The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Nervous...Wrong Doll Features?

5 posters

Go down

Getting Nervous...Wrong Doll Features? Empty Getting Nervous...Wrong Doll Features?

Post by sigsi Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:57 am

I was debating between starting this topic here or the Off Topic area...wasn't sure which. Shocked
----
So I've been watching around on here and watching on the Official Makies Fan Group on Facebook these past 2 weeks. Twice (if I recall) on the Facebook page people have mentioned having wrong ears on their Makies (one was pierced, the other didn't have elf ears).
I ordered all of my 5 of my Makies with non-pierced elf ears (arrival between Sept 9 and Sept 17). I am positive I ordered correctly as I rechecked their ears and everything else about a million times, but now I have to second guess myself and am becoming paranoid/nervous.
Has anyone ever had a Makie show up wrong/what did you do? More specifically did the Makies Lab ever have a mix up?
I'm getting nervous more so because of the deadline with 3d printed bodies. bounce

Last edited by sigsi on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Getting Nervous...Wrong Doll Features? Empty Re: Getting Nervous...Wrong Doll Features?

Post by littleplaces Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:43 pm

As of yet, I've had great luck with ordering Makies (no mix-ups or anything like that; seven total Makies so far...). But I have noticed the same issues you mentioned above on the FB group. I *think*, the lab does refunds if you aren't satisfied with your order (but don't quote me on that ^^; ). I've not seen any complaints online with order mix-ups, like someone getting the wrong Makie.

I'm worried my first ice frosting panic purchase (ordered Aug. 26) will have pierced ears. Because the creator has been doing pierced by default lately, I'm feeling paranoid that I missed it ;~; So I totally sympathize with you!
littleplaces
littleplaces

Back to top Go down

Getting Nervous...Wrong Doll Features? Empty Re: Getting Nervous...Wrong Doll Features?

Post by sigsi Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:13 am

^Thanks for your reply, it's quite reassuring that your 7 Makies have turned out good.
I think I read something about the labs possibly doing refunds somewhere as well, worst case scenario. I mean it wouldn't be the end of the world if they turned out slightly wrong (if I understand correctly, the heads are the same so I could just reorder one of the new dolls later as she isn't frosting). It's still nerve wracking though. Razz

On a plus note, I went back into the Makie Maker from my profile and tried to edit one of the ones already back from the dye process. The hair was able to be changed to the short hairstyle. Once rotated to the left side of their face I could see my Makie's ears, and zoomed in they are not show up pierced. So if you really want to, you could most likely check from there on your Frosting Makie's ears. Wink
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by DocC Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:49 pm

I originally ordered my doll without pierced ears and wrote to support (Jen) to change them to pierced. I got a great email back explaining to cancel my order and reorder the doll again with pierced ears. I also asked about changing the name and the skin colors. Jen was chatty and full of info. Apparently they enjoy communicating with customers and gave great personal advice. No worries, just get in touch if you need to: support@mymakie.com
DocC
DocC

Back to top Go down

Post by littleplaces Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:08 pm

When I discovered the creator was adding pierced ears automatically, I checked my other "made real" Makies to see if there were any changes and they all now have pierced ears (including the one ordered Aug. 25)  Sad  However, I checked my latest Makie (ordered Sept. 5) and she doesn't have pierced ears.
littleplaces
littleplaces

Back to top Go down

Post by DocC Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:19 pm

So will you change them both to not pierced? Ask Jen what to do.
DocC
DocC

Back to top Go down

Post by littleplaces Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:42 pm

In my case, I emailed support about my Sept 5 order asking if they could tell me whether or not my doll has pierced ears. Jen let me know that they are, in fact, unpierced Smile  Whether or not the Aug 26 Makie has pierced ears will remain a mystery until she arrives o.o'
littleplaces
littleplaces

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:04 am

Well to update, 3 dolls arrived and are perfect. So I am pretty sure I'm safe with all the rechecking I did before I ordered the last two (arriving next week).
Any luck littleplaces with your August 26th doll?
---------------
Second Update (Oct 1): All 7 are here and all are perfect! Smile

Last edited by sigsi on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by littleplaces Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:49 pm

Glad to hear your dolls came as expected, sigsi Smile I bet you're having fun with 3 new Makies in one day ^^

August 26 Makie is with FedEx for the weekend, due to arrive on Monday. I'm almost positive I selected the unpierced option, as I tweaked her ears a little before adding her to my cart.

I wonder if the creator will continue to make ears pierced by default, or if it will be corrected by the time we finally get to see the new bodies.
littleplaces
littleplaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Almostreal Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:50 pm

I'm starting to get paranoid because I ordered my dolls on the 1st September and they haven't shipped yet... Which isn't a problem in itself but I'm scared if they ship late they'll come with IM bodies instead of 3DP!
Almostreal
Almostreal

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:25 am

Almostreal wrote:I'm starting to get paranoid because I ordered my dolls on the 1st September and they haven't shipped yet... Which isn't a problem in itself but I'm scared if they ship late they'll come with IM bodies instead of 3DP!
As long as they were sent to print by Monday the 14th, you should be alright. I ordered two of my dolls on the 1st and 3rd and both came back from the printer yesterday (Tuesday).
Last week I had a doll come back from the printer on Tuesday, ship Thursday Morning and get to my house by midday Friday.

I'm really paranoid though as my last doll was ordered this past Saturday and went to print on Monday the 14th, which if I understood correctly was the last 3dp body run. Ahh the nerves are horrid bounce
----
littleplaces wrote:I wonder if the creator will continue to make ears pierced by default, or if it will be corrected by the time we finally get to see the new bodies.
I'm wondering this myself as well. I'm also wondering if they are potentially switched them to pierced by default for more earring sales? I mean I can't see any other logic to it besides a glitch in the system.... Neutral
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehwereferret Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:32 am

Mine just arrived this past week and she's exactly as I created her.
Tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down