The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Website, account log-in problems!

+5
Purple_Monkfish
DollYay
ozma06
Okore
JRyu
9 posters

Go down

New Website, account log-in problems! Empty New Website, account log-in problems!

Post by JRyu Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:20 pm

Has anyone else reset their password for the new Makies website and found all their virtual Makies missing? pale

Mine are! affraid

All I get when I click on "My Makies" is a completely blank page! Shocked

I've sent an email to customer support, I really hope they can get all my virtual Makies back!

There are still several Makies I want/need to make real, and there is no way I can possibly successfully recreate them all over again! Crying or Very sad

Plus, I like having a record of all the ones I've made, the ones I've made real and the ones still virtual. Neutral

I want my Makies back! Sad
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

New Website, account log-in problems! Empty Re: New Website, account log-in problems!

Post by Okore Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:56 pm

Mine are there, though it took me a while to figure out, they're now sorted in order of which ones have been edited most recently.

I think the new website still needs a lot of kinks worked out...hopefully you haven't lost all your Makies, that would be very sad! Sad

Okore

Back to top Go down

New Website, account log-in problems! Empty Re: New Website, account log-in problems!

Post by ozma06 Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:28 pm

Mine are still there, although the placing [like Okore said] is different. Also, I can't see my followers/people I'm following's accounts  Sad

Did you try reloading the page?
ozma06
ozma06

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:28 am

Yes, several times!  No Makies!

The only thing I haven't tried was to log in and try creating a new Makie to see if the others would show up after the new one went to saved.

That idea occurred to me just a few minutes ago, but I haven't tried it yet, mostly because I'm a little worried it might somehow interfere with Makie Support being able to restore my original virtual Makies.

Logically, I can't really see any reason why it would interfere, but I just don't know enough about computers to know for sure whether it would or not.

It's going to take a day or two before Support gets back to me, I just wish I was tech savvy enough to know if it would be safe to try creating a new Makie to see if the rest would appear when the new one was saved.  

Lol, it's not like I looked at my virtual Makies every day, but now that I suddenly can't......
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:37 am

You see now I have another problem! I had an under 13 account and now I can't login at all! I emailed support and they said to check it out in 48 hours because they are changing the site and things are "a bit wobbly". I had asked if I could ever login in again and they did not seem to answer that. Arg. Mad Hopefully they get the site situated soon 'cause other wise all my virtuals are down the drain. Sad
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:40 am

I couldn't log-in either, until I followed the link in the email announcement from MakieLabs, and reset my password.

I didn't get that email until this morning though.

Did you get an email like this from MakieLabs, DollYay?

Makies
Hello jryu (mymakie.com),

We'd like to let you know that we have a new and upgraded Makies site, and you're receiving this because you have a Makies account on this email.

The new site is much more flexible, and full of brand new outfits and accessories, too - but we're asking you to please reset your password to give you continued access to your account.

Click here to reset your password. Thank you!

Maintaining your account means access to your...

Saved Makies - ready to buy!
Order Status
Past Orders
Shipping Address Book
... and more. See you there!

Thanks again,

<3

Team MakieLab.

p.s. If you have any problems with your password, or anything else on the new site, please email support@mymakie.com and we'd be delighted to help.

About Us
Customer Service
Makies
3 Gunthorpe Street
London
, E1 7RQ,
United Kingdom

If you didn't find one, and your email has a active spam filter, you might want to check your email's spam folder for it.

Lol, I finally just turned my spam filter off, important emails kept ending up in the spam folder, while all the real spam was just piling up in my inbox!
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Because the under 13 accounts did not require an email, I did not get that one. I have not had the option to reset, rather I can't even login.Mad I may just have to email them again lol.
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Do you get the log-in page at all?  
Does it have an option to click on if you've forgotten your password?  

If it does, you might try that, which should provide you with a way to reset your password.

