The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to go shopping!

+2
MissRead
DollYay
6 posters

Go down

Time to go shopping! Empty Time to go shopping!

Post by MadWild Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:58 pm

Whilst out shopping today, I popped into Tiger and found the cutest new accessory for my Makie Annie. They have miniature shopping trolleys! It's meant to be a desk accessory for you to put pens in, but is perfectly sized for Makie shopping trips. It's made of metal, with plastic wheels (that really turn!) and a plastic seat and handle. The seat folds up, just like on a real trolley! I think it's really well made and it's just so cute - perfect for Makies Smile. I bought one with black plastic bits, but they also had one with orange plastic. They also had shopping baskets, but these were much bigger than the trolleys, so cute for storage but not in scale for Makies.

So, if you have a Tiger near you, it's worth going for a look! It was only £4, which I thought was pretty reasonable for a quality item. I tested it out with Annie standing behind it and she looks just right. Plus, the eraser 'food' I have for her (all found in Blott, the home of wonderful shaped erasers) can sit in it and look great. I'm sure it will make a fun prop for photos, and it could also be useful for storing bits and pieces in.

I'll try and add some photos when I can. Let me know if you find one, and share photos too! 

In case anyone is wondering, this was Tiger in Basingstoke. They're a bit odd in that not everything they sell is stocked in every shop, and they don't sell online, so it's a case of trial and error in terms of finding things, but fingers crossed you may find them. Let me know how you get on!

MadWild

Back to top Go down

Time to go shopping! Empty Re: Time to go shopping!

Post by MadWild Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:53 pm

Time to go shopping! Dsc01811

Time to go shopping! Dsc01812
Time to go shopping! Dsc01813

Photos, for anyone curious to see. The bottom two show how the seat can be folded up. I just think it's so cute Smile.

MadWild

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:23 pm

Aw! That is so cute! Just wondering, is Tiger in the uk 'cause If so I can't buy one.Sad Oh well, back to the miniature isles...
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:37 pm

I have never heard of 'Tiger' before.  What a fantastic and perfect sized shopping trolley!
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:48 pm

Omg I must have one. I think there's one in the town nearby. Time for a wee shopping trip methinks hahaha.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by MadWild Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Yes, Tiger is a shop in the UK. I don't know if they have shops elsewhere, it might be worth checking their website? It's a weird shop, they sell so many different things and lots of things they only sell for a month or so then change stock. Odd indeed. But every now and then, you find a gem like this!

I hope you find one Purple_Monkfish! Very Happy

MadWild

Back to top Go down

Post by mama makie Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:09 pm

Great find! We have a Tiger in town so I'll have to pop in.

We use Shopkins and their baskets for our shopping trips Wink
mama makie
mama makie

Back to top Go down

Post by MadWild Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Let me know how you get on!

Oh yes, I have a couple of Shopkins baskets too. I love cute, appropriately sized accessories! Very Happy

MadWild

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:12 am

Omg, I have seen little trolleys like that in Kmart over here. They were like $7 and I almost got one but didn't. Sigh oh well I guess I will just have to check next time I'm in Kmart to see if they are still on sale. Very Happy
KimonoKittyCat
KimonoKittyCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down