The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lottie, Hazel, and Lorelei (and a few other updates)

+4
Artful Owl
Purple_Monkfish
MissRead
jupiternames
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lottie, Hazel, and Lorelei (and a few other updates) - Page 2 Empty Re: Lottie, Hazel, and Lorelei (and a few other updates)

Post by jupiternames Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:04 am

It has been way too long since I updated here. I've been working through updated character bios in my head, but that will take a while to put down. In the meantime, I have removed Hazel from her tube...last November? December? So I fail at updates. Anyway.

Hazel was part of that final strawberry 3Dp lot that came out looking sunburned. Also at the time they didn't have her correct wig, so she went through an awkward time with wigs, which you can see below.

Lottie, Hazel, and Lorelei (and a few other updates) - Page 2 20806466234_26dbba988f

She was sent with the Amy wig, but once Lorelei came out of her tube, she snatched the Amy wig away and I had to give Hazel the blonde wig above. But getting to the point, here she is finally all "finished" on holiday in Southern California. And I think I also owe you all an updated picture of Lorelei, but let's wait for better light.

Lottie, Hazel, and Lorelei (and a few other updates) - Page 2 24941295086_cd55ae0883
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Lottie, Hazel, and Lorelei (and a few other updates) - Page 2 Empty Re: Lottie, Hazel, and Lorelei (and a few other updates)

Post by Artful Owl Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:38 pm

ooo. Is she the last of the tube dwellers? She looks sassay. I like the white wig and that her eyebrows match.  Did she vacation in California without you, or did she allow you to come along? Wink

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:36 pm

Hah! She had several traveling companions, more Makies and even me and my partner. Hazel has a lot of personality, just like her fearless namesake.

And whoops, I've still got one in-tube, but I've been buying dye and planning clothes for HIM, so his time is coming soon. And I may as well out myself. I ordered a "top secret" Makie for hard times, but I've taken her out of her tube so that I can see her face and begin learning how she goes.

She is a white, so I purchased her even before the closedown. On the last day they sold Ice Frosting, actually. I'd consider now to be "hard times" enough.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:53 pm

A boy and an ice frosting, lol. You are like Hermione, just keep pulling things out of that tiny bag. Can't wait to see what you do with the dye guy.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:56 pm

Envious of all your stashed away for rainy day makies omg! hahah.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:15 am

Artful Owl wrote:A boy and an ice frosting, lol. You are like Hermione, just keep pulling things out of that tiny bag. Can't wait to see what you do with the dye guy.

Yes, I love Hermione! Aww.

This new guy is going to be interesting, though, I promise! He's another Star Wars alien. Once I've dyed and modded him I want to take an "after" picture of the seven Makies together.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:22 am

Purple_Monkfish wrote:Envious of all your stashed away for rainy day makies omg! hahah.

It's my inner squirrel coming out. It was certainly difficult to put them back into their tubes when they got here, though.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:44 am

Here's some progress on one of my projects. I've been wanting all my rat Makies to have pajamas in the hope that I can get a picture of everyone in pajamas together. The weekend before last, I made up a nightgown for Lottie, though I've cheated and not put on snaps or even velcro. Maybe I should go with velcro on this one so that I can call it done faster.

Lottie, Hazel, and Lorelei (and a few other updates) - Page 2 25362053430_ba8ee66e46

Anyway, for a bit of background, my Lottie rat has very large ears, even though she isn't a dumbo rat. So Lottie Makie was designed with maxed out ears. Also, I use the "elf" ears to represent the top ear trait (most rats have this) and the round ears for dumbo. Seriously, though, if you think rats are cute, google dumbo rat.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:38 am

This weekend, I took an updated picture of Lorelei. She always manages to keep her makeup perfect, even when riding in my purse. Lorelei is Hazel's cousin.

Lottie, Hazel, and Lorelei (and a few other updates) - Page 2 25655210982_c428c24c21
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:58 am

I snapped this candid shot of Lizzie and Lottie trying to teach Lois the Barbie how to stand on her own. I can't bear to tell them it's not likely to work.

Lottie, Hazel, and Lorelei (and a few other updates) - Page 2 26312563870_800ba783b8
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:58 pm

Ha, nice. She is the one I got also, trying to support different shapes in playline! Sadly, her leg broke off about ten minuted out of the box, so she really needs standing help. arg.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:04 pm

Oh, no! Mattel might be able to replace her for you.

I'd like one of each body type I think, though I don't really need them. I think it's really important that Mattel has made different bodies. I will likely buy Lois a couple of items from Etsy since I don't really love her outfit. There are some really nice knit dresses on that are tailored specially for the curvy body and I think she'd love to have a couple. Even though she can't really pose as I'd like, I still want to enjoy this doll.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:29 pm

No worries, they sent me a replacement voucher, and I rigged her hip with a metal pin.

There are a couple other looks in different body styles that I enjoy as well, but I've tried to limit myself to a small few super jointed girls. We will see how well that rule holds.

I'm hoping they do well, and the shape appropriate fashion packs they have planned are released. None of the fashions for the curvy girls have been a hit for me yet either though. There was one girl from an upcoming wave (with multiple outfits) whose outfits are more to my liking. But until then we can always sew for them. Did you find the knit dresses on Etsy? I should probably have a look.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:57 am

I find it heartening but slightly frustrating that the curvy body is super popular and thus keeps selling out everywhere lol. Toys R Us had both currently available Petites and both talls, no curvy. So clearly those are the ones everyone wants.

I hope if they sell well enough they'll get articulation at some point. Clearly there's a real market for larger dolls and curvy honestly has such an attractive sculpt in her tummy and thighs and such. I just wish Barbie had less hoof like feet, then she might be able to stand up.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:05 pm

Yeah, I couldn't find the blue-haired girl at first, but I guess my Target is pretty good at getting in new stock? I too hope that they will do some improved articulation.

Anyway, I found some nice, basic knit dresses and some one-piece swimsuits in this store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/All4Blythe. I think a lot of the appeal for me is in the fact that I HATE sewing on stretch fabrics.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2