The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wait, I spent how much!?!?

+6
nattherat
Purple_Monkfish
ForestGreen
IndigoAndAsh
Miss Heny
jupiternames
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wait, I spent how much!?!? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wait, I spent how much!?!?

Post by Miss Heny Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:43 pm

Sweet,looks like my humor still alive and kicking haha. Happy I made some of ya day Very Happy
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:48 pm

All seven dispatched! They're expected on Monday. I've got to get busy if I want at least one garment waiting for each one!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:07 pm

jupiternames wrote:All seven dispatched! They're expected on Monday. I've got to get busy if I want at least one garment waiting for each one!

How fast can you sew? I'm thinking this could end up with you being chained to your sewing machine (or tin) by naked Makies.

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:04 am

Well, I'm faster than I used to be, but I've already got a pair of pants, a whole outfit, a skirt, and a dress. But maybe nobody will like the dress and Poppy will take it. Thankfully everyone will arrive with clothes from the lab, but I'd like a "gift" for each of them.

Also, definitely sewing machine! So it's more like I'm surrounded by half-naked, jealous, frustrated Makie "models".
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:28 am

I've got Frost and Sage looking over my shoulders when I get on Ravelry saying that they want this or that. I have to keep telling them that I don't knit well so they'd better stick to wanting the crocheted items. 

Of course the one thing Frost really wanted was something I didn't have the right size thread for so I had to improvise with a smaller thread. At least she appreciates it, she hasn't taken it off since I put it on her to check the fit.

Sage has been rather spoiled but finally found something she wants so much that she won't even let me take it off of her so I can sew on the snaps.

Poor Robin seems to be content with his Bratz jeans and the Mincraft shirt he came in but he keeps asking me to fluff his hair. He says he might like a cozy sweater if the girls ever give me a chance to work on my knitting skills.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:56 am

Aww, Robin sounds so sweet! My Poppy is like your girls. She always wants to wear her fries skirt no matter what else she has on. Getting her to change out of it is a challenge.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:28 am

Robin is sweet but he's very vain about his hair. He's had me trim the edges of his fur wig a few times now, just tiny little cuts each time to try to even up the front. He's also had me restyle it a few times. I think we've finally come up with something he can live with though so he's not so insistent that I fix his hair now.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:45 am

The seven are due to come home tomorrow, and I've got a pair of pants for Ilaria, a whole outfit for Deena, a skirt for Hazel, and a nearly complete pair of pants for Kajal. I've also got a knit tee for Lottie, but it isn't as nice as I'd have liked. I truly hate four-way stretch knit!!

As for Lorelei, she can have the dress I made if it's her style. And poor Dvakvar can have some shorts that Garrak doesn't really like. The boys always get the short end! Maybe Dvakvar can help me come up with more menswear stuff.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:20 pm

How exciting Jupiter!  Glad I am not the only one who went, erm... a little overboard with the orders!  Mine are coming in dribs and drabs though...and one went awol so has delayed the delivery somewhat.

I need to get sewing as well.  Love what you have made so far.  So wish we had  JoAnns here!
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:18 am

JoAnns. It's where my bank account goes to die a slow death! Though, I like the local quilter's shop near my parents just as well--that's where I found the chess fabric.

But my Chicago JoAnns is pretty good at holding me over when I'm not in San Diego. People are always letting their remnants go to the remnants bin where everything is half off. Most of my stuff comes from there because it's always enough fabric for a doll and it's the best deal in the whole store.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:53 am

As promised, here's the group! They all arrived today.

Wait, I spent how much!?!? - Page 2 21402914606_1e9fa5c44a

And they've got their gifts (mostly).

Wait, I spent how much!?!? - Page 2 21241330328_5df6e986d3

Three of these four will be dyed. They all go with Theral--they will be (left to right) a Rattataki, a Zeltron, a Mirialan, and a Devaronian.

