The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wait, I spent how much!?!?

+6
nattherat
Purple_Monkfish
ForestGreen
IndigoAndAsh
Miss Heny
jupiternames
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wait, I spent how much!?!? Empty Wait, I spent how much!?!?

Post by jupiternames Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:22 am

Okay. So I ordered way more Makies than I ever thought I would in one month thanks to this whole injection-molding thing. But, since I spent the money I'm going to enjoy myself! Hey I could have had an iPhone, but now I'm getting seven Makies and keeping my granny phone! I just can't quit you, granny phone.

So, who did I order?

1st order: four Makies

Ilaria, white, to be dyed yellow-green and styled into a Mirialan
Deena, white, to be dyed red or pink and styled into a Zeltron
Kajal, white, to be styled into a Ratataki and maybe dyed or blushed a VERY pale grey
Lorelei, white, another rat girl. Designed to be like my Himalayan rat of the same name.

2nd order: three Makies

Dvakvar, white, to be dyed brownish-red-orange and somehow given nice big Devaronian horns (WHAT!?!? A boy!?)
Lottie, cocoa, after my sweet hooded black and white rat (yep, switched her to cocoa!)
Hazel, strawberry, who was designed after my crazy, pushy blonde rat

Honestly, it sort of staggers me to think of them all showing up at work. I'm going to keep telling myself that hands are coming to the store to keep myself from picking up Bruno and Wednesday too.

In the meantime, I've started to make them clothing. My current Makies aren't happy about it, since they think I should be sewing for them. I told them that they're going to need to have things to trade with the new Makies if they want to try the lab's latest fashions. I'm mostly done with a pair of riding pants for Ilaria and I've had a pair of "veractyl-skin" pants cut out for Deena for months.

Here's Terry being a good sport and modeling Ilaria's pants

Wait, I spent how much!?!? 21048316316_b1e18fef25_z   Wait, I spent how much!?!? 20453476473_33f68dc5d7_z
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Wait, I spent how much!?!? Empty Re: Wait, I spent how much!?!?

Post by Miss Heny Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:31 am

.......First I want to have the money you do to order more dolls.

Second...I LOVE your sewing skills! You should really open a store.
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:34 am

Aww, thanks so much! It's amazing how much these pushy Makies have helped me get better at sewing. I really can't thank Makie labs enough for sharing their patterns and for having simple designs.

Speaking of money, I've actually been thinking a lot about the hand packs and wondering about organizing some kind of group hands order. Honestly, the hand packs are sort of a hard thing to buy. I definitely feel that they are worth the price per hand, but eight of them is so many! Most of us think of $42 as a lot of money for a doll accessory, but who doesn't have $5-6. Okay, well, some people probably don't. But compared to $42 it's not so bad.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:52 am

Well honestly for me there only a few select hands I want but at last I had to buy the whole pack haha. I could see there being a co-op though to get packs and the hands we only want...hm...

You just might of came up with one of the best ideas for buying Makie items >->
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:22 am

The pants are fantastic!

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:49 am

Oh wow, 7 Makies at once! They are going to keep you very busy. I love the pants, they look great and I can't wait to see the rest of Ilaria's stuff now!

I should get busy and excavate my sewing machine but I'm way out of practice. Crocheting is easier and I can crochet while I watch a movie.

I really wish they would sell the hands individually. I really only want the grippy hands for everyone. I'm willing to buy the whole action pack though as soon as they let us know it's available for purchase.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:18 am

I'm envious! If I had the money i'd be buying a whole army to dye various colours hahah.

Re hands, I only have a few characters I think would use hands. I have on non standard hand, a strawberry pointy hand that Vicky came with and it kinda drives me batty because she's always pointing hahaha.
But some grippy or slot hands could be super useful. Problem is, I own so many Makies in every single colour so it becomes a bit more tricky to get a nice collection of hands, expensive.

