The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What you making?

+5
Almostreal
Purple_Monkfish
ForestGreen
ichibidrop
IndigoAndAsh
9 posters

Go down

What you making? Empty What you making?

Post by IndigoAndAsh Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:22 am

What's your currently Work (or Works) In Progress for your Makies?

I have vague plans and a small stash of material for making clothes, but at the moment I'm working on a quilt for Angie while I learn how to use my new sewing machine - I have the basic nine-patch front and plain back sewn together, they're in shades of purple, then I'm going to hand-quilt it by embroidering on some kind of design, just haven't picked out what yet.

I'm also painting a small wooden trunk for Tara - I may end up redoing with a better quality base (This one was a quid from The Works, so there's only so much can expect, but I wanted to test out a few ideas) - but it's meant to look "homemade" - orange inside, blue outside.

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

What you making? Empty Re: What you making?

Post by ichibidrop Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:29 am

My biggest challenge is turning a blonde wig green. Aside from that I still have two faceups to do for the new girls and I also need to make more clothes and a pair of shoes. My older girl Maddie lost one of hers and stole a pair from one of the new girls.
ichibidrop
ichibidrop

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:59 am

I've been crocheting things for my two girls and I'm on the hunt for something masculine-looking for Robin. I also need to scrape up some more creativity somewhere so I can work on the slipper pattern I've started.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:01 am

I've been playing with my new sewing machine.
On my list of things I need to get off my butt and make, a leather sorta tribal thing for Pseudonym and an orange fur wig, though finding long ply orange fur is proving a wee bit tricky.

More hats too, because one can never have too many doll hats hahah.

I also gotta make some goggles (biker or pilot style) and I may attempt some steampunkish ones if I can find small bits and bobs to use.

Mostly i've got to buy a load of stuff for scene setting, but i'm cheap and lazy haha.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Almostreal Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:13 pm

At the moment I'm making a tunic out of sued-y stretch fabric for Sandy, who has yet to arrive.
Almostreal
Almostreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chove Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:29 pm

I got some polycotton fabric "fat quarters" off the internet, so I think I will be making dresses and possibly a coat. This would be less doomed if my girls were more dress-wearing types, as it is I like making the things and then they never wear them. Sigh Smile
Chove
Chove

http://chovedolls.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Today I have made three pairs of trousers/pants, a shirt, and two dresses for my new arrivals :-)
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Chove Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:02 pm

It's a sewing frenzy!
Chove
Chove

http://chovedolls.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:10 pm

Indeed! Last night I finished the pants I started over the weekend and then started a shirt for Ilaria! She will have a whole outfit soon!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:28 pm

I made a wig heh. It was a test of concept basically. still can't get the parting neat using the glue method though, I shall need to work on that. I might try to sort of sew the part section and glue it underneath next time so it's neater. Need to make some more simple wig caps later on.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:48 am

Lol, I'm still working on face ups for the last bunch I ordered. Razz I've been doing a face here, and a face there, as the mood strikes me. Usually when I really need to/should be doing something else. ;D

I've just about finished all the Dyrewulfven, except for one or two who still need a little more work.

Meanwhile, out of the caramel bunch, I've managed to finish Slaughterfoxx, and his partner(?)/girlfriend(?) Cosa. Her name is actually Pocosa, but no one in the band calls her that. Surprisingly La La, (Lydotla), was one of the first to get finished. Most of the other remaining caramels just need their existing face ups darkened a bit, with possibly a little tweaking here and there.

Out of my strawberry Makies, Styxx still needs her Goth/Punk make up done. I've got to try out some test face ups on paper first, and then get my courage up to tackle doing hers for real. However, I am pretty happy with how her girlfriend Cyfer's face up turned out. I just need to add some gloss to her lips, and maybe some glitter or shimmer to her eyelids. I also need to work on Flan's face up a bit more, it's still not quite to my liking. 9_9

Mary Ann Jones, currently my only white skinned Makie, is the least finished. I need to find/possibly make her some brown eyes, and her current wig, while closer than her original, still isn't quite right. Plus, I haven't even begun to work on her face up. As tricky as the strawberry face ups have been, I'm not exactly eagerly looking forward to attempting Mary Ann's. 6_6

Lol, of course anyone's face up is still subject to being darkened, enhanced, or tweaked, even Ryuu's. Very Happy

Meanwhile, Makie Towers is still inhabited by dragons, which will have to be cleared out and relocated before work can even begin. Lol! ^_~
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down