The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surprise me! - what'd you get in your surprise box? (spoilers)

4 posters

Go down

Surprise me! - what'd you get in your surprise box? (spoilers) Empty Surprise me! - what'd you get in your surprise box? (spoilers)

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:14 am

Did you order a surprise me box? What'd you get in yours?

If you don't want to know what's in the boxes, stop reading now!

Otherwise, keep scrolling.

keep going

nearly there

ok..

So, I actually ordered 2. 1 for me and 1 for husband. They arrived today.

So, what's in our two?

Box 1: (mine)

• 1 Scarlette wig
  • 1 Tru wig
  • 1 accessory set including headphones, laptop, phone, tablet.
  • 1 purple check dress with zebra leggings fashion pack (dunno what it's called)
  • 1 3pd tophat
  • 1 pair white nerd glasses
  • 1 3pk glasses in blue, purple and white
  • Yellow tote bag
  • A black envelope with two printed a4 patterns (the jeans and the dress patterns once available on their site)
  • Some stickers

Box 2: (husband's)

• 1 Scarlette wig
  • 1 Ada wig
  • 1 accessory set including headphones, laptop, phone, tablet.
  • 1 "smart stuff" fashion pack
  • 1 3dp tophat
  • 1 pair white catseye glasses
  • 1 3pk glasses in blue, purple and white
  • pink tote bag
  • A black envelope with patterns.
  • Some vinyl stickers
  • Some regular stickers

I suspect all the sets follow this same pattern, though i'm curious if anyone got any accessories other than the headphones etc, or if anyone got any other wigs.

Personally i'd have really liked the new pink wig heh, but ahh well. I'm sure i'll find dolls to use the accessories, though I now have more glasses than I think i'll ever use. Soooo many glasses omg.
I always wanted the 3dp tophat though, hehehe. I can't work out how to attach it though. Anyone got a clue?
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Surprise me! - what'd you get in your surprise box? (spoilers) Empty Re: Surprise me! - what'd you get in your surprise box? (spoilers)

Post by DollYay Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:01 am

Maybe glue the tophat to a headband or a clip? Something of that sort i would assume. I'm tempted to buy one but I'm pretty sure my sister has ordered me one for Christmas lol. Maybe if she doesn't i'll grab one after Christmas. Smile
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Surprise me! - what'd you get in your surprise box? (spoilers) Empty Re: Surprise me! - what'd you get in your surprise box? (spoilers)

Post by JRyu Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:02 am

Two of my orders arrived Today!  The one with my two girls,  cheers,  and the one with some accessories, and my "Surprise Me" boxes.

I ordered two "Surprise Me" boxes, but I think they've only sent me one.  Neutral

So I sent support a message about it.   I'm not sure I'll hear back from them until after the Holidays, which is fine, and which I totally understand.  Wink

Okay, here is what came in my box:

1 Maria Wig  I love you
1 medium short dark Auburn Red Wig (either Tesla or Tiger)  Smile
1 pair of Blue Cat-Eye Specs  cat
1 packet containing One White, One Blue, and One Purple pair of                  
  Specs.  Cool
1 shiny Black Top Hat  Very Happy
1 Black Knitted...... Elf Hat?  scratch
1 Outfit Set, "Limited Edition"  Smile
1 Human sized yellow tote bag  Wink
1 Black envelope with dress and jeans patterns Very Happy
2 large Makie stickers Wink
1 packet containing one cool pair of Purple headphones, a silver laptop, an awesome black Tablet, and a nice red smart phone. cheers
(Lol, I know which pieces my bunch are really going to be fighting over!  Wink )

Well worth the $24.99 price, in my opinion.  Very Happy
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:12 am

My thought on the top hat would be to either glue a hair clip to it, or carefully drill two holes in the hat brim close to the crown, and string it with some clear elastic. Smile
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:34 am

Oo you got an elf hat? Congrats. I love hats hahah.

I was thinking maybe the tophat might be able to be looped onto an elastic because the two hooks on the inside. I havent' got any spare elastics atm though.