Love the vinyl/leather stuff you're using for the skirt btw, what is that stuff?
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:58 pm

The fake leather is an alova suede type product. It's basically a thin synthetic fabric, only a bit thicker than quilters cotton. It's non-fraying and tough. I can't say enough good about it. It's very easy to work with. I should take a picture of the back of it in case anyone wants to find a similar product in the UK. Anyone in the US can find it at Jo Ann's. I'll follow up with some how-to when I'm home.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Oh my gosh, so many! I am DEFINITELY looking forward to the group photo of all of them! Very Happy
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Don't worry, I'll take a ton of photos!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:04 am

Wow. You will be busy, for sure. excited to see them all...pants look great

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:43 am

jupiternames wrote:The fake leather is an alova suede type product. It's basically a thin synthetic fabric, only a bit thicker than quilters cotton. It's non-fraying and tough. I can't say enough good about it. It's very easy to work with. I should take a picture of the back of it in case anyone wants to find a similar product in the UK. Anyone in the US can find it at Jo Ann's. I'll follow up with some how-to when I'm home.
So, basically the best way to know you've found alova suede is to go to the fake suede section of any fabric store and handle the edges of the fabric. If you can get it to fray (e.g. if you can split strands off the cut edge of the fabric), it's not going to be ANY fun to work with. The stuff that you'd want has a back that tends to look woven (see picture) and you can see a definite pattern to it, but is about the same color as the front of the fabric. I think the fabric below that I used for Ilaria's pants looks pretty good on the back, but sometimes the back of this stuff looks pretty cheap and not so pretty, in my opinion, but I don't let that dissuade me!

Wait, I spent how much!?!? 20481763853_171886b559_z
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:04 pm

Wow! 7 Makies at once! But they all sound really cool... You're tempting me JupiterNames!!! But those pants are amazing!Smile
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:45 am

Thanks for all the compliments on the pants! I'm hopefully going to be making a shirt to go with them. I just picked up a new pattern, so let's see if I can make it work.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:36 pm

Oooo, four are back from the printer! So excited!! And I just ordered ALL the hands!
Wait, I spent how much!?!? 20602230634_9537a56d72
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:20 am

I've been trying to get more clothes ready for the new arrivals. I've made a dress-top thing, but I'm not sure who will want it. Once they figure it out, I can hem it however looks best.

Wait, I spent how much!?!? 21232121355_b680477337 It looks like Poppy is pretty happy with it.

I've also made a whole outfit for my to-dye Zeltron, Deena. For those who aren't constantly immersed in the Star Wars extended universe, the Zeltron are a race of red-skinned human-like aliens whose home planet is like a perpetual Spring Break. I made Deena a varactyl-print look that I've inflicted on Theral for sizing and fit. Theral is NOT pleased. But nobody else seemed interested in wearing it either.

Wait, I spent how much!?!? 21221692622_1e9fafcb03
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:32 pm

The clothes are coming out great. A red skinned makie, ooooo. This is exciting.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:23 pm

I'm going to echo Artful Owl, those clothes are looking wonderful.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:23 am

Thanks to both of you! While I really do love the clothes the lab makes, they aren't really suited to dressing in the Star Wars Universe and tend to get taken over by my rat girls (at least Poppy and Steffie were all over Theral's original outfit).

No update on my Makies yet, unless you count my wish of having more hands to help in the kitchen.

Wait, I spent how much!?!? 21275932962_5ef0918ccb
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:34 am

Well, it just a handful of hands I wish I had in my hands!
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:24 am

That really made me laugh. I feel like every fifth word I say is "hands". Did you end up buying any hands?
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:54 am

LOL I was slapping myself for such a bad pun *Facepalm* sadly no, I wish but at last parents control the money (Which ATM is probably a good thing haha)
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:13 pm

The hands really are quite pricey Miss Heny, so I can totally relate! Even buying for myself, as an adult, I had a lot of "are you seriously going to spend fifty entire pounds on some bits of plastic?" thoughts. And I only got two hand packs XD (I would have bought four if I could).

@jupiternames I envy your collection of hands so much haha! Also, I'm sure all of them are for dyeing, but there's something nice about how all those ice frosting hands look together haha. Very Happy The clothing is looking awesome!
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Heny Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:14 pm

I only have one hand pack and that is white useful hands hehehe, I may dye em into useable gloves for all *shrug*
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:11 pm

The hands! Wow, what a wealth of expression. I did manage to order one white handy hands pack for my folks.

Also, Miss Heny, your pun made me laugh snort, and startly my husband. Lol. I wish her handful of hands were in my hands too!

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum