The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic Makies on Ebay

+8
jupiternames
CobolBlue
DollYay
MissRead
cello_ace
JRyu
nattherat
Artful Owl
12 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Classic Makies on Ebay - Page 8 Empty Re: Classic Makies on Ebay

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:49 pm

Is she the one with only one arm?

And man, most of the dolls I don't think are staying in the UK Hen, several are going to Hawaii with JR, one to Australia, ninja boy is off overseas too I believe. not sure about the others but global shipping is proving a bit of a headache for the seller and the buyers. Ebay's global progam is a nightmare. It's slow, the tracking sucks and it's expensive.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Then how come I never see them on my ebay? XD

Yea it is haha, got a bunch of stuff going with her thinking of doing a rehoming thread for her and a slight raffle if there alot of folks.
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Lol, I'm beginning to think you need to access the U.K. eBay site directly.  When I tried one time to pull up "mr. eBay's" auctions on the U.S. site, I had a really hard time getting them to show up.   I had to type in several key words straight from one of his listings, and even then I could only see some of the items he had listed rather than everything.

Whenever I type Makie doll on the U.S. site, I usually only get Bob MACKIE designer Barbies, and Japanese lacquer ware! Rolling Eyes Laughing
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:05 pm

X2 JR lol
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:56 pm

Whom ever H***k is, they successfully outbid me on the strawberry body. Evil or Very Mad 

Did he say he had more bodies? I really would like one but, i don't want to try and outbid H***k.
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:56 pm

yeah sometimes stuff doesn't show up internationally. Check ALL ebays haha, just in case.

Oh dollyay, there's a whole box of bodies. I assume once the seller is back friday he'll list them up, maybe for BIN of however much the three current ones go for.
But rest assured, there's a box of em, not just the three.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:26 am

Ok, thank you! I need to take out that screw! Mwahaha.  Smile
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tesa Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:15 pm

I'm still having trouble with my eBay account, so I can't bid on anything and their support didn't help Sad I won't get any hands for Jonah I guess...
Tesa
Tesa

https://mymakie.com/people/tesa/

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Oh no Tesa! What hands were you after? Could one of us get em and post them to you?
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tesa Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:55 pm

Oh shoot, I only just saw that P_M. I'd take any chocolate hands, really.
Tesa
Tesa

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:25 pm

Well I managed to win a set of ballet ones, but I missed the others.

I also got outbid at the last moment on BOTH IM bodies I was after. -_- I'm SO annoyed right now. It doesn't help i'm in hideous pain so i'm especially weepy and cranky, but damnit, it just feels so... jerk-like to know someone was after something and take it anyway, particularly when you know they have a damn good use for the thing.

I just hope the seller will still accept £10 for one of the bodies. The cocoa one were for like £16!?? the strawberry one is going for loads too. Wth? they're headless bodies! bodies all the makies fans HATED when they were revealed and ranted at length about how awful they were etc etc. But now it's like.. "oh no, we gotta have those"... why? What for?
I mean, £16 is too much for a dress makers dummy isn't it? Why not just use your existing doll? And the older heads don't really go on the newer bodies do they? Well they kinda do but the lab advised against it long term. And most people seemed to hate the contrast anyway, I mean, there was so much vitriol about the IM bodies, to then see multiple people fighting over something they claimed to hate just feels.. really hypocritical and ridiculous to me.

*sigh* I'll never understand some people.

Some of the hands are selling for crazy money too. £25 for ONE pair of hands? what? This from people who thought £25 for a whole set of 8 was "too expensive to justify"?
Wth? Just.. why?

I understand the cost of the classic makies, supply/demand etc etc but the IM body thing just confuses me.

And didn't Sioux ask people not to bid like lunatics on them so she could try to broker a deal for the whole batch? Good to see the community listen huh? *eyeroll*

Sorry, i'm in a mood. I was looking forward to getting arms for frankenmakie at last and i've been in pain all day so it's messing with my ability to not just want to smack people/things/myself.

Sorry. I'm cranky. I'm irritated.
I just want some damn Makie arms. ARGH.

Anyway, Tesa, if you would like the lovely graceful cocoa hands i'm happy to sell them to you for what I paid and the postage it'll cost to ship em to you. I was hoping to get a few sets but as it stood only my max on those was enough.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tesa Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:30 pm

I think it's absolutely ridiculous to bid that much on those things. Oh well, some people will always do it...

That would be awesome P_M! I'd be happy to split the pair with you though, since I wouldn't let Jonah wear both at the same time anyway.
Tesa
Tesa

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:40 pm

the ballet hands actually look really lovely as a pair. My Jian has them, they're so dainty *snort*

Had hoped for a peace and both rock in cocoa but alas. Maybe at some point someone will part with theirs. They're only really useful for certain photos after all.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:59 pm

I can't wait till he is back and can post more of the stuff. Maybe he will set a reasonable price for the rest of the bodies. Hehe. I honestly don't have very high hopes on his stuff right now. After being outbid on everything I bid on, including a body that I have no idea why people actually it wanted exept for, me to experiment with. Everyone said they hated the IM ones anyway. Arg. Not having the greatest day. Sad
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:48 pm

I know, I don't get the demand either. It baffles me and seems a little hypocritical given the vitriol those im bodies got.