I think everyone's getting those headphones etc. It's a really useful set though. I had been using a cardboard smart phone and tablet for Harris but I think he'll be upgrading to the 3dp.
I already painted one set of the headphones blue and black, gotta seal and then James shall be content with his music which "you probably haven't heard of" hahaha
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:52 pm

Aha!  Maybe that's what those hooks are for, I was wondering why they were there. Laughing

The top hat is cute, although I don't really think it suits any of my boys.   I may have to gothic lolita-fy it up for a future Makie, if one of my smaller headed dolls doesn't call dibs on it first. Wink

I really like the "Electronics" packet in the surprise box.  That item alone, makes the "Surprise Me" box worth purchasing.   Lol, you can never have too many headphones, laptops, etc., especially when you have a lot of Makies. ^_~

My two new girls who also arrived yesterday came with a little surprise of their own too, each one had a cute little 3DP purple shopping basket with them inside their travel tube !

Btw, MakieLabs got right back to me and confirmed that I am missing one of the "Surprise Me"' boxes from my order. They said they're going to send it off to me right away. ^_^
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:44 pm

awesome! sounds like a lot of them went missing
And aawww cute little baskets! that's sweet!

I'm happy to have more tablets and such. I noticed that the purple bit from the archaeologist pack is removable from the tablet so I now have three Makie tablets yay. I'm sure dolls with claim them.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:54 am

Yes, I was immediately instructed by Shoi to remove the purple bit off of the silver tablet and put it on the black tablet.  He then promptly claimed said tablet for himself! Smile

Shoi says the purple bit makes it look more futuristic, and like something an alien would use.  
Lol, being an alien, he should know. Laughing
Besides, Shoi has a real thing for the color purple. Wink
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:09 pm

I don't even know what the purple bit IS hahaha. But Shoi makes a good point, perhaps one of the alien crew should claim it. Nhaj can use it to keep track of patients or something.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DocC Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:47 pm

Wow, great surprise packages!

My pup ate my pale blue cat glasses. I would buy them (any color) if anyone wants to sell a pair. Send me a message if you have an extra pair you could part with. (see photos before and after).

My new Makie came with a surprise cobalt blue quilted texture purse. I'm not sure what kind of strap to use. Maybe a chain...

One of my Lucky Shoe Sets was missing in my order Monday. Luckily they were open on Monday and support sent it out Tuesday. I expect it will come very soon, no shipping charge.Surprise me! - what'd you get in your surprise box? (spoilers) Img_7710Surprise me! - what'd you get in your surprise box? (spoilers) Img_7712
DocC
DocC

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:04 pm

oh  no! I have a couple of spare pairs of catseye glasses, I got white or purple ones https://makies.forumotion.com/t388-wigs-clothes-shoes-etc-clearout see?

Naughty doggy, that expression says it all really doesn't it? "I know I did wrong"

Let me know and i'm sure we can work something out to make it affordable (they'd have to go in a wee box so they didn't get squished) I have SO many glasses now, it's a bit ridiculous. pretty sure I have enough pairs now to correct ALL my makie's sights hahaha, and i'm not exactly short on makies.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:01 pm

Aww! What a sweetie pie! I love you

Lol, I've got a little "chewer" too. Wink
Not so little now, he'll be a year old in January.

His name is Teddy, short for Teddy Bear, because that's what he looked like before he got his first poodle clip. Very Happy

So far he hasn't destroyed anything too major, just a littlest pet shop duckie, and a plastic Barbie purse, at least that I know about, anyway.

He's put a few tooth dents in a couple of other things, including a Black Makie slip-on shoe, the default type they come wearing. Lol, fortunately I've got oodles of those. Smile

Unfortunately, he loves to steal doll wigs. He's managed to steal two so far, luckily, all he does is run around shaking them, and flipping them up in the air.

He hasn't chewed them up any, or actually even messed them up at all, at least so far...... Lol, he does really like to chew on MY hair though. Rolling Eyes

Laughing

JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by DocC Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:51 am

Haha. I guess I am lucky that Cricket only got the glasses.
Great surprise today. My Lucky Shoe set arrived! In 2 days!
DocC
DocC

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:08 am

Cool! The Lab really seems to have been trying to as much get stuff sent out as possible before their Holiday break. Smile

Lol, even more lucky that it was only your Makie's glasses, and not yours! Wink
My miniature poodle, Max, has managed to mangle three pairs of MY glasses so far! Lol, I keep forgetting just how high he can reach when he stands on his hind legs. Rolling Eyes

What's worse, is that I need my glasses in order to drive into town to replace them! Rolling Eyes Very Happy
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by DocC Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:05 am

