The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May the fourth be with you (the starwars thread)

+3
MissRead
ozma06
Purple_Monkfish
7 posters

Go down

May the fourth be with you (the starwars thread) Empty May the fourth be with you (the starwars thread)

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon May 04, 2015 3:23 pm

It's May the 4th! So share your Makie costumes, lightsabres and general geekery!
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

May the fourth be with you (the starwars thread) Empty Re: May the fourth be with you (the starwars thread)

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon May 04, 2015 3:26 pm

May the fourth be with you (the starwars thread) 10995367_366177806908647_3455293790261065985_n

Sith Lord Ig. He insists he's a Sith Lord, I wasn't about to argue when he jammed that lightsabre into my face. 

May the fourth be with you (the starwars thread) 603739_366177793575315_3681743783441516999_n

August set his "ewoks" on him, they didn't last long. Nor did August after he told Ig evil suited him.

May the fourth be with you (the starwars thread) 11182769_366177800241981_2247401701562991970_o

Ig's spent the day pretending to force choke his brother, brandishing that sabre and generally being obnoxious. I don't think he's gonna be happy to go back to his normal getup tomorrow. Heh. He's a bit too comfortable as a bad guy.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

May the fourth be with you (the starwars thread) Empty Re: May the fourth be with you (the starwars thread)

Post by ozma06 Mon May 04, 2015 5:52 pm

They look great!
ozma06
ozma06

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Mon May 04, 2015 7:24 pm

They look great - looks like he has had great fun as well.   I was hoping to do something star wars orientated today but ended up going out with hubby instead.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon May 04, 2015 8:17 pm

Heh, I made the robe and light sabre last night. I managed to find some time. It's a really badly made costume when you look close but it worked fine for photos so it's ok. pretty pleased with the sabre though. I might have to make another few lol.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Mon May 04, 2015 8:48 pm

it is all great!  The sabre is very cool!  Like the Zelfs as well - we have a few of those here as well...
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Tue May 05, 2015 1:29 am

Brandishing his lightsaber and generally being obnoxious? I'm glad the whole Atlantic Ocean is between him and Pepper. That sounds like something she could get into. Are they twins or is one older?
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Tue May 05, 2015 6:23 am

Lizzie's Jedi outfit is still in progress (she's wearing her white blouse instead of the normal robes and obi) but she's still a servant of the light side. She really wants a 1/6th scale replica Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber.

May the fourth be with you (the starwars thread) <a href=May the fourth be with you (the starwars thread) 17167647527_14789cbd2c

May the fourth be with you (the starwars thread) <a href=May the fourth be with you (the starwars thread) 17375444431_4538177cd5
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue May 05, 2015 8:05 am

lovely robes! So much better than my hasty attempt lol. I'll have to make some decent ones next year, get all the redheads involved *snort*

Ig and August, they're actually triplets but Cass is still hanging out at Makie Labs. I think he's enjoying the freedom heh.

omg adorable Jawa, want it! lol.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Tue May 05, 2015 11:51 am

Even though I'm a huuuuuuuuge Star Wars geek, all I really did was wear my Star Wars t-shirt. Hehe I did make a lightsaber a while ago but I can't find it, when I do I will post some pics though!

Last edited by DollYay on Tue May 05, 2015 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Tue May 05, 2015 3:24 pm

Thanks! I started the robes for Halloween, but when I saw your thread, I knew it was time to put the final touches on. The robe itself is actually supposed to be to 501st specifications, but the sleeves are too narrow after I hemmed them. I've got a few failed Jedi shirts lurking around, but on that front, I'm going to start from square one. Again. Fourth time's a charm?

I need to figure out how to post patterns on here or just put them on Etsy for some nominal fee. I don't have a scanner, unfortunately.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Tue May 05, 2015 3:25 pm

DollYay wrote:Even though I'm a huuuuuuuuge Star Wars geek, all I really did was wear my Star Wars t-shirt. Hehe I did make a lightsaber a while ago but I can't find it, when I do I will post some pics though!

That would be great! I should try making one, too.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Tue May 05, 2015 4:25 pm

Yaaass!  I'm loving all the May 4th photos. Adorable isn't the right word, but it is the one I'm using.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue May 05, 2015 5:31 pm

Omg I would LOVE patterns!
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Tue May 05, 2015 7:24 pm

I feel sort of bad, I think members here have expressed interest in my patterns, but from what I can tell, it would really help if I could scan. The only other thing I can think is to mail pattern pieces.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue May 05, 2015 8:18 pm

I have a scanner, no working printer.. but the scanner seems to work. Maybe we need some sort of collaboration of sorts.
Though if you can lay the pieces totally flat and photograph them exactly from above, that works the same as scanning. Heh, it's a bit tricky though.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Wed May 06, 2015 12:48 am

Yes! That would be pretty funny. Sending pattern pieces to the UK to be scanned. Hah. Not that I'm opposed to doing that. In terms of using a camera, I don't have the most steady hands, but more so I worry about the pieces printing to the right size. I'm sure I could find a scanner somewhere--work, the library. But I'd want to get everything collected and ready before that. Much of my pattern making is sloppy and needs some editing so that it can be understood.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Samseramsamsam Wed May 06, 2015 8:28 am

Aaaah, I just love all your Jedi and Sith clothes Smile Where did you get the adorable little light sabers?

... great, not I want to buy black or brown yarn to try and knit a Jedi robe -_-
Samseramsamsam
Samseramsamsam

http://insomnimaniacs.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed May 06, 2015 10:21 am

the light sabers are actually straws heh. There's a Froggy Stuff tutorial on how to do it, but basically you get a straw, cut it to size and glue thin strips of paper around one end to make the handle. You glue more over the top to make the different levels and make it all 3d and then bam, done.

Ig refuses to give his up and I find myself kinda wanting to make some for the others now hahaha. Cass will probably want a blaster instead though, just to be awkward.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Thu May 07, 2015 2:51 am

Everyone need a little blaster backup now and then. Plus, everyone loves Han Solo, right?!

I'm definitely considering making some for my girls. I wonder who would want what color. Nikki's definitely the blaster sort, too.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down