I've been outbid on all but one thing so far, too much competition so hoping for more BINS and large stock of things heh. He does have a case of bodies, so hopefully he'll put them all up for a BIN price that's not too mad.
I'm thinking my £10 offer isn't too far out there after all. Strawberry body went for £11, caramel for £10:50 and cocoa for SOME reason £16 (particularly strange given it's the one people were most unsure about)

tbh there's not that much else I want unless someone has those light sabres (sioux said she had a few of those but as i'm not in the official group, looks like i'll miss out on any of those *sigh* sucks.)
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:29 pm

I think I'm actually surprised the bodies didn't go for MORE. Considering how much a lot of the auctioned stuff has gone for, including the hands, some accessories, and of course the Makie dolls themselves, I was half expecting to see the IM bodies climb to silly money. Not the 100s of course, but above £20.

Though I'm not sure why people want them unless for spares. I haven't gone on about IM at huge length, but they're definitely not for me. I wouldn't pick any up unless I was desperate, and... since I can hybrid with other bodies and plan to, I'm not desperate. The only real use I can imagine is for spares if your current Makie body is worn down but you want it to be as much a MakieLabs body as possible.

How do you put old heads on new IM bodies anyway? I've only seen a couple of photos of the new head mechanism. I can tell it works more like a typical play doll with the peg system that comes up through the head, but does that peg detach from the neck in the same way that old heads detach so you can swap them over?
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:02 am

I'm pretty sure you can just jam the older heads ON but the connection isn't as secure as on the original body. The newer ones have an additional thick plastic piece, it's hard to explain. I might actually have photos, let me find my blog post about it hehe

Classic Makies on Ebay - Page 8 P1120869

There we go, the neck knobs. See the plastic long piece on the IM head?

Classic Makies on Ebay - Page 8 P1120868

There's the actual neck piece itself.

From my own looks, the 3dp head can go onto the im body, but can't move much on it. Because they  have quite a shallow "peg" going into a very deep socket there can be problems.

But it IS possible to do it, just not sure how long term it'd be and how likely head popping off might be as I didn't really play with Ayla when i put her head on Ada's body lol. I just saw if I could, then put them back on their proper bodies.

The limbs DO fit but the legs pop off really easily. This is the main problem with the hybrid boys. they have 3dp torsos but the IM limbs and while the arms mostly stay on the legs will ping off every single time you touch them, try ro bend them... none of my IM boys can actually sit down, you have to like, undress them, pose them, then redress them or else their legs come off at the hip. It drives me CRAZY.

But yeah, I dunno what people want the bodies for. A couple said for clothing mannequins which is fair enough if you're gonna do a lot of clothes or more fragile fabrics and want a sort of dress makers dummy.
But the bodies would have be cheap ENOUGH for that as you can just use one of the dolls you already have to make clothes, it's not like it's an essential you'd think people would be willing to pay a lot for right?

Other uses, anyone wanting to experiment with the limitations of the IM body? Like testing out dyes, spray paints, mods etc? But again, they'd have to be cheap enough for that kind of bait...

If you had spare heads laying about maybe? BUt aside from Sioux who has spare heads just laying around? lol. I kinda regret not having hte lab print me replacement heads for my two with broken eye mechs, then I could have put them on IM bodies hahaha.

But yeah, not sure what people plan to do with them. Uh... shop front displays? um.. macabre halloween decorations?
not a clue.

Still, hopefully i'll be able to snag one cheap and pilfer the arms.
then I will have an armless body hahahah, not sure what to do with that. Uh....
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:25 am

Well, other than, as several people have indicated, wanting them for Makie dress making mannequins, and DollYay's fiendish determination to unscrew that screw, Wink .....the only thing I can think of is possibly wanting a spare body to put away, just in case.  Like maybe as a replacement for an existing IM doll's body, if say the joints just get so loose and floppy that they're constantly falling off.

The other possibility is that it's a spare/replacement body for one of their 3DP Makies, that's either been damaged, or they are afraid might become damaged at some point.  Perhaps they believe there will be some way they can modify either the head, body, or both to make it work.   

Lol, p_m, maybe you shouldn't have reminded everyone about the boys having 3DP torsos with IM limbs, and mentioned on OMFG about wanting to get some for Frankinmakie.   I mean you sort of totally put it into everyone's head that these IM bodies would be a great source for replacement limbs that will work for both IM and 3DP Makies! Very Happy Wink 

I can also see a person who just purchased one of these V1 bodied dolls, especially after the warnings that these dolls have been well used and handled, wanting to get an IM body as a potential back up in case their new Makie's body does have serious issues.  I'd considered it, although after seeing Nat's beautiful and successful Makie-BJD hybridization, l think I'd be more inclined to go that route. Wink
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:25 am

Purple_Monkfish wrote:the ballet hands actually look really lovely as a pair. My Jian has them, they're so dainty *snort*

Had hoped for a peace and both rock in cocoa but alas. Maybe at some point someone will part with theirs. They're only really useful for certain photos after all.

Eep! Sorry, p_m! It was me that sniped the V-hands. Though, I don't need two of them, so I'd be willing to sell or trade one away. I'd been looking for a way for my girls to play rock, paper, scissors.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:03 am

lol Jupiter, I knew it was a familiar username! but I lost my desk list of ids

I might take you up on that, I only wanted one anyway for Juniper.

JR, maybe you're right. Though I wonder if the classic heads will fit at all. Hmmm... their neck joints are different as well,  there's a little hole for wires and such.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:06 pm

More stuff going up tonight! He's already listed a few wigs and now some more hands! I wonder how many he has! yeesh.

Hoping to be able to snag a set of rock hands in cocoa this round then. And a pink wig, I haven't got any pink wigs and I feel a NEED to own one lol.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8