Haha....Uh, Cricket actually destroyed 2 pairs of my glasses and my partner's glasses. So we've also had to get lots of new glasses! I had to drive my partner into town but I was able to use my prescription sunglasses to drive until they were ready. She almost got a pair that a visitor set on a chair but I saw her looking at them and scooped them up in time. She is almost 2 now and has less destructive urges.
DocC
DocC

Back to top Go down

Post by DocC Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:09 am

How can I stay mad at her?
Surprise me! - what'd you get in your surprise box? (spoilers) Image29
DocC
DocC

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:30 am

Oh my, my youngest son in the space of 2 weeks managed to destroy TWO pairs of my glasses. He tore the arms off. I had to rush to specsavers with the first, got a replacement pair that was identical so they just switched the lenses but almost immediately the little snot wrenched the arms off those too. I was NOT impressed.

He's not allowed to touch the Makies grrr grrrr.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:51 am

Our four legged, furry children, whatever would we do without them in our lives! I love you

Max is 6, he's my oldest "son", and still an incorrigible thief!  Mostly he just steals things for attention. Very Happy
Stuff I've handled, or "papers" which he thinks are important to me, including scraps of paper, bits of junk mail, wrappers, and old price tags. Laughing

the stuff I've handled, like my glasses, or lip gloss, he takes and tries to hide with it.  Those things he will chew up, unless I catch him with it right away.  He likes to steal my t-shirts and socks too, but he's never really chewed those, he just mouths and licks them. Wink

With the scraps of paper, that's more of an attention seeking game. Smile  
He likes to come and sit next to me to show me what he has, waiting for me to acknowledge him, and try to get the "important" paper away.  It's just  like he's daring me to try and snatch it. Very Happy
Lol, he tries to hold it so carefully too, that sometimes his whole mouth trembles and quivers. Laughing

I like to refer to him as my teenaged son, because he's always trying to steal money out of my pockets, and my bag if I forget to close it. Very Happy
He's succeeded a few times too, one time it was a twenty and another time a bunch of folded bills that included a hundred!  Rolling Eyes Laughing
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:07 am

Lol, and human children too, p_m, but I haven't got any of those....

Unless you count all the students I've had when I was teaching. Wink
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:27 pm

I swear my youngest is actually a puppy in human form. He eats paper (loooves to steal my art and eat it, and important envelopes.) He chews stuff, he howls a lot bah. Who needs a dog when you have a toddler, toddlers are basically dogs. They slobber on you, they eat off the floor, they steal your stuff and chew/eat it and they LOOOVE going walkies hahah. They also poop everywhere and expect you to clean it up. Yep, totally dogs.
Eldest is more like a cat. he ignores us, glares with disdain when we say his name and only pays any attention to us when he wants something.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DocC Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:21 pm

Little scruffy animals. Been through 2 kids and 2 grandboys. My oldest is 18 1/2! How did that happen? I remember him at 2 years old quite vividly. Shocking business. Give me puppies. If only they lived as long!
DocC
DocC

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:20 am

Hear, Hear! cheers
I'll take puppies over babies any day. Wink

Wouldn't it be wonderful if our furry kids could live longer, their little lives are just too brief! I'd settle for even just 30 or 40 year lifespans for my little ones.

I don't even like to think about how short their lives are, and having to eventually say that final good bye.... It makes me just too sad.

So, on to something more lighthearted. Smile

Purple_monkfish, I say the exact reverse about my dogs, that it's just like having five human sons! Lol! Very Happy

I had to go through "potty training" with all of them.

I buy them all sorts of toys to play with, and I'm always picking up after them.

Three of them participate in special activities, that I have to drive them to and from, as well as "coach" them. (Agility dog training, and competitions) Wink

I have to put them to bed and "tuck" them in at night, sometimes bribing them with a bedtime treat.

My "teenager" has to be pushed and prodded to get him to get up from where he's sleeping and actually go to bed. Very Happy

Plus, I have to watch that he doesn't swipe bags of snacks out of the kitchen and gobble them up before any of his "brothers" can get to have any.

He will also eat up everyone's dinner if he gets a chance.
(Lol, Max once scarfed up what was left of a bag of dry food that was meant to be part of everyone's supper.)

Then there's the Doctor visits, booster shots, dental check-ups, and teeth cleaning......

See what I mean, it really is just like having kids! Wink Laughing
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum