The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barbie clothes at Target

+3
ForestGreen
Chove
IGSBeth
7 posters

Go down

Barbie clothes at Target Empty Barbie clothes at Target

Post by IGSBeth Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:56 am

I saw some individual Barbie clothes for sale at Target. Some of them were priced as low as $2.99. I thought that was spectacular. I bought one dress and it absolutely fits River perfectly. Just wanted to let you guys know!

Barbie clothes at Target 21609507191_d0d1db6904

http://dolltraume.blogspot.com/2015/09/barbie-dress-for-makies.html
IGSBeth
IGSBeth

http://dolltraume.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Barbie clothes at Target Empty Re: Barbie clothes at Target

Post by Chove Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:57 pm

omg you have a river song doll!
Chove
Chove

http://chovedolls.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:25 am

Thanks for the heads up. I've needed to go to Target for a while to look for a few Our Generation things anyway.

River looks fantastic in pink.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by IGSBeth Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:30 am

Chove wrote:omg you have a river song doll!
Yes.  Very Happy River Song was the inspiration to make my first, and thus far only, Makie!
IGSBeth
IGSBeth

Back to top Go down

Post by IGSBeth Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:30 am

ForestGreen wrote:Thanks for the heads up. I've needed to go to Target for a while to look for a few Our Generation things anyway.

River looks fantastic in pink.
Our Generation has some amazing things right now. They are rocking it.
IGSBeth
IGSBeth

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:46 am

I need to go buy some winter boots for myself and Target is in the same shopping center so if my husband and I actually get going in the morning I'll check out the selection. We're both kind of lazy. :-)

There is a Walmart very close to my home and the last time I was there I looked at their Barbie things. Every outfit had pink on it somewhere even if it was out of place like on a chef's jacket. The Fred Meyer that's a little bit farther down the road looked like it might have a better selection of Barbie things even though their toy section is smaller.

I really don't need to be buying more Barbie things until I've had a chance to go through the stuff in my storage unit though. My daughter gave me a bunch of stuff when she got tired of it and I had some of my own too.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehwereferret Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:09 am

That's the only thing that bums me out about Barbie, is all the pink. I was looking at clothing lots on eBay, and it made me miss the retro coloring.
Tehwereferret
Tehwereferret

Back to top Go down

Post by _MakieCrafter_ Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:03 pm

GAHHH SO CUTE!!! i myself is a doctor who fan  Very Happy
_MakieCrafter_
_MakieCrafter_

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:35 pm

Tehwereferret wrote:That's the only thing that bums me out about Barbie, is all the pink. I was looking at clothing lots on eBay, and it made me miss the retro coloring.

Yeah, I remember when Barbie outfits came in a whole rainbow of different colors, and her accessories too!
Mattel seriously needs to get off the pink bandwagon. Neutral

Really, how many women Have you ever met who live in a totally pink house, with all pink furniture, including a pink television and phone?!

Also, have you noticed the quality, or lack there of, of today's Barbie clothes compared to the quality and degree of realism that the vintage 50's and 60's Barbie outfits and accessories have? Rolling Eyes

I remember when even her purses were made as realistically as possible, and they would open up, so Barbie could actually carry stuff in them.

These were Barbie outfits and accessories that were meant for kids to really play with too, not expensive limited edition outfits aimed at adult collectors.

Even Ken had some decent clothes, and a lot more outfits to choose from than he gets these days.
His suits and tuxedos were more like actual 1:6 scale suits and tuxes, not some goofy looking sleeveless onesie with a cut out glued on ribbon tie and a cheap looking jacket. Meh... tongue
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:44 pm

Agree wholeheartedly, older Barbie and Sindy stuff were far superior to the tat Mattel shove out these days. Individual pieces, working bags, hyper realistic detailed accessories in realistic colours. I miss furniture that wasn't pink, I really do.
MGA do some decent fashions, with real bags but sadly too small for Makies. Their playsets and accessories though are perfect. Older stuff from like the early 2000s is really realistic, though a little dated with the flip phones and such haha.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down