The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unofficial "Make My Makie Match" pre-change quick-buy thread.

+11
littleplaces
jupiternames
Purple_Monkfish
Artful Owl
Lace
Miss Heny
nattherat
ForestGreen
Chove
ichibidrop
IndigoAndAsh
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Unofficial "Make My Makie Match" pre-change quick-buy thread. Empty The Unofficial "Make My Makie Match" pre-change quick-buy thread.

Post by IndigoAndAsh Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:39 am

OK, 'fess up - how many of us went and placed and order as soon as they heard about the change? Who did you order? Is it someone specific you've been wanting a while, or a new idea?

I ordered two characters from a story I've been on-off writing for years, Jordan and Angie. (Thankfully they're the only two young characters, the others would be too hard to Makie without serious customisation because of age.) I was saving up and had promised myself I would get them once they went on sale, probably near Christmas.

Since I have a bunch of Bratz Boyz clothes that are perfect for tomboys, Jordan has been ordered in the purple check dress which will be handed straight to Angie on arrival. So her gallery picture looks just _wrong_ right now. I would have liked darker caramel but I'll be happy with whatever I can get - as far as I can tell the tone is still clearly different to the vanilla white.

Ordered: Saturday 22nd August
Went to Print: Monday 24th August

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

The Unofficial "Make My Makie Match" pre-change quick-buy thread. Empty Re: The Unofficial "Make My Makie Match" pre-change quick-buy thread.

Post by ichibidrop Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:54 am

Dude. I'm like. Waiting for my financial aid so that I can order two of my girls that I wanted to order by the end of the year or next T.T I have Maddie who is strawberry milk, so I'm ordering Daliah who is Cocoa and Lacey who is Caramel (hope she's not that pale). There are two other dolls I really wanted to get with the 3D printed bodies, but I can't justify the expense :p At least I get one of each color, plus my OCs don't come in bizarre colors so I should be fine. I just hope the texture in the new bodies will not be too ugly :/
ichibidrop
ichibidrop

Back to top Go down

The Unofficial "Make My Makie Match" pre-change quick-buy thread. Empty Re: The Unofficial "Make My Makie Match" pre-change quick-buy thread.

Post by IndigoAndAsh Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:10 am

Yeah, everyone I want to make is in a human skin colour so I'm not really affected by the no-dyeing thing. I'd like to get a Cocoa Makie at some point just because they look so good, but that can wait.

Hope your aid comes in soon so you can get them ahead of the deadline. (I did some squinting over "Do I want to wait until Thursday when my paycheck comes in, or is that risking them running out?")

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Chove Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:19 am

I ordered "BlushNano," who I made while messing around making cute wee faces. I was going to wait a while to get her but I want her to match the other girls so I ordered her on Sunday after thinking about it for, oh, hours at least. I didn't want to regret not getting her now, you know? I don't have any other Makie-faces that I want quite as badly, so she could be my last but probably not because making them is addictive.
Chove
Chove

http://chovedolls.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:52 am

I ordered Frost who is all white, and I wanted Robin to match Sage so I ordered him too. I saw some people on Facebook mention not being able to order their dolls because the wig they wanted was out of stock so I ordered my dolls as soon as I could.
I'm hoping to make a second order of bits and pieces later in the week. Jen mentioned that they will be tweaking the joints a bit to fit the new bodies so I want to order the medium and high heel feet in both strawberry milk and white now but I decided to wait on news about whether they still have some old hand packs in stock before I order them. I'd like to buy the hand packs too if they have enough left to put up for sale. I want eyes too....

https://mymakie.com/people/forestgreen/

Last edited by ForestGreen on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to my virtual dolls)

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:32 am

Haha I sure did! I won't actually be affected much by the body change, there are still makies I plan to get further down the line, and only some sort of massive dip in quality or something would dissuade me. I think the new bodies will probably be a-ok for me.

But I ordered one that is meant to go with the two existing makies I have. Just in case there are any larger visual/tactile differences, I wanted to make sure he matched the other two!
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:09 pm

Hehe, I got 3 planned to be ordered friday.

One cocoa boy, one strawberry xir (female based), and one caramel mini me.
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by Lace Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:47 pm

I'm probably going to be purchasing one of my space kids before the week is out because they're one I intend to dye. I'm a little bummed though because I'd been planning to buy them and their girlfriend together but I don't think I can splash out £100 right now. I shouldn't really be spending £50.
Lace
Lace

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:32 pm

I ordered Morel, a companion for Sour. She is white, and I have plans to dye. Another white girl and boy from the same story are being left behind. I'm sorta crushed by this new body change on multiple levels as most of the rest of my plans included a rainbow of elf makies. I'm reserving a final judgement until we know more about the new body, but as of now, for the purposes of my own collection, I'm not optimistic.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:38 pm

This definitely seems like it's going to hit the people with non-human coloured plans hardest.

I'm really curious to see what I end up with - the hair isn't "quite" right for either of them, what I wanted was a long black wig parted in the middle, and a light brown/reddish wig - I've ended up with Sadako and Tawny - pictures I've seen of Tawny range anywhere from reddish dark brown to flaming ginger. So I might end up swapping those out at a later date. But it's fun to anticipate/try and guess.

