The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psst ... New Accessory Sets!

+3
Artful Owl
Vaergo
makies_elf
7 posters

Go down

Psst ... New Accessory Sets! Empty Psst ... New Accessory Sets!

Post by makies_elf Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:16 pm

Hallo folks! We added a few new sets to the shop today - you can seem 'em here: https://shop.mymakie.com/catalogue/accessory-packs/

Specs, shoes (two sets) and earrings, specially priced. You heard it here first. Wink

makies_elf

Back to top Go down

Psst ... New Accessory Sets! Empty Re: Psst ... New Accessory Sets!

Post by Vaergo Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:24 pm

LOVE THE GREEN KITTY PUMPS!!!!  affraid

Just too bad neither one of my girls suits them. Bummer!  scratch scratch
Vaergo
Vaergo

http://Www.vencka.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaergo Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 pm

And no, Purple_Monkfish, they are not for my boy!  lol!
Vaergo
Vaergo

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:45 pm

Yay!

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:59 pm

But.. boys need ridiculous kitty shoes tooooo.

Fizz would so wear those.. and Zhi would probably steal them. *snicker*

But YAY! Can I hope for headbands and bracelets soon? pweeeassse? if I make big pleading doe eyes?
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:21 pm

NEED the bright shoe set! It's the cutes shoe set I've ever seen!Very Happy
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:41 am

The shoe sets are very cute, I'm sure I'll probably be ordering them. Smile
I'm really glad to see that they are all shoes designed to fit existing Makie feet, rather than snapping on in place of them! Very Happy

I sure hope that they will eventually end up as shoes we can order separately, in different colors!
Shoi has already told me he wants a pair of each..... only, he wants them all in purple! ^_~

Now, my only question is, WHY ARE THERE NO NEW ACCESSORY SETS GEARED TO THE BOYS? 0_0

Would it be so hard to make them on of those hand held Gameboys, a set of headphones, or an iPad? 0_o

Even a little toy car, or a handful of marbles......... Something..... Anything..... 6_6

I seem to recall receiving a response to one of my suggestion/feedback emails, that I sent towards the end of last year, wherein you said that next year you would be focusing on the boys more! 0_0

Well, we are now THREE MONTHS, actually almost FOUR MONTHS, into 2015, so where is that love and attention for the Makie boys? }:-[

Shoot, even a couple of new outfit sets FOR THE BOYS, would be a start!

Heck, forget outfit sets, I'd settle for just TWO OR THREE NEW T-SHIRTS FOR THE BOYS.......
IN COLORS, AND WITH DESIGNS MORE SUITED TO GUYS!!
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaergo Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:45 am

I agree. There are many boys being bought lately and there still is too little for them in the store.mall we do is buy elsewhere. Take our money, MakieLab! Make more boy stuff. Please? Pretty please, with sugar on top? Very Happy
Vaergo
Vaergo

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:27 am

I'd love more boy stuff, you know i'm a huge advocate for boys boys boys and i'm really pleased to see so many being made. They still aren't going to beat the girls in popularity, but it's so lovely to see more people giving them a chance because they are seriously adorable.

I agree, we need more outfits for the boys. Some proper damn pants would be a start. Of their three outfits two have shorts and one has LEGGINGS. Wth? Some jeans made of actual proper fabric rather than that lycra stretch stuff would be a start, that lycra stretchy stuff is a wee bit too effeminate i feel for any self respecting boy to be caught dead in... unless he's exercising.

Given the girls can actually wear the boy clothes no problem, it would actually be nice see more gender neutral stuff. Some cute graphic tees and jeans would be a start, because both genders could wear those.

I hope we see a return of the laptop and mp3 players, they made them at one point, so please please please make them available again!

I asked them a few days ago if, considering the massive lack of boy clothes, we could get the boys in drag and they said that was AOK lol. Because i'd rather have a few outfits my girls could wear than yet another copy of the same boy outfit. once you hit more than 3 boys the duplication becomes a problem. And honestly? Gender neutral stuff that fits the Makie boys isn't that easy to find. Bratz Boy shirts are a bit too tight and the pants don't do up at the back. Ken stuff is waaaay too big and most Barbie stuff is sparkly and pink! It is actually very difficult to find a wide range of stuff for a boy, unless you sew or have a huge collection of vintage barbie and sindy stuff before doll companies decided ALL doll clothing would be pink pink glittery and pink.