Wait, I spent how much!?!? - Page 2 21429139675_87c26794c9

These three represent my current rats and none will be dyed. Hazel on the left looks like she has a sunburn, but oh well! 
Wait, I spent how much!?!? - Page 2 21429139435_9e0767cf08

Also, I think Lorelei (middle) wants Hazel's wig. Poor Hazel was meant to have white hair, but the lab was out of the Legolas wig!
Wait, I spent how much!?!? - Page 2 21429139165_8564091153

I don't know if any of you will remember that I was thinking about getting Lottie above as a birthday Makie, but I changed her skin tone to cocoa and I think it's really perfect. They're now all back in their tubes waiting for their "moment" except for Ilaria, who will be the first to go in the dye bath.

Wait, I spent how much!?!? - Page 2 20806467324_1dbd0cff08
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by ichibidrop Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:11 am

Gah!!!! How exciting! Such a big group! I can't wait to see how they all turn out! You're so good at this ^_^
ichibidrop
ichibidrop

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:24 am

You must both excited and a bit overwhelmed by the work needed to be done on your new group. I can not wait to see them looking like they are supposed to.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:43 am

What a great group, much excitement indeed!  Can't wait to see how they all turn out.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:40 am

ForestGreen wrote:You must both excited and a bit overwhelmed by the work needed to be done on your new group. I can not wait to see them looking like they are supposed to.
I put all but Ilaria (the curly-haired white girl) away to be "earned". Before they got here, I made a schedule of tasks that need to be completed to get each one. I have to do a mundane task and a fun task done to earn each doll. For example, I have to finish Ilaria's outfit and dye, etc as well as do mending before I can get Deena.

I feel like the seven of them got shortchanged by being ordered together, like they don't each get their moment to be top Makie, so that's why I made the schedule. Now that you mention it, though, it would be overwhelming to just have them all out, waiting. And because I habitually take on way more than I should, I'm working on several of the tasks at once.  bounce We'll see how I do.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:57 am

Ooooo. So many! They are all cool, but I hardly know where to look first. Your task schedule sounds like a great idea. Looking forward to your first dye victim.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:08 am

Yes, and each with her (or his!) own questions and concerns. What clothes will each want? Is everyone's wig right? Why didn't I have a gift waiting for ME? So I'm just focusing on Ilaria, who is definitely going into the dye bath!

I actually had to pull everyone out of "cold storage" today to do an eye mech inspection given everyone's problems. Looks like Ilaria's is a bit loose and Dvakvar's may be a little faulty, but I'll try him again tomorrow once my fingers aren't sore from pulling out eye mechs. Then I can let the lab know and see what they want to do with the information.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:21 am

I like the idea of just taking one out at a time - I think you are right, it means you will have more of a chance to get to know each one better ;-)
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestGreen Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:30 pm

jupiternames wrote:I put all but Ilaria (the curly-haired white girl) away to be "earned". Before they got here, I made a schedule of tasks that need to be completed to get each one. I have to do a mundane task and a fun task done to earn each doll. For example, I have to finish Ilaria's outfit and dye, etc as well as do mending before I can get Deena.

I feel like the seven of them got shortchanged by being ordered together, like they don't each get their moment to be top Makie, so that's why I made the schedule. Now that you mention it, though, it would be overwhelming to just have them all out, waiting. And because I habitually take on way more than I should, I'm working on several of the tasks at once.  bounce We'll see how I do.
That is a brilliant idea! I probably should have done the same when Robin and Frost arrived. Frost has just been lounging around in a dress I made as a test to see if I could manage to alter a crochet pattern for smaller thread. Sage has taken center stage since she arrived, first thinking that she wanted to be a tough goth girl and then deciding that she wants to be a wood elf. Perhaps she will end up doing dual duty.

Last night's accident with Robin's eye mech has thrown me for a loop. Knowing that it wasn't my fault he broke and that the lab will be replacing his head is helping but I haven't regained my crafty momentum yet.

ForestGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum