's a bday present so not customised yet.)  Dal Chibi Risa called Amber, Pullip Akemi (also a bday present and will be customised).
Jupeycat
Jupeycat

http://cats.org.uk/dewsbury

Back to top Go down

Doll Family Empty Re: Doll Family

Post by MadWild Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:36 pm

Ahh, so many cuties! You have some beautiful girls in your collection Smile. Posy and Cherry are particularly adorable, but then I do have a big soft spot for Fairyland dolls, so many pretty sculpts Very Happy.

MadWild

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:04 pm

Well, my doll family consists mostly of BJDs, and Makies of course. Smile
Plus the Barbies, Bratz Boyz, ethnic and antique dolls, etc. that I collected prior to discovering BJDs.

I'll post pictures, if I can ever get this smart aleck iPad to let me view this forum in the classic version again! Arrgh! I really hate semi-intelligent machines sometimes! Lol! :-P
That, or find my digital camera and try on my laptop.

Unlike others on here, I have never been attracted to Blythes or Pullips. Mostly, because while I love their big eyes, I've always found their heads to be just a little too big for my tastes. @_@

Plus, there was the fact that all the ones I saw were girls, or so it seemed, and I don't really collect girl dolls.

However, I just purchased my first Dal Taeyang, and my first Isul! I can't wait for them to arrive!

Their heads don't seem to be as large looking as Blythe's, not in the pictures at least, and best of all.... They are boys! Very Happy
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:35 pm

ISUL! I love Isul, he's sooo cute. I really want a taeyang and Isul but Isul is particularly expensive. boo.
I'm a huge boy fan too, boys boys boys man! boys!
at some point i'll have to make the choice.. makie...or a pullip boy... eep.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupeycat Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:27 am

Thanks for the replies Smile.

I'd love to see boy photos, bring them on!
Jupeycat
Jupeycat

http://cats.org.uk/dewsbury

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:41 pm

What a great collection, lovely to see them.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:23 am

Well, the other day I was noodling around on ebay, when I discovered the Monster High "A Pack of Trouble" set. I'd managed to resist even the delightful Wolfish ones, because I just couldn't see paying twenty some or thirty some bucks for a doll that looks so delicate that I'm afraid it would break if I looked at it cross eyed.

Then too, my preference would be for the boy, Clawd, which the stores here just don't seem to want to carry. So I figured I just be content with the little plastic Clawdeen figurine that I found at Halloween. ^_^

......but, here was a set of ALL FOUR of the werewolves for what one would normally pay for one Monster High doll! That was a deal I couldn't resist, and they arrived today. ^_^

I'm overall quite happy with them, although they still seem rather fragile for a child's toy, which is okay since I bought them mainly for displaying anyway.

I do wish Clawd had all rooted hair, rather than mostly flocked with this funny little curled Mohawk. Lol, it reminds me of that little curlicue they make on the top of a soft ice cream cone. Very Happy

I'm not crazy about flocked hair in the first place, but when doll companies do a combination of flocked and rooted.........
Well........
it just never really looks quite right! 0_o
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by _MakieCrafter_ Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:25 pm

such a cute pullip!
_MakieCrafter_
_MakieCrafter_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down