The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Etsy and Ebay Store for Makies and other dolls

+2
DollYay
KimonoKittyCat
6 posters

Go down

Etsy and Ebay Store for Makies and other dolls Empty Etsy and Ebay Store for Makies and other dolls

Post by mikimortel Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:35 pm

Hey guys,
I am really thankful for all of you who appreciate my hand-made clothes for Miki (my makie doll)

I have so much spare time now and I am planning on opening an Etsy store for hand made Makie (and other dolls) accessories.
I have some few stuff to put up soon and hopefully ya'l can check it out. 

I already have an eBay account but I prefer to start the Etsy shop because majority of us here go there to shop for Makies. I will also put some stuff on eBay in case some prefer to shop there.

I will give you guys more updates about the things I will put up at the store and also, let me know what you guys want to see. I will try my best to make them.  Very Happy

For starters, I will be selling those crochet bear beanie hats!!! Smile
mikimortel
mikimortel

Back to top Go down

Etsy and Ebay Store for Makies and other dolls Empty Re: Etsy and Ebay Store for Makies and other dolls

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:51 pm

look forward to it! and omg Fizz shall NEED a ridiculous bear beanie hat! Can you make them in bright pink?
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Etsy and Ebay Store for Makies and other dolls Empty Re: Etsy and Ebay Store for Makies and other dolls

Post by mikimortel Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Purple_Monkfish wrote:look forward to it! and omg Fizz shall NEED a ridiculous bear beanie hat! Can you make them in bright pink?
I can make them in bright pink. I actually have two colors in stock right now that i'm ready to put up on Etsy or eBay. WHITE and Brown... I will post pictures of them with Miki later today.

I need to get more yarn in different colors so if you have a color request please let me know. For the price of it, it will be $8.00 + $2.00 shipping for USA buyers (total of $10). I am not sure how much shipping will cost for international buyers but i'm sure it should not be that much... probably a dollar more.... I know some live in UK (i wish i can visit someday).
mikimortel
mikimortel

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:48 pm

I'd def be interested in many silly silly hats hahah. Do link us when you're all set up, it'll be fun.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:25 am

Omg, I will be scanning this thread for when those hats come out. Nala will definitely need a white one, they are so cute.Very Happy
KimonoKittyCat
KimonoKittyCat

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:04 am

Oh yes! Sci will want one, she's greedy like that. In a darkish green, like the minecraft outfit... Basically yes totally I will buy one! Can't wait!
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Etsy and Ebay Store for Makies and other dolls Empty Bear Hats available now on eBay

Post by mikimortel Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:51 pm

Hi guys, I was trying to figure out the ETSY store but for some reason it's not showing me any Paypal payment method when i was setting up. I might have to call the customer service and inquire about it. 

Etsy and Ebay Store for Makies and other dolls <a href=Etsy and Ebay Store for Makies and other dolls Image119" />

For the meantime, I listed the bear hats on eBay  cheers Link here -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/151596524384?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I currently have 5 different colors... brown, cream white, lavender, yellow gold and baby pink. You can order them on eBay for $8.00 each plus $2.32 estimated shipping cost for USA buyers and probably alittle more for International buyers (im sure it will not be that much, probably a dollar more or two)

If you want a specific color or prefer not to buy it from eBay, please send me an email at m.m.hull0310@gmail.com. I can customize them for your makies or other dolls. 

*** Miki loved all the colors and I'm sure your makies will love them too! They are soooo cute!  Embarassed ****

Thank you guys! Smile
mikimortel
mikimortel

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:01 pm

I just bought one of your bear hats on ebay, in lavender. Smile

I think Kyu, my sad little lavender boy, is going to love it!

I can't wait to see what other goodies you come up with for Makies.
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by mikimortel Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:08 pm

JRyu wrote:I just bought one of your bear hats on ebay,  in lavender. Smile

I think Kyu, my sad little lavender boy, is going to love it!

I can't wait to see what other goodies you come up with for Makies.
OHHHH! thank you! I saw it. I actually sent you a message asking what color because it did not appear on the order but this updates me as well... YEY for technology!

i will ship your lavender hat today! Smile thank you again! Hope you and Kyu enjoys it! 

Please post photos after!  cat
mikimortel
mikimortel

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:43 pm

eeee lovely hats! Unfortunately right now it's quoting me $33 for shipping to the UK due to Ebay being a jerk lol. Their international shipping program proves it's an absolute con right there. Thirty three dollars for a hat, that's insane.

Anyway, I think i'll hold off till you get everything sorted and Fizz is here to inform me precisely which colour she would like. (if any hats will fit over her giant frizzy hair that is lol)

Zhi's the only one of my other Makies who would even entertain the idea of a bear hat. Man, they're all such spoilsports.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikimortel Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:15 pm

Thats insane!!!!! Lol. eBay is crazy! Did you check the weight and measurements? Its just a small brown envelope and weighs about 0.90 oz. email me ur zip or area code in UK and City and i will look it up for you. Sorry about that.

Email m.m.hull0310@gmail.com
mikimortel
mikimortel

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:59 am

Purple_Monkfish wrote:eeee lovely hats! Unfortunately right now it's quoting me $33 for shipping to the UK due to Ebay being a jerk lol. Their international shipping program proves it's an absolute con right there. Thirty three dollars for a hat, that's insane.

