The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rell arrived!

+5
MissRead
nattherat
Artful Owl
Purple_Monkfish
DollYay
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rell arrived! Empty Rell arrived!

Post by nattherat Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:20 pm

So after a little wait, my makie arrived!
Here's how she looks on the site:
Rell arrived! Ejxtu8tu4jau_rurq6mekodhqwyxwchm8kismfvxkqu3xmlyvr_by_nattherat-d8qilx2

And here she is, fresh out of the tube and ready for action!  Laughing

Rell arrived! Rellmakiejustoutofbox_by_nattherat-d8qikya
I asked the lab not to do any face-up as I'll be taking care of that myself later on. The cocoa colour is gorgeous! I was a little worried given that some cocoa makies don't really seem to have photographed well (though that can be said of all the colours), but nope, it's rich and gorgeous just as I was hoping! <3
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Rell arrived! Empty Re: Rell arrived!

Post by DollYay Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:48 pm

Wow! She looks great! Might I ask where'd you get/find the outfit? It's adorable!
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:55 pm

Thank you!

The second one? The pink glasses are from the makie lab (I wanted to make sure I got some that definitely fitted the head), and the pink cape is from the Bratzillaz Charmed Life fashion pack (it's currently on sale on UK amazon for £2 rather than £10). It's her temporary clothing for now, I'm in the process of having some specific clothing made for her. Smile The first picture of course is the outfit she came in from the lab. Very Happy
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:46 pm

Yeah the second one... Hehehe. I might have to look for some bratzillas stuff now...Smile
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Very Happy No problem! I took a chance on it because of both the price, and because of Purple_Monkfish's reply in that thread you made about which doll clothes fit makies! It's a pretty cute pink cape, and I like the way the shoulders are sewn so that it has quite a bold outline. 

Bear in mind that mostly nothing else out of those fashion packs is going to be of much use though. Shoes are unlikely to fit, the plastic accessories will probably fit but... you can get better things really. I wouldn't recommend dishing out full price for them purely for makie use! I only picked it up for cheap temporary use. If you happen to have other similarly sized dolls the item might fit though... Wink
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:58 pm

the shoes fit monster high and sindy though haahah. Skirts fit Makies (bit tight) but the tops are way too small. The capes and stuff look great though.

I love her expression btw, she's got some real attitude.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:52 pm

She looks fierce with those eyebrows. Super cool, congrats on the new makie.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:44 pm

Very Happy Thanks! I love her eyebrows, and expression in general. It was hard to know how it'd come out since I rarely see more "extreme" expressions on makies, but I love her. She's so permanently ready for a fight haha!
I kind of wish you could buy hands that were balled into fists too. It'd be well suited.

Rell arrived! Ejx9k1tv4jaqhf_kladdcvuol23ztwao6s6xkgmt9gm5zcbwg1_by_nattherat-d8r94e5
Here's Elisabeth who was sent to print today! (that was quick) She'll be arriving with no face-up too, and sometime in the next couple of weeks I'll be doing their face-ups.
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Her wig looks interesting!  I can't recall seeing this on the Makies site.  I bet you can't wait for her to arrive!
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:44 pm

It's the Pixie wig! The model of it in the makie creator is a little... funny, it doesn't really do it justice I don't think. The photo of it you can see in the shop instead is much better.

And haha, you're telling me! Kind of wish it was next week already, I can't wait to see how she turns out!
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:31 pm

Elizabeth kinda looks skeptical... But of what... Hehe I love skeptical dolls. Smile That expression is always good in my book!
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:19 pm

Rell's new eyes arrived!

Rell arrived! Rellmakieneweyes_by_nattherat-d8rd8so
They're such a nice strong red. I think I'll definitely have to get some eye putty though, because it's a shame to not be able to position these in the eye mech (they're 18mm full-rounds, no visible seam and I wouldn't want to dismantle them anyway) as you can with the half-rounds. She'll be using these and her original black coloured eyes interchangeably (blah blah, vampire and all that).

