The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made for you

5 posters

Go down

Made for you Empty Made for you

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:54 pm

Spotted this cutie http://www.amazon.co.uk/Makies-Made-For-Unique-Doll/dp/B00U7LVVJQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1427368561&sr=8-5&keywords=makies on amazon today.

I noticed on instagram the Makie team said the new LE girls were on Amazon. So i thought i'd go have a look and maybe order June as I had Amazon vouchers.
But typing in "makies", several premade dolls also popped up and amongst them, a BOY.

that alone surprised me, but his squishy little face made me smile and I knew I had to have him. I mean, I already said if they made a premade boy i'd get him didn't I?

so I used my vouchers on him instead (Husband shall have to wait a little longer for June hah)

But then oddness... the "stock available" when I ordered claimed they had 2 in stock. Which couldn't be right, as the MFY dolls are one of the kind. All the others were "stock = 1" and so I thought it was probably a glitch.

Amazon themselves weren't much help.

But curiosity got the better of me and I decided to order the second one and see what happened.

I was about 75% sure that when they got around to dispatch they'd realise the mistake and refund me for one.

however, they dispatched this evening... both of them.

So now i'm giggling and excitedly wondering WHAT they're sending. Will it be another boy that's very similar? Will it be a girl in the same outfit? will it be some completely other Makie? I can hardly wait, the anticipation is killing me.

But ordering both at least should ensure I get the one pictured. I hope anyway.

Yeah it means i've overspent massively, but ahh well. If I don't like the mystery one, i'm sure someone else will give him/her a home. If I do like them, I can probably convince husband hahahaha.

My curiosity must be sated!

of course Makies WOULD decide that now, after i've spent so much is the time to have a special promotion (tomorrow apparently) and that temptation will huuuurt. But i'll wait to see what the deal is before I start to lament my lack of lottery wins.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Made for you Empty Re: Made for you

Post by jupiternames Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:09 am

Wait, promotion!? Where did you hear that? Exciting!

Anyway, I sort of hope they made two of that boy so that you have twins. Will you keep the furry wig?
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:03 am

Wow! Are you sure amazon doesn't THINK it's two but really you only paid for two and you're getting one? Oh well! That's so cool anyway!Smile
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:18 am

we'll see Doll yay, we'll see haha. They bundled two order numbers together (ordered them individually) so theoretically it should be two items. just.. what they are is the mystery.
Still havent' arrived.
tehy're "out for delivery" but that isn't very helpful.

and yes promotion! keep an eye on the site today! Hopefully they'll have some easter goodies.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:13 pm

I just checked the shop, and WOW! There's a whole bunch of "Made for You Makies" available! Some really cute ones too. ^_^

.....And BOYS!!! Hooray, MakieLabs! :-D

I've sort of promised Fen that I'd bring his sister Flan home, but that little white haired cocoa bean one is really tempting, and so is that black haired cool caramel boy. ^_~

I didn't see anything yet about the promotion, or any Easter goodies yet....
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:54 pm

Well they updated facebook, apparently it's just a contest. Which is super disappointing given they were going on about "cute things" and it's not something everyone can get a piece of. BOOO boooo.

All the new Makies are awesome aren't they? I had my eye on the caramel boy with the sad eyes too, he's sooo cute.

I still need to buy those earrings and glasses. the price of that glasses pack is just too good to ignore.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaergo Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:06 pm

Very much so, Purple_Monkfish! The glasses are a super deal! Unfortunately, I already have two pair of glasses and none of my Makies will wear them! They sit on the desk as a prop. I guess that works too. But they are great! 

Great deals. Apart from the "Easter promo". As you would say: Boooo! Hissss!
Vaergo
Vaergo

http://Www.vencka.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:19 pm

also i'm far too unwell to think of jokes. My head is killing me. my parcel isn't here yet. Despite being "out for delivery" since 7am. It's now almost 2:30 and no sign.

my headache's getting worse, I feel terribly sick and kinda feel like my post isn't gonna show up today. *sigh* Stupid amazon getting my hopes up. It was something to look forward to despite feeling awful but the day is almost done now and it's just turned to annoyance instead.

I hate waiting on post, but waiting on post when you feel sick is even worse.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:33 pm

So my parcel arrived, and amazon screwed up. As usual.

They assured me when I asked "if we only have one in stock we'll just refund for the other". Oh ho ho, stupid me believing them.

no, instead they sent me a Makies gift box. Yeah, they randomly decided to substitute without asking me if it was ok first.
If I wanted to buy a makie from the lab, i'd buy a makie from the lab, why would I order a bloody gift card!??

argh.

So then I had to argue with then about returning a gift card I have no need for. and they were utterly unhelpful. Took me an hour to get them to finally agree to have someone pick the stupid thing up from my house instead of demanding I go to the post office.
of course, no compensation to me for the massive inconvenience and disappointment here. Nope. It's made my migraine worse, but amazon couldn't care less. because of course they couldn't

well they've lost a customer. I'm fed up and sick of their incompetence. It's unacceptable to substitute an item for something "similar". if I ordered a cd and they sent me a different one that'd be utterly unbelievable right? So why did anyone think this was ok? just no.
If i'd wanted a gift card i'd have bought a damn gift card.

