The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feburary orders

+5
Vaergo
JRyu
iwanttobelieve1
emily_corene
DollYay
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Feburary orders Empty Feburary orders

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:56 am

ok... I caved... I knew I was gonna.

I sold some stuff so i had a wee bit of money in my paypal account which helped soften the blow.
Ordered a new girl (I know, what? girl!?? ME?) but her character just kinda.. exploded onto the scene and I knew she had to be made real.

She'll be my 6th Makie, oops? Hard to believe I only got my first back in November/December huh?

Now the dreaded two week wait, arghhh.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Feburary orders Empty Re: Feburary orders

Post by MissRead Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:57 am

Way to go!   I didn't realise you only got your first in November!  You have got the Makie bug.  Will look forward to seeing your new GIRL  Shocked   Very Happy
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Can't wait to see her! What's her name?
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:25 pm

I really want to get a boy now for Sci (his name is ProfessorLolly on my gallery) but I need like $50 until I have enough to get him!

Last edited by DollYay on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Arg! Typo!)
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:37 pm

Her name is Fizz hehe.
the Proff looks cute! Getting together money is always my problem too. I sold some hard to find monster high stuff which got me about £40 toward a new doll, so I decided to go for it.

I have a few more bits to sell but that'll probably go toward something else. I'm terrible at saving.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:45 pm

If you are subscribed to the Makie newsletter you got a promo for Feb... Might have to use it on a doll or new clothes, if you have noticed the Math Wizz outfit is back!

I'm also terrible at saving! I usually get a visa gift card for x-mas and I did, and guess what, I already used it and it was $50!

By the way, virtual Fizz looks awesome, love the dark skin blue hair combo!
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:42 pm

I did notice that, it's a cute outfit. I'd like to see some new outfits soon though, particularly for the boys. I've got one of each boy outfit now lol.

thanks! Her hair is actually gonna be the "fizz" wig, it was too funny not to give it to her. I've never seen a made real Makie with that wig either, plenty with the pink version, but none with the blue. I wonder why... probably because it's not in the maker right?
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 pm

Purple_Monkfish wrote:I did notice that, it's a cute outfit. I'd like to see some new outfits soon though, particularly for the boys. I've got one of each boy outfit now lol.
I'm pretty sure the boys stripes outfit is back too, do you have that one?

The only actual Makie brand outfit I own is the Crafty Outfit that came with Sci. I think I might have to get the math wizz one 'cause it might be one of my favorite Makie outfit! Smile  

Good luck on the two week wait! Mine was a bit longer, and it was dreadful, just waiting for that little DHL package! Smile 

DollYay

Last edited by DollYay on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : arg! Typo!)
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:11 am

yeah there's three boy outfits, the roll with it one, the mine one and the stripy. The shorts are actually pretty nice but oh man... the leggings that come with the roll outfit are just HILARIOUS. They're leggings... men in leggings just look so silly hahaha. poor boys.

coupled with the slip on shoes, you got some massively effeminate outfit right there heh.

I can't help but wish the makie outfits weren't all made of that odd stretchy fabric though. I kinda like textural variation in my doll clothes and the lycraish jeans just... seem wrong to me.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:01 pm

Yeah, I wish there were more boy outfits, cause the two we have now, I think look pretty unisex, what did the girl version of the roll with it look like? (I think there was one...)

Ah boys in leggings, hehe! Maybe if they were more like pants... A wee bit wider around the leg...

And I agree about the weird stretchy fabric they use, ( I don't own any Makie outfits with it but my friend does) it's just weird. 

