The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ig is coming

+4
Artful Owl
KimonoKittyCat
Purple_Monkfish
IndigoAndAsh
8 posters

Go down

Ig is coming Empty Ig is coming

Post by KimonoKittyCat Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:27 am

So I had some spare birthday money and I couldn't say no with Ig's gorgeous face looking back at me Very Happy . I also went a little overboard with some accessories and that birthday money I was hoping to 'save' has now been spent. But not a single regret, now Nala will have a friend and I've got some awesome accessories to with him. Here is the face that caused me to break my wallet. Ig is coming <a href=Ig is coming Image13" />
He more so created by accident because I was just playing with the sliders on the maker one day and thus the goofy face, he is also coming with some green hearing aids. Now for the two week wait... Time to refresh that tracking every ten minutes! Smile

Last edited by KimonoKittyCat on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Picture wouldn't show)
KimonoKittyCat
KimonoKittyCat

Back to top Go down

Ig is coming Empty Re: Ig is coming

Post by IndigoAndAsh Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:11 pm

He looks great - can't wait to see how he looks in 3D!

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:32 pm

Yay another Ig! hahah, mine is chilling on my desk with a cup of coffee looking surprisingly calm and ignoring his brother's chaos behind him. Ahem.

Your boy has a cute face, it'll be interesting to see in 3d. Extreme sliders are always interesting to see made real.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Yeah I'm really excited to see his face made real. I've never really seen any makies with a face like his yet so I am totally clueless on how he is going to look in nylon.Very Happy
KimonoKittyCat
KimonoKittyCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:54 am

Cool! I def want to see him once he is real, super curious.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:00 pm

How exciting!  I bet you can't wait for him to arrive.  He looks real cute.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:21 am

I just received the email, Ig has gone into print! Smile  I'm surprised how fast this was, if I remember correctly it took Nala around 4-5 days to be sent to print this time it was only 3. Since I'm on holidays and I don't have a lot to do this wait is agonising! I have been trying to keep busy by sewing him some outfits and arranging and creating his room before he arrives. I would take photos but it's dark and my lighting is horrible so pictures will come tomorrow when I have good lighting. So far I have made him a hammock bed, a garden with some crops and crates, a blackboard, a desk and a chair. Very Happy
KimonoKittyCat
KimonoKittyCat

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:43 am

So after a couple of days of rain with little or no light to photograph in, I finally have some sunlight for a fairly decent photo Razz . So here is the most recent photos of Nala and Ig's new living quarters. Ig is coming <a href=Ig is coming Maddy_10" />
Sorry for the horrible quality, my phone has really bad photo quality sometimes. I'm really excited for Ig to come so I can take pictures of him, he should be shipped soon. Time to stalk Makie's instagram page for any quick glimpses of him. Smile
KimonoKittyCat
KimonoKittyCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tesa Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:00 pm

I love the hammock Smile The room looks very nice!
Tesa
Tesa

https://mymakie.com/people/tesa/

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:55 am

Their plants are great! Are they miniatures? They look very real, and the scale is great.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:03 pm

jupiternames wrote:Their plants are great! Are they miniatures? They look very real, and the scale is great.
Thanks actually no they aren't miniatures. I made them from fake plants and some pony beads using the tutorial by myfroggystuff. I love how they turned out. Very Happy
KimonoKittyCat
KimonoKittyCat

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:31 pm

So today I got an email from the lab which I have been waiting for since Monday. I open the email and read that Ig was back from the printers but something had gone wrong and he was defective so they can't send him to me and of course he won't be here by the 2 week deadline. Sad  This kinda sucks, I was planning to take him a medieval festival in 2 days but now I don't think it will happen. Oh well the makie team were really helpful and I know they are trying their best to get him here. Actually I kinda expected this to happen with Ig, he probably was being printed and accidentally touched something he shouldn't of or he found a scratch or something on him then proceeded to make it worse until it became a defect. Silly Ig. Oh well I will just have to do even more sewing to keep me from constantly refreshing my emails and the makie website. Very Happy
KimonoKittyCat
KimonoKittyCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:59 pm

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this! It happens sometimes unfortunately. You should totally ask them for a photo of defective Ig heh.
But oh how disappointing! I hope he's reprinted super fast and with you ASAP!
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful Owl Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:34 am

Argg. Yes this happened to my Postman Will too. I guess his dye was uneven and he needed to be reprinted. It took a while, but it is nice to know the folks at MakieLab care about the quality of what they send, and do their best to make things right. Sorry you won't have him for the festival! It is a bummer.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:27 am

Thank you p_m and Artful. I agree it's awesome that a doll company cares so much for their customers that they are willing to remake a doll just so it's up to the highest standards. It's great and it is no wonder they have so many fans. I hope Ig does arrive quickly though, I am almost tempted to ask if they could send me the defect part with him so I can make some sort of mutated makie or practice dying on it.Very Happy
KimonoKittyCat
KimonoKittyCat

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:27 pm

So I just received the email that Ig has been shipped! Yay after waiting for his parts to be reprinted, he is coming home. I checked Instagram for any sort of early sneak peek of his face but I couldn't find any. Well it will have to be a surprise. Now to refresh that tracking every 20 mins:P.
KimonoKittyCat
KimonoKittyCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:48 am

yay!!!
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down