The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which features do you prefer?

+7
Purple_Monkfish
nattherat
JRyu
Artful Owl
jupiternames
DollYay
Almostreal
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which features do you prefer?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Which features do you prefer?

Post by JRyu Sun May 03, 2015 12:56 pm

Purple_monkfish, I'm glad your's and your sister's childhood companions are safe too. I still have my "bear" that I've had since before I can remember I say "bear" in quotes, because I'm not sure exactly what he is supposed to be...... a dog, or a rabbit, he may even possibly be a koala. Lol, for all I know he could even be a stuffed toy version of some cute cuddly creature from the demon realm! Very Happy

Originally, he had pale blue fur with a white cloth face, and possibly white belly fur too, although now he's sort of two shades of pale oatmeal grey. I think he had black shoe button eyes, but they've long been gone, now he just has two small holes where his eyes were. I really need to mend those holes, and find him some new eyes. Instead of ears he has always had these two hanks of what used to be white yarn, sort of like tassels. He doesn't have any sort of a tail, and I'm pretty sure he never had one. Lol, I must have held him by his legs a lot, because they have become very long and skinny, while his arms are quite short and fat. ;D

I'd post a picture of him, but he's packed away with several of my other stuffed animals, waiting for my carpenter friend to build them some special shelves on which to live. ^_^
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sun May 03, 2015 2:48 pm

JRyu wrote:Well, I'd probably go with caramel, since it's my favorite, but it really depends on how he looks and his story background.  I mean, if he is supposed to be a ghost, or if he comes from a country where people are usually very fair skinned, then you probably would want to go for white.

Do you have virtual images of him with the different skin colors that you could post?  I'd go look at your gallery pic's, but I'm still stuck in mobile version, so I can't see anyone's signatures at the bottom of their posts. -_-
Which features do you prefer?  - Page 2 Lolly110Which features do you prefer?  - Page 2 Lolly210they are actually two different designs but they are very close if not the same.
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sun May 03, 2015 4:16 pm

JRyu wrote:I'm glad your Ann and Andy are both doing fine, jupiternames.   You are so lucky to have them with you.

I'm not sure my mother ever really understood just what Mary Ann Jones meant to me, she was never a doll person, even as a child.   She never really played with her dolls, they just sat on her dresser and looked pretty.   Once in a while she would change their outfit or fix their hair and sit them back on the dresser.   She never said what happened to them, I suppose she gave them to her younger sister Barbara when she left to go to nurse's training.   They were just pretty objects to my mother, that decorated her room.   Objects she had no more use for as a student nurse.   She was genuinely surprised at how angry and upset I was by what she had done.   It probably sounds silly, but to me it was the same as if she had killed a living thing!

So to her Mary Ann was just an object that was falling apart, and not even a pretty object!   She was never happy with how Mary Ann had turned out.   I suspect she was embarrassed by what she considered to be her hideous, failed attempt at rag doll making.

I'm afraid I never let her forget what she had done either, for years it was my parting shot in any argument we had.......much to my father's amusement. ^_^
Although, I think in a way he understood how I felt about Mary Ann and how much she meant to me, far better than my mother could.  I always sort of felt his non spoken sympathy and support whenever I played my "trump card" as it were. ^_~

Once Mary Ann was burned, I gave up any hope of giving her a new body.   Without her old body as a reference, I knew we wouldn't be able to successfully recreate her, even if I did manage to guilt my mother into trying.

However, while I can't give her a new rag doll body, recently it occured to me that I just might be able to create a Makie body for her spirit to live in, I'm hoping it will work! ^_^

I think it's hard to have a parent who doesn't understand you. My mom is not very into dolls, but she understands how attached I get to my little friends.  She liked her dolls as a child and had an older brother who used to ruin them when he was mad at her. Of course it upset her a lot, so I think she just accepts that I still feel this way as an adult. I'm crossing my fingers that you will feel like you have Mary Ann back.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Sun May 03, 2015 6:20 pm

I can only imagine how angry and distraught you were Jryu as I know how upset I am about my special things being destroyed accidentally, but on purpose that is just unbelievable, even if your Mum didn't consider the toy 'good enough' to burn her knowing how much you loved her just seems well so very mean and thoughtless.

Good luck with Mary Ann Makie!  I hope she is all you hope she will be.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun May 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Well sadly my sister's bear didn't make it when we emigrated. He was left in storage and well... bad things happened. I think i've mentioned it before elsewhere. Everything was lost, except what we'd taken with us. Because I took my "bear" (I also have no clue what he's meant to be, he's like.. maybe a mouse.. a rat? a marsupial of some sort? I have no clue) with me he's safe, I even took him to university! hah.
Heck, I didn't stop sleeping with him till my eldest son was born (yeah that's right, husband had to share me with a stuffed rodent! HAH)
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Almostreal Thu May 14, 2015 11:36 am

Would't it be fun to have one raised eyebrow and one side of the mouth smirk option? Very Happy
Almostreal
Almostreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehwereferret Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:27 am

I'm hoping they'll expand the hair colors, because I'm bumming there is no wigs for redheads. Apparently the Amy one is a redhead, but I'm looking for more orangey like my husbands.

I'm also hoping they'll bring back more options for the male Makies.

I'm loving the new body styles though. I looked through my creations from back in 2013 and compared to Talia, my previous creations look creepy.  Although I wish they had the Skeleton sweater still
Tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Okore Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Most of my Makies have their eyes and eyebrows close together, and long noses. My three real-life Makies all have big cheeks and small chins, but my new addition, Deanna, is going to look quite different so I'm excited to see her!

I wasn't a fan of the caramel color, but it could have been that my particular doll was a bit too grey in tone.

Oh! And the black eye color is my favorite. I think it's stunning.

Okore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2