Of course, even if you are able to reset your password and log-in you might find yourself in the same boat that I'm in, but at least you would be able to access your account info, and create new Makies.  Rolling Eyes

If not, then hopefully the folks at the Lab will be able to figure out how to get you successfully logged-in on the new website, and make sure your Virtual Makies get transferred from your old under 13 account. ^_^

They are pretty good at solving problems. Very Happy  

When I made my FabLab Makie character real, I forgot to log-in once it transferred over to the MakieLab website.  As a result Ryuu didn't show up on my Virtual Makies page.  

When I emailed them about it, even though Jen wasn't able to add him to my page, she was able to locate him for me and sent me a link to the page he was on so that I could at least save his image on my
IPad. ^_^
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:07 pm

I couldn't stand it, so I logged in to my account, and created a new Makie.  I went through all the steps up to puting her in my cart to purchase.

Then, I went and checked my "My Makies" page.  No Makies!   Not even the one I'd just created!  

Now she is no where to be seen!   Completely disappeared!

I even tried to back page to where I'd just finished Making her, and instead it took me right back to step one where you pick the Makie you want to customize.

So I made another Makie, and this time I put her in my cart.  Went and checked my "My Makies" page...... Still just a blank white page.....  No old Makies, and no new Makie!

She shows up in my cart, and I was able to save her to my "My Wish List" page.  She is showing up there, but still not on my "My Makies" page! scratch

Has anyone created a new Makie since resetting your password and logging-in to the new site, and did your new Makie show up okay on your "My Makie" page? Neutral
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Okore Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:10 pm

Just to see, I created a new one, and she's in there with the rest of them. Your account must be bugged somehow. Sad Have you already tried doing it with a different web browser?

Okore

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:54 pm

At the moment My only internet access is with my IPad, which I don't think is set up to work using other browsers, so I'm kind of stuck.

I'm hoping it's just something that MakieLabs can easily fix.  Maybe something as simple as changing the name they have my account listed under, to my actual name, instead of: jryu (mymakies.com).

Lol, even my shipping address had jryu as my first name, and (mymakies.com) as my last name!  Parentheses included. ^_~
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:54 am

Well, still no Makies old or new on my "My Makies" page.

The Wishlist page will only hold two Makies, if you try to put a third one in the first one disappears.  

It's working better than it was, but still one would think that you'd to be able to put more than two items on your Wishlist, and that includes Makies.

I'm going to hope that checkout was acting up because they have been working on it today, and not because it's suddenly going buggy again.

See, I was curious to see how much shipping was to the U.S., after purple_monkfish said it was showing £25 to ship within the U.K.  

The only way I could get an invoice with shipping was through the pay with PayPal button.  All I got when I tried the direct payment button, was a page full of code gibberish.

According to PayPal  it was $20.00 if you'd purchased a doll, or a doll and additional items.  

However, apparently if you only purchased wigs, outfits, accessory packs, etc. without a doll, shipping would be $40.00!?!?Shocked  

Huh???  I think I'm going to go back and re-read that, that just doesn't seem right... scratch

Has anyone else with missing Makies heard anything from support?  I mean anything besides the "We're aware of the problems..... There are a lot of glitches we are having to fix...... ETC."

Has anyone received a real progress report, or any actual information as to why we aren't seeing our Makies?

I haven't heard a peep since the email response obliquely acknowledging the problems, and saying that they are working to get things fixed.

Anyway, since I haven't "heard" any cheering yet, I'm guessing nobody else's Makies have magically reappeared either. No
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Nope, mine are gone too and i've just given up on the idea of ever seeing them again. Quite honestly i'm fed up.
I'm sure they are working on it,  but a little heads up over social media wouldn't go amiss you know? just a little "we're aware there's a problem" acknowledgement instead of being bombarded with "buy makies, buy makies" emails. Oh i'd buy damn Makies, IF I COULD but the website's broken so I can't you idiots! ARGHHH

*deep breath* i'm stressed today, so i'm pretty cranky.