Anyway, I think i'll hold off till you get everything sorted and Fizz is here to inform me precisely which colour she would like. (if any hats will fit over her giant frizzy hair that is lol)

Zhi's the only one of my other Makies who would even entertain the idea of a bear hat. Man, they're all such spoilsports.

I wish people would just opt out of the Global Shipping programme - it causes unnecessary delays and extra expense and this is just a very good illustration of that!  I think it is used because it is 'convenient' for some and others don't realise that they are enrolled on it as Evilbay does it automatically and you have to 'Opt out'.

This has really spoilt it for a lot of buyers overseas and also for the sellers as they are missing out on a lot of potential sales.  I very rarely bother with USA Ebay now for that very reason as it just makes things too prohibitive but when Ebay first started I used to buy a lot from the US.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:53 am

Yeah I see a lot of complaints about it. Having to opt out is ridiculous. So dodgy they just sneakily add it in there.

I'll pm you later tonight if I remember, i'm a bit unwell today so thinking not my strong suit hah. brain.. not... working right.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:27 pm

Purple_Monkfish wrote:Yeah I see a lot of complaints about it. Having to opt out is ridiculous. So dodgy they just sneakily add it in there.

I'll pm you later tonight if I remember, i'm a bit unwell today so thinking not my strong suit hah. brain.. not... working right.

Yes, I was caught out with it when I listed a load of items a few months back - it was the first time I had listed anything in ages.  Someone in France bought a doll and instead of taking a couple of days to get there like other items I posted to Europe (that I realised had been put on Global Shipping) I couldn't remove the option as apparently once you have a bid it is too late!  Anyway it took over a week!  I was so worried the buyer was going to give me a negative but explained it was completely out of my hands and fortunately the doll eventually arrived.  It is a right con!

Hope you are feeling better soon PM
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by mikimortel Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:26 pm

I spoke to eBay and they mentioned that the price of shipping is based on the US Postal Service's rates. Its not theirs... and unfortunately they can't do anything about it. They suggest that I visit a local USPS office and inquire more about shipping these little hats over to UK at a reasonable and cheap price. I will do that tomorrow and inquire. I went to their website and filled all the info regarding the package weight and size and it's giving me ridiculous amount too! That is too much. I will try my best to resolve this.... if there is nothing I can do, I am soooo sorry to all of you who lives in UK...  Crying or Very sad 

Will let you guys know ASAP.
mikimortel
mikimortel

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:53 pm

Odd, because i've had several people post me stuff from the US for not a huge amount. It's all flat rate envelopes or something, kinda confusing. The us postal system baffles me.
But thank you for trying! Hope you find some answers.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:40 pm

Yes, that does seem odd, I'd definitely go to the post office and ask them what would be the cheapest method to send one to the UK.

I'd take a sample hat along too, so that they can see exactly what you're wanting to send, and that way they will also be able to weigh it.

Was the rate quoted for global priority express? That is rather expensive, because it is essentially a form of express mail, it also is only held for pick-up for an insanely limited amount of time before being sent back! Like three or four days, and holidays and weekends count!

You might check to see if they still offer just global priority, not the priority express, if they do that might be cheaper.

Simply sending them first class, or airmail might be the cheapest way yet, since they do have the global "forever" stamps. Just use a good sturdy envelope, a bit of tag board or cardboard, and some padding for protection.
Again, this would be something to ask about at the post office. Smile

Just don't let them talk you into sending it parcel post, it takes forever for the pkg to get where it's going! Plus, it doesn't have the best track record when it comes to pkgs not getting lost or mislaid, etc.
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:07 am

yeah i've noticed it seems to take a lot longer for post to LEAVE the us than to reach it. It takes about 5 days for something to go from the uk to the us. And up to 14 days for something to come the opposite direction. Some of that is travelling across country to reach the nearest international hub, but even so... the uk system seems to just be that bit more efficient. You'd expect the same sort of delay going the other way because once it touches down in the us, it has to be driven across country anyway.
odd.

I've noticed they seem to sit in depots for like.. a good week before finally getting on a plane. One of my parcels is currently sitting in nashville, waiting... waiting... waiting. Like.. dude! it's been 4 days, where's the plane? *eyeroll*
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:31 pm

Yes, it's not the world's most efficient system, which is probably why they aren't doing well financially. They like to blame it on the Internet and social media, but personally I think it has more to do with the way it's run... That, and the dumb ideas they come up with as solutions. 9_9

Like their talk about closing post offices, and not having mail delivery on Saturdays, as well as Sunday. I think I've even heard mention of them considering only having the post office open 4 days a week! Where would that leave people who can't leave work during the day, and don't get off until after the post offices closes! As it is, a lot of post offices are only open a half day on Saturday anyway!

Great idea, let's make it even harder for people to use the post office..... "Brilliant!" Sheesh! 9_9

Until they invent a reliable teleportation device, people are still going to need a way to send stuff across country and around the world. What the postal service should be focusing on is how to provide that service in a way that is dependable, simple to use, fast, and cheap.... Not more expensive, inefficient, and complicated!

Honestly, about the only good idea they've come up with so far is the "Forever" stamps, which are still good to use even when the postage rate goes up.

But, what can you expect, it is run by the U.S. Government after all... lol! Razz
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down