DollYay

Last edited by DollYay on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a whole sentence...)
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by emily_corene Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Oh, someone else will wait with me! I just ordered my very first Makie…I'm waiting with baited breath for any emails, especially for when she goes to print! Have fun with another girl! Im sure she'll get along with your others. Smile
emily_corene
emily_corene

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:02 pm

she went to print! eeee
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by emily_corene Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:09 pm

Eeeep! So exciting! I've spent the past two days glued to my email waiting for…anything, really. I'm not a very patient person. :/
I can't wait to see see pictures of everyone's new dolls though!
emily_corene
emily_corene

Back to top Go down

Post by iwanttobelieve1 Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:57 pm

I'm playing the waiting game as well. Smile

iwanttobelieve1

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:29 pm

emily_corene wrote:Eeeep! So exciting! I've spent the past two days glued to my email waiting for…anything, really. I'm not a very patient person. :/
I can't wait to see see pictures of everyone's new dolls though!
Same! When I ordered Sci, it seemed like forever! I was checking my email like five times a day! It's really worth the wait though! Smile
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:37 pm

DollYay wrote:Yeah, I wish there were more boy outfits, cause the two we have now, I think look pretty unisex, what did the girl version of the roll with it look like? (I think there was one...)

Ah boys in leggings, hehe! Maybe if they were more like pants... A wee bit wider around the leg...

And I agree about the weird stretchy fabric they use, ( I don't own any Makie outfits with it but my friend does) it's just weird. 

DollYay

If I remember correctly, the girl's "Roll with It" outfit came with what was supposed to be "denim" shorts, that were made out of the same weird fabric as the leggings.

Somehow I've managed to end up with several pairs of those shorts, and all I can think of when I look at them, is that they look like guy's boxer shorts.... underwear! tongue
It doesn't help that the fabric used reminds me of that nylon fabric that they use to make ladie's undies, either.

Lol, so that's what my gang is using them for, underwear. They actually work pretty well for that, in fact, Rayne has on a pair under her dress right now. Laughing

I liked the black leggings that MakieLabs offered/offers, at least they are made out of a different, nicer fabric. They can even pass for pants in a pinch.

For that matter, the boy's Stripey Outfit came with a pair of tan shorts, that were made out of fabric that wasn't that weird stretchy nylon stuff. Then there's also those funny baggy pants and the little cotton "Hawaiian" shirt, they were made out of nicer, more realistic type fabric too.

The only reasons I can think of for using that weird fabric are that: 1) The wholesale cost to have it printed with the textures and the designs was the cheapest. 2) The custom fabric printer they use only prints on that type of fabric. or 3) The wholesale company that is printing the cloth and producing the Makie clothes, only uses that type of fabric to make their doll clothes.
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:35 am

I think it's because it's non fray and cheap, makes it robust for play.
They also use this strangely thick hard fabric for the minecraft themed outfits and that purple dress (the moustache one as well most likely). I can't work out what it is but it's hard and a stiff.

you make an excellent point about the shorts heh. I've used them as like... lycra sport shorts myself. They make me think of lycra so work for sportswear too. Jian wears them under dresses when she's dressed up a bit girlier, she refuses to NOT have something to preserve her modesty when she decides to cartwheel around the place heh.

The stripy shirt the boys come with feels like cotton fabric, it's quite nice and fits the girls as a baggy shirt.
The shorts are also nice, I like them. The mine outfit also comes with shorts in black.

the leggings, seems the boys and girls wear the same leggings heh. They're just one size. Though i've already proven that the boys and girls CAN wear one another's outfits regardless of what the lab claims. (And very fabulous Zhi looked in a dress too).

Still, i'm glad we have the free patterns and so much other stuff fits the Makies. I love the options. I gotta get together Fizz's outfit. I have some boots but I think they might be a bit big (they're action man not Ken) but giant clompy boots might suit her hahaha. I need to sit and sew her a vest out of denim. I made one as a test from some other fabric and it worked out ok, a bit rough but all my sewing is a bit rough as I don't have a sewing machine. Black denim does't show iffy stitches quite so much heheheh.

Then let's see... I gotta make her a neck kerchief (yes... I know right?) and I bought some Moxie leggings which should fit (Moxie bottoms fit fine, particularly if they're stretchy)

If I get this vest working, i'll see about uploading a pattern. It's a sleeveless jacket thing (like a gilet?)
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Well just because...I ordered the black stretch pants, a purple wig - just had to, and a bundle of eyes...I have plans in the future....I wanted to order a couple of other things, but wasn't sure if I had to wait for them to be printed or not so left those until next time.  They arrived today.  Not sure of the purple wig after all...Wren tried it on and politely declined it!  Oh well.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:00 pm

Yes, I think you're right about it's durability having a factor, I've run across it being used for clothing for other dolls as well.