But yeah, no Makies magically appearing for me and it's been weeks.

I've heard zero from support at all since they asked for my order number to reprint this broken body back on.. ooo let's see 27th of November. That's the last time I had any contact. I've had not a peep about whether they're printing the torso, when to expect it, nothing. Jen on facebook made a passing remark that it had gone to print but that's not exactly the level of customer service i'd expect. It shouldn't be down to Jen to take time out of her day to tell us stuff customer support should be telling us, it's not her job any more and if I wasn't in the super secret facebook group i'd have zero idea if they'd even gotten my order number.
That's just not okay.

I know they're trying, I know they're working hard but at the same time I feel like they're kinda letting their customer service go out the window and that's not a great plan. It's not some elitist "they should pay attention to us because we're repeat customers" either, there's plenty of first time customers caught in this mess who are getting zero communication as well which won't leave a good impression. If their CS girl is SO swamped, why isn't anyone helping her? And why is fixing the site taking so long? What have they DONE to it? I know they're a small team, but I got the impression they knew what they were doing previously. Is this a case of biting off more than they could chew?
It's makes me anxious because a bad season could really negatively impact the company's ability to bounce back. yes they have delicious Disney money, but if this season is completely borked at the busiest time of the year for them, that's going to severely impact their sales and profits. Less profit means less investment, means longer waits for improvements (like the boys who aren't as profitable as the girl dolls) and even potentially the inability to recover. Now none of us want that, we want Makies to get stronger and stronger but they've really screwed up this month and I am worried about them.
Their CS has become next to non existent, which will concern any customer. It's not good news and i'm genuinely concerned about their ability to fix this mess. I don't even understand WHY they had to switch servers in the first place, particularly not around christmas. I can only assume someone made a bad call, assumed it would all be AOK and switch over fine and then instead everything went wrong.
Come ooon makies, pull yourselves out of this hole, you can do this.
But right now I think it's up to us loyal repeat customers to continue to convince people "they're not always like this! this is a blip and it'll get better!"
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:49 pm

P_m I would just contact support again. I sent one message and no reply for DAYS, then I sent another and I got a reply the next day. It might just be whom they have sent the message to on their team to deal with. 

I too have given up hope for ever seeing mine again. Sad Oh well. Maybe they just need to hire a guy to do some tech support. Another set of eyes never hurts.
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:11 pm

I think they really do need more than one poor person doing customer support, particularly as the company grows.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:27 pm

I've been wondering about that too, DollYay.  

Honestly, just how long are they going to continue to struggle with this seriously borked up website, before they decide to bite the bullet and call in the cavalry.  Rolling Eyes
At this point, I think the cost would be worth it, especially when you consider their potential losses the longer this drags out.
I'm not just referring to us "elitist repeat customers" either. Wink

(I joined the "Secret Facebook Society of Makies" too, purple_monkfish.  I joined early on, before the old forum closed, I just don't go there very often and I seldom post.  It is useful for information, especially since MakieLabs decided to get rid of the old forum and seems to have totally abandoned this forum even after encouraging us all to form a new one.  
It's the condescending, _itchy, and uncalled for comments, like a certain dressing down post someone made on there recently, that tends to put me off social media sites like Facebook.  Especially with all Facebooks references to "friends" and "community".  
I haven't seen a single post, here or there that was actually bad mouthing MakieLabs, all I've seen posted are legitimate complaints, worries and concerns, and people making completely relevant points, and expressing opinions.  None of which merits a scolding from someone who is neither their parent nor their superior.  
It's hard, I know, but you've just got to ignore twits like that, and don't let them get you down! I love you)

Disney's supposedly mentoring the Lab, why don't they ask Disney for help with this?  I'm sure Disney has a boatload of computer programmers and website experts.  I mean isn't that one of the things a mentor is does, is help with problems?
Lol, I'm no expert, but I think this definitely qualifies as a problem! Wink
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:42 pm

When they reprinted Robin's head for me I didn't hear a thing from the Lab. After Jen said they would reprint it, I waited for a shipping notice but I didn't hear anything until my husband called me and told me that I had a package waiting at the shop were we have our mail sent.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:18 pm

Got an email from Jen, they seem to have fixed a lot of the issues.

