The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The boys are going on vacation!

+4
Kitty-kat
Tehwereferret
DollYay
Purple_Monkfish
8 posters

Go down

The boys are going on vacation!  Empty The boys are going on vacation!

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:06 am

The boys are going on vacation!  12193530_1021936581215104_2782161223758153326_n

From the Makie facebook page:

** Special Announcement ** Boy Makies are leaving for vacation on Monday, November 9 and will return in early 2016 with new and improved features. We wanted to give you a quick heads up on what this means:

Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

The boys are going on vacation!  Empty Re: The boys are going on vacation!

Post by DollYay Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:02 pm

What does this mean?!
I'm assuming I means I can't buy my Xmas boy I was hoping for! Sad
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:52 pm

It means yeah, they're stopping making boys for a while. Till jan/feb time in fact. When they do come back they'll be better and different, not sure what they're changing but hopefully we'll get more range of slider options. And more clothes.

One thing Jen did mention was that  boys saved might not be printable after the switch over (think of it like the classic to cutie switch) so if you NEED one of the boys as they are and don't think you could remake them in the new maker, order before the 9th. (scrape together funds! take a parental loan, something!)

It's a big bummer but on the other hand, having more options for the boys is very exciting.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehwereferret Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:57 pm

Yay better options!
Tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitty-kat Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:09 am

Wait, this is going to sound really dumb, but the boys haven't changed to IM yet?
Kitty-kat
Kitty-kat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:23 am

they're currently partially IM, their torsos are still 3dp but arms and legs are im.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:39 am

I look forward to seeing what improvements they make, given my issues with my makie boy before I modded him. Even just bringing the articulation on par with the girls would be great.

I'm glad I ordered mine while I did though! From what I'm seeing around, it's taking a really long time to ship makies at the moment. I placed an order for a few replacement in-stock items and even that is coming up to the working-week mark without having been shipped. XD
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:17 pm

wow Natt, i wonder whats going on with the timing
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:15 pm

I'm glad they're finally giving the boys some attention at last, I just wish MakieLabs would let us in a little more on just what changes they have in mind.....
Neutral

Especially after the IMP body bombshell surprise.

I don't know........

In the back of my mind, I just keep seeing these images of hyper-macho, muscle bound little GI Joe clones with big heads, and pugilistic ugly mug faces! pale
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:44 pm

hahaah oh god Jryu.. nooo. I don't think they'll be that different in terms of body shape (maybe better posability?) or too vastly different to the typical cutie style. My hope is that we just get some more options with the sliders. I've wanted the ability to extrude the nose bridge for sooo long (to make hooked noses and such, right now the max on that slider = dead straight nose bridge which leaves out a lot of nose shapes)
The classic boys looked a bit more mature and I suspect a lot of that is down to the ability to give them really quite prominant noses. Heh. I just... I want beak nosed makies ok?
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:49 am

Lol, I'm afraid my brain just loves to throw worst case scenarios at me. Rolling Eyes

It doesn't help when I look at the current crop of action figures (dolls) being marketed to the boy target group.....

I'd just hate to see MakieLabs decide they needed to go down that path in order to appeal to the boy/male market. Neutral

Anyway, I think better posability would be nice, and definitely more choice options for the facial features.

Not just for the guys but the girls as well. Lol, men aren't the only ones who can have prominent and/or hooked noses. Wink A Makie Susan B. Anthony, anyone? Very Happy

Likewise, girls aren't the only ones who can have cute little pixieish shaped faces, and big doe eyes, either.

Personally, I would like to see those features available for Makie boys too. Mainly, because most of the Makies I make are meant to be young, prepubescent children. Lol, in other words, Makie Tweenies. Very Happy

The existing face shapes and facial feature choices for the male Makies all create Makie guys that are just too mature looking, too adult. I want Peter Pan, not Clint Eastwood. ^_~

Also, I wouldn't mind if they made the Makie boy torso a wee bit slimmer, just enough so that more of the Bratz Boyz clothing would fit.

The old Bratz Boyz have such great clothes, but a lot of the pants just don't quite fit around the Makie boy's waist. It's sooo close, but you just can't quite get the two pieces of Velcro together and closed! Arghh!

JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by legendarynarwhal Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:55 pm

I'm currently not a big fan of the boys, so I hope this will be a good thing.
legendarynarwhal
legendarynarwhal

Back to top Go down

Post by Palladium97 Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:27 am

Purple M.; yes, the nose arch feature will only give a very slight prominence to the bridge even when at maximum - it seems more for avoiding a "dip" in the nose and I had to almost maximise it to get that straight profile you mentioned, (which I needed, but as you say hook/Roman type noses can't be done). I would have liked the nose a bit longer ideally, too, (I maxed out the length), but I am very happy with my Makie and his nose anyway!!

Palladium97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down