The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disney's new line of dolls

+3
jupiternames
DollYay
JRyu
7 posters

Go down

Disney's new line of dolls Empty Disney's new line of dolls

Post by JRyu Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:26 am

I don't know if they are out over in England yet, but have any of you seen Disney's answer to the M.H. And E.A.H. Dolls and storyline yet?
What do you think of them?

I haven't seen any boy dolls out yet, if there will even be any, but Target had a couple of the girls in, and while I don't usually buy girl dolls, I just had to buy Malificent's daughter!
I mean, she is the daughter of Malificent! My absolute favorite Disney villain!
Besides, she has purple and black hair, and a pretty cool purple outfit as well. ^_^

She also came with a neat purple plastic book which has a dragon on the cover. It's not a real book, more like a really thin box, but still cool enough that Lue appropriated it. ^_~
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Disney's new line of dolls Empty Re: Disney's new line of dolls

Post by DollYay Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:09 am

Ah yes the Disney Descendants! You've stumbled along them too! I found them a while ago at a Target but wasn't tempted enough to buy one. If you didn't know they go with a tv movie (that in my opinion wasn't as good as it could have been) and I quite like the dolls though... Smile  Just haven't felt the need to buy one yet! lol
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:52 am

I read a couple reviews on them and I am always happy to see lots of different face shapes in a single line of dolls, but I'm more likely to buy an action figure of Chopper or BB-8 from Star Wars. Or some more Makie sweaters. I have been meaning to pick up some things from our own MissRead!

Anyway, I haven't seen the Descendants in person yet, so maybe I would be charmed by them if I saw them at the store? I think these "daughter of..." and "son of..." doll lines are a little lost on me.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:51 am

I have them and they are great honestly, sadly while the body is close in shape it not wide enough for them to share with makie ;-;
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:22 am

I didn't catch the movie when it was on the TV, but I bought the DVD and added it to my ever growing pile of DVDs that I want to watch.
Lol, at least I'll have something to do in my twilight years, when I'm too old and decrepit to run around at Anime conventions, or do agility with my dogs. Lol! ^_~

The premise sounded cute, and I'm curious to see what Mal is like in the movie.
I want to see if her personality, etc. matches what the doll's appears to be.

DollYay, I never expect too much from American Made-for-TV-Movies anyway, especially the ones that are aimed at children or tweens.
That way I'm always pleasantly surprised by those rare gems where some thought and effort was put into producing something of substance and worth, rather than the usual fluff and dribble.

So far I've only seen the two dolls, Mal and the daughter of one of the Disney royal couples. I don't remember who she was, or which royal couple she was the daughter of, since girly type dolls seldom interest me. ^_^

I'd love to see some of the boy characters from the movie released. However, I've found with Disney that the male characters only get released kind of as an after thought. Plus they don't usually produce them for very long, nowhere near as long as they do the female character dolls.

Hopefully, if they do release some of the boys, they will be a bit more realistic looking, and not as cartoony as the last couple of Disney Prince dolls they made were.
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:31 am

Husband came home with Mal on Friday lol. I'm actually pretty impressed. Her outfit is nice, her hair once cut and rinsed is fine and I enjoy her expressive face. One of the most expressive playline doll faces I think i've ever seen, most dolls have this sort of... default serene or blank expression, not a smirk.

The boys are available via the Disney store and i'm tempted. Jay's outfit is awful though, it's freaking PINK and looks nothing like his movie costume which bothers me greatly. Carlos however is adorable, like.. super stinking adorable.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:11 pm

@P_M Ooh, does that mean they're finally out in the UK? I feel like I've been waiting an absolute AGE for them. They have great face sculpts, I definitely want at least one. I haven't decided on who yet though. Mal is definitely tempting for her expression.
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehwereferret Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:19 am

I just saw one today! They look so cool!
Tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down