The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3D printed Makie Companions/Pets

+3
JRyu
Tesa
Artful Owl
7 posters

Go down

3D printed Makie Companions/Pets Empty 3D printed Makie Companions/Pets

Post by Artful Owl Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:26 pm

I have been looking for 3D printed options for pets and companions for my Makies for a while. I like the idea of them being made of the same 3D printed material as Makies. For the sake of consistency, to me it feels like they belong in the same universe (I'm a little quirky.). I came across these awesome things a while ago, and Sour has wanted one as a companion ever since. Does anyone here have experience with this shop? So so so much want.

For my other more human characters I was checking out this Etsy shop.

Sadly though, I think this pet/companion tangent could end up being more expensive than all my Makies combined. All to rich for my blood at the moment......I'll just drool for now. If anyone has something comparable I'd love to see pictures or hear opinions.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

3D printed Makie Companions/Pets Empty Re: 3D printed Makie Companions/Pets

Post by Tesa Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:32 pm

Whoa, those are so expensive! I think it's cool that you can customize those demons(?) almost like Makies Smile I prefer the realistic animals though, I wish I could buy a cat and a bunny... I really can't afford either of those though, since one tiny pet is at least as expensive as two Makies including the insane shipping price of $33 MakieLabs charges since they switched to FedEx.
Tesa
Tesa

https://mymakie.com/people/tesa/

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:09 am

I've been looking at the one shop, mostly because of the little foxes, and trying to think of a good excuse to buy one for Lue or one of my other BJDs.
I never thought about buying one for my Makies.

I've also been hoping that someone might do a little 3D printed jointed poodle eventually.
That one would be for me. ^_~

I did buy Lue a dragon from Eve Studio, one of the first artists to start making 3D companion animals and BJDs.
Here is their website: evethecat.com
They are also out of Russia, and I know there are a few BJD collectors who've bought Eve Studio cats for their BJDs.

The dragon is really cool, but the plastic feels a lot thinner than Makie plastic and he feels a bit more fragile to me.
However, I think that with the smaller animals the same plastic might not feel so thin and fragile.

I'll try and take some pictures of Lue's dragon later, and post them.
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:37 am

They're all gorgeous, but yeah, very pricey. I can see why though with the level of detail in them.

I've been coveting the demons since I first saw them. I have one Makie who's turning out a little supernatural, so she seems like the type who would end up with a demon pet.

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:39 pm

I'm lusting after the sable ferret in the Elleo shop now but there is no way I could afford it unless I win a big jackpot in the lottery that I never play.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:11 am

Thanks for the site JRyu. I'd love to see the dragon! Also, glad you are back. We missed you.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by ichibidrop Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:23 am

Ahhhhh T.T I want a chihuahua dog and some of the wolves! My makie Maddie actually has a chihuahua dog pet and has a five dog-wolf hybrid army so it would be so cool to have 3d printed versions of her animals. If only they didn't cost an arm and a leg.
ichibidrop
ichibidrop

Back to top Go down

Post by Almostreal Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:55 pm

If I ever win the lottery I'm getting a BJD ferret! 

3D printed Makie Companions/Pets Il_570xN.822350241_tte3
Almostreal
Almostreal

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:49 am

Same here Almostreal, that ferret is absolutely fantastic. My landlords wouldn't be able to complain about a BJD ferret either.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down