It's nice that it doesn't fray, but it can be a bit snaggy when it rubs against something rough, and I suspect if it actually does get snagged on something it will run just like tights or nylon stockings do.

I don't mind that fabric per say, but like you, I like to see variety in the fabrics used for doll clothes.  

Also, I like to see appropriate types of fabric used.  If you are going to make jeans for a doll, and call them jeans or denims, then use a fabric that looks, feels, and can be accepted as denim.

If you are going to use nylon/Lycra material printed to look like denim, then call them jeggings, and Lycra sports shorts. Laughing
Don't keep referring to them as denim shorts, and jeans.

I think part of what disappoints me is that the Makie girls are ONLY getting leggings and those skin tight Lycra sports shorts.

Why can't the Makie girls have a few outfits with those tan, and those black shorts, too?  

Even better, use THAT material to make some long pants for both the boys and the girls, pair them up with some new shirts printed with new designs, and *Presto!* new Makie outfits! Smile

I'd keep the shirt designs fairly unisex, and the shirts loose enough that both boys and girls could wear them, and the same with the pants and shorts.

I wouldn't use the same designs and colors between the boy and girl outfits either.  If I made say, a funny mustache kitty shirt, and black pants for the boy's outfit, I'd make a funny bowler hat dog shirt, and blue or even dark purple pants for the girl's outfit.

That way people could buy both outfits for their girl or their boy Makie, and not end up with two of the same shirt or colored pants.
More clothing options for customers that way. Wink
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:52 pm

yeah good point. I remember when I ordered my first three the confusion over which "sk8" outfit I was talking about.

Some new shirts would be super cute. I'd like to see some skirts too, instead of just dresses. And socks omg hahah.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:10 pm

JRyu wrote:
DollYay wrote:Yeah, I wish there were more boy outfits, cause the two we have now, I think look pretty unisex, what did the girl version of the roll with it look like? (I think there was one...)

DollYay

If I remember correctly, the girl's "Roll with It" outfit came with what was supposed to be "denim" shorts, that were made out of the same weird fabric as the leggings.

Somehow I've managed to end up with several pairs of those shorts, and all I can think of when I look at them, is that they look like guy's boxer shorts.... underwear! tongue
It doesn't help that the fabric used reminds me of that nylon fabric that they use to make ladie's undies, either.

Lol, so that's what my gang is using them for, underwear.  They actually work pretty well for that, in fact, Rayne has on a pair under her dress right now. Laughing

I liked the black leggings that MakieLabs offered/offers, at least they are made out of a different, nicer fabric.  They can even pass for pants in a pinch.
Oh yeah! Those weird shorts! I remember those! Don't they also come with chemistry outfit too? I do agree they do kinda look like undies! And my Sci loves her leggings, I love that they are black, 'cause ya know, black goes with everything! Sci wears the leggings with almost everything too, today they are pants. Smile
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:33 am

Gosh only a week into the wait... I can't stand it. A whole week left to go! ARGH
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:39 am

Still at the printers. I think i'm going mad hahah.
I bought some more false lashes from Superdrug, have most of the outfit together, sewed a vest and found some shoes.. and now i'm like... twiddling my thumbs.
Oh dear.

What to do now? what to do... *ponders* arm warmers, yes... I shall make arm warmers!
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Lol, yes! The waiting can just drive you mad. Laughing

It's like when you were a little kid, waiting for Christmas morning to come! Very Happy

I keep thinking I should make Kyu a couple of T-tunics to wear with his black leggings.... I just need to find a spare hour or two somewhere. Wink
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:36 pm

We have received your order from our printers and are busy getting your Makie ready to send to you.

YESSS!!!!! Come oooon Fizz, get here like... now hahaha.
We have a lovely warm house and everyone's very friendly. So come on... hurry home.

In fact, I was gonna clear a space on my shelf for the makies. They're a bit cramped on my desk.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next