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:23 am

I ordered my two goblinoids, they need to be dyed so it was rather crucial to get them. (Moniker and Alias)

I had a couple who were going to be dyed as well but I can't justify them and they were more "eventually" ones anyway. Most of my "characters" were going to be human toned so it should be ok on that front.
I had 3 others I was going to order white, one was a comic book character who needed to be dyed but I can't justify going down that route anyway, if I start buying dolls of characters from other things it'll be an even slipperier slope lol.
One I was going to tea dye so she'd be pale but I can just order her in strawberry, it'd be ok.
And the final one was going to be like my white girl Sa'dii but thinking on it this morning, i'm wondering if he might look better in cocoa anyway. I'm thinking some lovely rich greens to go with the brown, that could be quite attractive.

But it's sad to 1: lose white when it was so versatile for customisation purposes and 2: the ability to dye.
that said, we may be able to colour the bodies still, with spraypaint (it chips around the joints though so it's not perfect). It would be the same method you'd use to recolour playline fashion dolls like Monster High, but with Makies being so much more tempting to pick up, handle and play with i'm not sure the paint will survive as well. I have painted mh dolls, but they sit on a shelf, they're not really handled or posed that often so it minimises chipping. Wheras my Makies I pick up several times a week, constantly redress, pose, play with... hahaha, i'm a big kid when it comes to the Makies, they just... inspire play.

I do think the IM plastic will be easier to drill holes in and cut though, easier to carve too. So there's that trade off.
I'm just hoping the seam lines aren't too obvious. I'll need to sand the heck out of them if they are, really sticky out seams drive me mental.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:23 pm

Frost and Robin went to print on Monday. I'm hoping to make my "bits order" before Frost and Robin get shipped so everything can go in one box and get shipped together but I haven't heard anything yet about when they will put the last of the old hand packs back in the shop.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:25 pm

I ordered four on Wednesday. I'm thinking two more may find their way into my shopping cart...
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:50 pm

Lol we're all scraping for loose change now aren't we?

the new price though, means I can buy a Makie a month *snort*
ok, means I can't buy anything else that month, but still! even with new bodies, I can't see my addiction being at all helped.

I just gotta decide which white one to order before they stop making them. I'm AGONISING but ideas are forming slowly.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:30 pm

Yeah, I feel like once I see the new body I'll want a Makie. In spite of worrying about it now.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:41 pm

I just went back and got shoes - sadly had to pay shipping because I didn't think of it at the time, but I don't want to run the risk of them changing the feet. So, three pack of the basic shoes, and then I'll have a spare pair of shoes for each Makie.

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:52 pm

Welp, 3 new makies are *hopefully* going to be on their way to print next week, probably will be in one of the last batches ;-;
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:51 pm

The poor peeps at the lab, they must be so overworked at the moment haha! ^^;
It's exciting that so many of us will all end up with new dolls around the same sort of time though. 

IndigoAndAsh, maybe you should make a "The Unofficial "Make My Makie Match" gallery thread" after we start receiving them! XD
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:07 pm

yes yes yes! hahah. I'm gonna go order my white boy, last chance I suspect to ever have one and i'll kick myself if I don't. *sigh* I impulse bought some stuff today though, because i'm bad but oh well. I shall sell things on ebay to make back monies! YES.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:15 pm

nattherat wrote:
IndigoAndAsh, maybe you should make a "The Unofficial "Make My Makie Match" gallery thread" after we start receiving them! XD

Definitely will!

Though I just realised I still haven't posted any more pictures of Tara since the first blurry few. I'm in the middle of a major rearrange, so I'll have to do that as soon as I have a flat surface.

Next trip: To Ikea tomorrow for another set of furniture. (For the Makies, not me. I have plenty of furniture. If I had less, it would be easier to rearrange.)

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:02 pm

I want the high and mid feet in 2 colors, shoes for Robin and Frost who are still out for printing, and hand packs in two colors if I can get them. I think Jen said there were some hand packs available but they were working on the details of how to sell them to us. I'm waiting to make my second order until we get word on the hand packs because I want to order enough to qualify for free shipping to the US.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:11 pm

I want more feet ;-; haha two of my sweeties were heels and need high feet.
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:04 am

You can still get some of those things here: https://mymakie.com/shop/catalogue/bits-and-parts/, if you haven't already seen! 
And here's the hand packs: https://mymakie.com/shop/catalogue/expression-hands-bundle_6593/ (only available in white)
https://mymakie.com/shop/catalogue/action-hands-bundle_6592/
I couldn't afford a hand pack when I bought my pre-change makie (as much as I want one Sad ), but I did buy some high heeled feet.
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:12 am

I couldn't get all of those sadly ATM ;-;
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:00 am

nattherat wrote:You can still get some of those things here: https://mymakie.com/shop/catalogue/bits-and-parts/, if you haven't already seen! 
And here's the hand packs: https://mymakie.com/shop/catalogue/expression-hands-bundle_6593/ (only available in white)
https://mymakie.com/shop/catalogue/action-hands-bundle_6592/
I couldn't afford a hand pack when I bought my pre-change makie (as much as I want one Sad ), but I did buy some high heeled feet.

Monday, Jen commented on a post on the Makies Facebook group about the bits and parts section of the store.
"So, we hid the Bits and Parts category deliberately. We didn't delete it (obvs), so if you go hunting you'll find it, but we'd rather nobody ordered that stuff for logistical reasons."

The feet are still in the Everything category so they're fair game right now, but the hand packs and eyes are not. Jen has said that they are counting up stock of the hand packs and will offer them up for sale when they have the logistics figured out so I figured I'd be polite and wait for her to let us know when they are ready for us. i want to wait to order the feet and shoes until I can also order the hands so I can qualify for the free shipping to the US.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next