1: my Makies are now showing up, though they're in a totally random order that makes no sense. But hey, i can see them! I can also edit them and add them to cart.

2: Shipping is fixed my end too, it's £8:60 for anything over £49 which is back to what it used to be.

International people will have to check theirs to see if it's defaulting the correct shipping for you guys now too.

Also, point 3: AN ACTUAL SALE! Makies themselves aren't included, but everything in the shop looks to be discounted to like 50% off if not more. Seriously, this may be a glitch or maybe they're just finally giving us that sale we were promised.
The archaeologist set is like less than £7... the... the temptation is enormous. I... i'm not sure I can resist.

also they have https://mymakie.com/index.php/uk/boingboingmakies.html lucky dips. £20 is a little steep for a mystery but eeeeee
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chove Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:56 pm

Yay, an actual sale!
Chove
Chove

http://chovedolls.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:15 pm

It seems to be £8.60 shipping for everything, I added the lucky bag to my cart and got that.

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:17 pm

I really want a lucky bag, husband wants a lucky bag, the price of the archaeology set is too good to pass on arghhhh. I don't know if I can afford this!
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:35 pm

That's really great purple_monkfish! cheers I'm glad you've got your Makies back. Very Happy

Did any of the "test" Makies you made while the other ones were missing show up too?

I'm real curious to know, because I've made some "test" ones too, and I kept wondering if they were joining my other Makies when they would disappear. I'm kind of hoping that they did.

I've checked a couple of times today, and my Makies are still M.I.A., so maybe they haven't fixed the U.S. Accounts yet. I haven't received any emails from Jen, or even from Emma the one whose been handling most of my support emails.

The Lucky bag looks interesting, I might have to order one.

I already have one each of the career sets coming, I couldn't wait, they just looked too cool. Lol, I'm a pushover when it comes cute doll accessories. Wink

Well, that is if my order went through okay. I haven't received any "gone to print" notices on the two Makies in the order yet, and it just says processing when I check the orders page in my account.

I never received any shipping notice on the order I'm supposedly receiving today. At least, DHL said I had a delivery scheduled for today, and I don't know what else it would be except a Makie.

It should be Cocoa Bean one I ordered as a guest, because my account wasn't working for some reason. Lol, little did I know at the time, what a whole can of worms the reason was going to turn out to be. Rolling Eyes

I have yet to hear back from Emma, even though I emailed ASAP as soon as I got DHLs call. I wanted to confirm that my order had shipped, and to get the tracking number. I wasn't able to get the whole number from the DHL recording, and I need to have the tracking number if leave a note with delivery instructions.

Now I have an appointment to go to, and no package yet. Oh well....
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by SydneyGrey Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:06 am

Now that there's no longer free shipping to my country, I thought I'd see how much the new shipping is.  It's surprisingly cheap!  One doll sent to my part of the United States is right now only 10.42 pounds, or $15.83 U.S. dollars.  (I couldn't get my American keyboard to make the symbol for the British pound.)

With the new sale, I might order a second one.  Gulp.  Temptation!  My girl who is on the way right now needs a friend, though.  You know she does.
SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey

http://dollypanic.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:42 am

yeah I think they'll roll out the fix on the accounts over the next few days. Apparently they were using my account to test stuff lol.
Yes, my test makies have joined the others.

Shipping within the uk is £8:60, there's no longer a first class royal mail option (it was causing an issue?) so that means even if you JUST order a wig or some shoes you'll pay £8:60 postage. Ouch. Way too much for small items.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down