So that's rather put a damper on my enjoyment of my new boy. I was really looking forward to him and his mystery companion, who it turns out was nothing but a lie. *sigh*

So i'm super disappointed and really bummed out, my head is absolutely killing me and i'm boycotting amazon for yet again making me upset.
they screwed up the last Makie product I ordered from them as well.

clearly i'm cursed, or amazon are just incompetent.

either way, no more. done with them and their ridiculously inconsiderate customer service. I mean come on, why should I have to go to the bother of printing out a label, then walking all the way to the post office to post back and item I shouldn't have received in the first place?

then I had added stress by their final email to me saying "we've refunded you £60". um... they're £69?! So I had to contact them again about that. they assure me it was a typo, but i'm going to have to check with my bank. I don't trust these clowns.

Yeah i could have used the gift card to buy another makie, but then i'd have to pay the over £8 shipping on top which was more than I was budgeting for. I can't justify that, so my boy shall remain companionless for the time being.

I'm gonna open him now to cheer me up a bit. After well over an hour of talking in circles with amazon, I need cheering up.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:42 pm

No, I so wanted you to have twins. EVERYONE loves twins! Ugh. What a bummer.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:26 pm

D'aaw Jupiter, I could always make him a twin? hahaha. I ordered him a new wig this evening, this boy NEEDS to be a redhead. the orange eyebrows just... yeah

i'll get photos and post in the gallery asap.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Hehe. I was right. Amazon is not to be trusted. Sneaky people they are! Well at least you got one...
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:57 pm

That's terrible Purple_monkfish, and yes, you definitely want to check with your bank, and make sure they refunded you the correct amount!

I hope your migraine goes away soon, and you can enjoy your new boy! Headaches are bad enough, but migraines are horrible!

My father used to get them, he described to me what it was like.... >_< :-(
Surprisingly, he found that if he took a Dramamine, an over the counter motion sickness medicine, and he took it at the first sign that a migraine was coming, it would stop it or at least significantly lessen the pain and nausea enough to make it bearable.

I'm a bit disappointed about the Easter promo contest too. I mean, it's a very cute sweater, but it just doesn't much suit any of my lot. Not even Fen's sister Flan, although she would probably wear it. Yellow isn't really her color. ^_~

Now, if it was a pretty spring green or light blue, and it was a purchase option or gift if you ordered a Makie..... Well.....
Lol, that would be cute, a little fox girl wearing a bunny sweater. Very Happy

Besides, I have absolutely no luck when it comes to give-always, lucky draws, and similar contests. I almost never win anything! :-/

I get the feeling that everyone was really hoping for a cute surprise pet, like a Makie lamb, or a second chance at getting one of those adorable Makie bunnies. Also, that it would be something that everyone would be able to get if they purchased a Makie, even if it was just a bunny ears head band and a little tail that you could attach to their clothes.
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:39 am

Exactly JRyu, I have no luck either and everyone was expecting either a "for everyone" freebie or  something cute to buy. Ahh well, not much we can do.

I still need to order some of those accessory packs. I'm waiting for an email from the courier about picking this gift card up, nothing yet. I get the feeling they'll email me at a really inconvenient time. I got an email harrassing me to return it, but none saying when they'd come pick it up.

I am honestly at a point where if they don't come at a time I consider considerate (I'm NOT sitting around all day and wasting my saturday, I told them this!) then i'll just NOT return the damn thing and they can chase up my bank to get a refund on my refund. Jerks can do the runaround.

Really the only reason I opted to return it was because the shipping from makies website makes a new makie just a wee bit too much for me to justify. That extra £8 kicks in my guilt instinct. Hope they do another free shipping deal soon because as it stands, it's better for me to wait and buy 2 Makies at once just to make that shipping less painful. heh.

I did like that sad faced mfy boy though. Ahh well.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:05 pm

Though I don't have the money to buy a Makie and enter the contest I still have an easterish joke anyone can use:
 q: what do you call 10 hares hopping backwards in a row?

A: a retreating hairline! Lol! albino
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:13 pm

Oh yes, an update.

I named my MFY amazon boy "August". He's adorable. Insane, but adorable.

Now.. Amazon can bite me. They lost my custom forever with their ineptitude and buck passing and general "your problem, not ours" attitude. (I have a whole long rant about this farce on my blog if anyone cares to read)
So because they made it so needlessly difficult to return the card, i used it.

But my curse continues.

My parcel arrived yesterday after the easter delay and... pain of pains. WRONG Makie was sent.

I nearly cried.

So now i'm assured they caught that little snot of a Makie and wrestled him into a box, and he's on his way here. Should arrive some time tomorrow. Then I have to hope the courier will accept this incorrect doll back at the same time. *sigh*

I'm hoping third time's the charm here, because omg this has been a ridiculous series of mistakes.

I've named this boy Ignatius, "Ig" for short and he's not even here yet and already causing problems. -_-
Methinks he really really doesn't want to be reunited with August, which begs the question.. August.. what did you DO?

Also still waiting for that wig I ordered. *sigh* It may take a while.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down