Fiinnaaally going to get myself over to Games Workshop tomorrow to pick up some purity seal.
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:32 am

Love them, So fierce!Smile
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:14 am

If looks could kill! Super cool.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Fakkel Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:38 pm

Very cool Makie. I like her so much  Smile

Fakkel

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Fri May 01, 2015 9:40 am

Very Happy Thank you!
If anybody is interested, I recently set up an instagram kind of for the purpose of just... spamming it with things like millions of gratuitous makie pictures. You can find it https://instagram.com/engingerboom/. If I remember to (and I will try!), I'll take photos during the face-up and wig customisation processes too. Very Happy
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by ozma06 Sat May 02, 2015 5:04 pm

She is so cute! I cant wait to see the face-up! Very Happy
ozma06
ozma06

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Mon May 04, 2015 7:09 pm

The customisation has begun!
Since I've never done a faceup (or body work) before, I spent this bank holiday doing my hujoo minipin (the reasoning being that that's the doll I can actually afford to replace if I somehow enormously mess it up). For a first time, it didn't come out too bad! You can see the before and after here, and my instagram has all the WIP shots.

There was very little daylight left though, it's a bit too dark to really get started on Rell, so today I've just done her hands and feet! She gets nail polish and freckles. Also you can see her arm there too haha. Freckles everywhere.

Rell arrived! 11189982_1585791205030598_1496414974_n
It's certainly a lot tougher to lay stuff down on this surface than it was the ABS of the minipin! The whole doll got a couple of coats of MSC before I started, but as you guys know some parts of Makies have a very rough surface. I'm glad the face is quite smoothed for that reason.
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Mon May 04, 2015 7:23 pm

Great work done on your Hujoo.

Can't wait to see how Rell turns out.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by ozma06 Mon May 04, 2015 7:24 pm

Looks great!
ozma06
ozma06

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Tue May 05, 2015 1:24 pm

Rell arrived! 11189944_105122023154021_1524337918_n
Body has been blushed - there were a couple of places where the uneven dying on the cocoa bean didn't look very nice - it was significantly darker above her breasts than much of the rest of her body for example, and her forearms were different shades from each other. All within normal dyed makie parameters I gather, but the difference becomes glaringly obvious if you're putting on details like freckles. So I wasn't originally planning to blush, but ended up feeling it was necessary!

Blushed on the chest, underarms, backs of legs, neck. I didn't do anything with her belly (despite how tempted I was to put a belly button there) because it won't be on show when she finally has her clothes on one of these days. Freckles all over feet, hands, legs, arms, and top of torso.

Very Happy And right now I'm finally working on her faceup!
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Tue May 05, 2015 4:19 pm

Rell arrived! 11203199_1576584955937190_825483426_n
Here's her face. Instagram/bad lighting doesn't really show off the blushing done, but I think you can get a feel for her! Very Happy I'll be installing eyelashes at a later date - I'm just indecisive on how I want them to look.
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Tue May 05, 2015 4:21 pm

She looks great! The freckling just makes her entire look. (I followed you on Instagram, by the way.) :-)

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by ozma06 Tue May 05, 2015 4:26 pm

She looks fantastic!!! Do you use pencils or paint? Or something else?
ozma06
ozma06

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Tue May 05, 2015 5:20 pm

Very Happy Thank you Artful! I think so too about the freckles, I'm glad the character has them. XD (I uh, apologise in advance about my instagram spam, I'm enjoying having it as a way to post wip art/craft stuff!)

Thanks Ozma! I used pastels for blushing (you can hardly tell it's there, it was to add some subtle skin colour variation so the purpose is to be almost invisible), and watercolour pencils for freckles/lips/eyeliner/eyebrows.

Rell arrived! 11192601_310832435707229_487664844_n
Here's another photo from instagram. Actually, you can spy where I've done blushing here! As you can see, the tops of the legs are significantly darker in colour than the torso. That's what the colour of the area above her breasts was. Once I started putting freckles on, the big splodge of darker skin right there just looked more and more awkward.
I only have one of those limited/beginner sets of pastels so I couldn't colour match, but I think it came out close enough anyway! Close enough that she can wear low-cut necklines without sudden extreme colour change anyway. Very Happy I can always erase it and redo it in future if I have a larger selection of pastels.
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next