They used to do a skateboard as well didn't they? And a wee work apron which I waaaant. I'm sad I missed out on that set. I got the labcoat set but not the tinkering one.

They have the plans for a lot of this stuff (bracelets, headbands, skateboards, laptops etc) I wonder if they'd take requests.

I think the way forward is not so much more "boy" stuff but more gender neutral stuff, that way they aren't restricting the sale to the far less common boys but they're appeasing two groups. Those who want more tomboyish clothes for their girl makie, and those of us who want options for our boys too. So please please please more neutral mix and match pieces! Barbie's started doing mix and match cheap individual pieces again, so clearly there is a market for selling JUST a tee-shirt or JUST a pair of jeans. I think jeans particularly would sell very very well, as would shirts with super pop culturey things on them heh. Really nerdy stuff, we nerds have money, we want to give it to yooou
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaergo Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:38 am

Well spoken Purple_Monkfish! Gender neutral sounds like a big step forward. A bit like the sk8er outfit, or the crafty one. Not my favorites, but almost the only ones. I had a real hard time finding clothes for Faelan, so after I found something that did fit (sorta) I stopped looking. If there was enough to choose from in the Makie store, I'd buy more often there. Indeed, we has coinz an wants to spend them!
Vaergo
Vaergo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaergo Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:38 am

Weird double post. Maintenance my ass....  lol!

Last edited by Vaergo on Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Maintenance? Huh? Wha?)
Vaergo
Vaergo

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:04 pm

I'm okay with gender neutral outfits......
but please, intentionally make them to fit the boy Makies, and put them in the Boy's section of the shop!

I'd still like to see a few new things being made specifically for the boy Makies though.

Besides, since when has something being "made for boys" ever stopped a girl from wearing it, playing with it, or engaging in it? ^_~
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:54 pm

This is a bit off topic, but Purple_monkfish's post made me think, why couldn't we have a Marketplace or Swapmeet thread/section.

That way, those of us who have extra bits, or duplicate items, could put up a sale or trade post, and if someone was interested the could contact the poster by sending them a private message to work out the deal.

For example, I've somehow managed to end up with several pairs of those red snap-on Makie shoes. Now, since I've pretty much decided to no longer sell things on ebay, it would be nice if there was a section here, where I could list them.

Another example would be when you find say, the perfect little Makie sized mug, only problem is they're party favors, or cupcake decorations, and only come in packs of 25.

You don't need 25 Makie mugs..... but they are just so perfect, and so cute..... and so reasonably priced too!.....

Well, if we had a "Makie Shop and Swap" section, you could buy that pack of 25, keep four mugs for your Makie, and put a sale or trade post in the forum's "Makie Marketplace" for the other 21 mugs. Smile

Plus, anyone who was looking for a specific item, like the work apron, could also put up a "Looking For" or "Want to Buy" post too. ^_^
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:21 am

That sounds like a great idea.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:46 am

I LOVE this idea! Back on the old forums I did a swap and it was so much fun. And I may have made somewhere around 20 Makie hats this winter. It's way more than I need! Maybe this is the drive I need to start crafting more "menswear" in the Makie scale. I've never sewed garments for a man--doll or otherwise.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:11 pm

Great idea!
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Love it! I still have a few extra bits and bobs about myself. should I set up a specific "BST" forum or just have a thread inside the "shops" section? Which would you guys find more intuitive?
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:20 pm

I have a slight preference for a separate category.

Jryu, I really want a pair of those red sneakers!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:46 pm

I made a category, so let me know if it'll let you post. Sometimes the permissions end up a bit borked and I need to go wrestle the forum gremlins to get it to let people post threads. grrrr.

We all end up with a lot of extras, I know I have heh. Particularly boy stuff, I think I now have like three of the sk8 boy outfit. Hahah.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down