The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Frosting Makies are Officially Done

+5
Purple_Monkfish
JRyu
Chove
ForestGreen
sigsi
9 posters

Go down

White Frosting Makies are Officially Done Empty White Frosting Makies are Officially Done

Post by sigsi Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:27 pm

So the white-frosting makies are officially done. How is the Unofficial Makie Forum world holding up? Did you guys get all of your white-frosting orders in? No one died (hopefully tongue)?
I didn't even want a white-frosting Makie to begin with, but figured I'd regret it later if I didn't (which I am now glad I ordered one). I *almost* ordered a second one, but couldn't justify it (having already ordered a total of 5 makies in this mass-order time frame, and am currently unemployed). I kind of think it would be cool to have a total add up of white makies this month in comparison to the rest of the monthly orders...I could see that number being quite a bit higher. Wink
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

White Frosting Makies are Officially Done Empty Re: White Frosting Makies are Officially Done

Post by ForestGreen Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:06 am

I noticed that I don't have the option to buy or even edit Frost now so I'm glad I ordered her when I had the chance. I'd have liked to have a male counterpart for her but I've already spent way too much this month.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

White Frosting Makies are Officially Done Empty Re: White Frosting Makies are Officially Done

Post by Chove Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:39 am

I'm lucky cos the white ones never really appealed to me. Actually I seem to be a bit nervous about pure-white-faced dolls, like BJDs without face-ups and so on. Still it's sad for everyone who loved the white option Sad either to keep them that colour or to dye them.
Chove
Chove

http://chovedolls.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:48 am

Yeah, I never thought I'd seriously want to actually order any of my white skinned Makies either, even though I'd created a few for fun.

Then, when I realized I could re-create a beloved childhood rag doll, that my mother had hand made for me, well there wasn't any choice.
Mary Ann Jones was made from an old white bedsheet, so she had to be white.

Of course, she was going to be my only white one.

However, when I read that they were going to discontinue the white skin color, that changed everything! The thought that Inspectre Raithe Haunt would have to remain a virtual Makie forever, well, he was just too good of a Makie character for that. Being that he is a ghost, he just naturally needed to be white.

So okay, two white ones......

Then I remembered Shoi's mentor and adviser, Mr. C, he is one I definitely want to make real, and he just has to be white too!

Next, seeing everyone's beautiful dyed Makies.......... Gee, maybe I want to try dyeing a couple of Makies too..... Oh, and there's Satyri, the first white skinned Makie I created..... You know, I really like her, and I'm just not sure she'd be the same in strawberry.........Hey! but she might be a really good candidate for dyeing.......... Hmmm, maybe there's another good candidate for a dye job here........ There's E'so Mee, I've never been quite happy with her features, but her face shape is interesting........ Maybe if I fiddle with her features and tweak them a bit, hmmm..........

Lol, and before I knew it, just like that, I ended up with four white skinned Makies coming! <(^_~)>
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:26 am

Just in case anyone new is a bit confused, I already have Mary Ann Jones at home. She got made real during the last big Makie sale/free shipping period, and she is almost done. ^_^

I just need to get brave enough to darken her face-up a bit, and make it look more like the beautiful embroidered face she had.
Also, I'm having second thoughts about her eyes. I originally thought I remembered her eyes as being blue, and so ordered her with blue eyes. However, seeing her with a more proper looking and colored wig, and wearing clothes very similar to my original Mary Ann Jone's favorite outfit, now the blue eyes don't look right. I'm more and more certain her eyes were lovely brown ones instead.

I really wish I had at least one picture of her, the original Mary Ann Jones, it's been such a long, long time since the last time I was able to see her, it's hard to remember everything exactly. Strangely, as time has washed over them, I've found a lot of my childhood memories have sort of faded to almost sepia tones, like old photographs.
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:06 am

I ordered 2 to dye, then got angsty and ordered a third to stay white knowing i'd regret not having a white boy to complete the collection ( I already have a white girl) and then after I dyed the first two I had this massive NEED to have a purple one... and a green one... and so I sneakily ordered 2 more even though i couldn't really afford it because i'm bad hahah. I don't regret it though, i'm actually glad i did or i'd be really upset today.
As my husband said, it's better to just bite the bullet and have them than regret it later.

I'm looking forward to getting them. Third boy (Tor) is with Fedex for the weekend I believe, the other two went to print yesterday. I've ordered dye for them and hopefully I can get them looking how I want. Dye is a bit unpredictable unfortunately but i'm hoping I can get a nice apple green and a lovely deep intense purple.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:22 pm

I ended up ordering two, a boy and a girl at the very last moment...probably a good thing as I would have been tempted to order some more, but I ordered enough in this last minute rush as it was.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariachne Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:31 am

I'm so disappointed. I was all set to order mine when the price came down but they were sold out on the hair I wanted, so I decided to give it a few weeks for it to come back in stock, and now I can't have my albino girl at all. Sad
Ariachne
Ariachne

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:15 am

I'm so sorry to hear that Ariachne. Sad I think if they allow 3DP bodies to be an option that's available, that'd be good. Even if they only offered strawberry milk, I think you could perhaps pull or sand (you could definitely sand) the dye out if you wanted. But yeah, with the IM bodies, changing the colour of those to suit an albino character would be very hard.

I wonder if they could be bleached with a strong light? Many colour pigments on all kinds of materials get bleached in sunlight after all. Then you could bleach an IM body, and pull the dye from the head (or request that it not be dyed at all). Having a quick google, it looks like people bleach Barbie dolls (sometimes via chemicals, sometimes via sunlight) which will be a very similar plastic, so it is a possibility.

Of course, I don't think you should have to go to that length to make a perfectly ordinary person, but just as suggestions for a potential option.

EDIT: Probably worth mentioning that pulling the dye out/bleaching would be unlikely to result in a pure white makie, but then albino people aren't actually pure white either! I think with some good face-up skills, strawberry milk would make a good base for an albino makie. Frosting might actually make the character look quite cold, and even not alive if you're not careful. ^^;
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehwereferret Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:42 am

I'm peeved about it since this is the first time hearing about it. Sigh
Tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down