The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I found the "New Topic" button, Yay!

+3
DollYay
Purple_Monkfish
jupiternames
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I found the "New Topic" button, Yay! Empty I found the "New Topic" button, Yay!

Post by JRyu Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:27 pm

Finally! I found the button to click on to start a new topic/new thread from here in wonderful Mobile Version land! Razz

It is down on the very bottom of each page that shows the list of topics/threads found in that section of the forum.
I must have missed it during my initial search, although, I'd almost swear that it wasn't there before! 0_o

Anyway, I'd like to make a picture request. ^_^
Please, would someone who has Makies with both the old Makie body type and the new Makie body type, post some side by side comparison shots?

I'm really curious to see what the old body actually looks like in the nylon, and what the differences are between the two bodies in terms of the ability to pose, and the look of the joints.

Thanks! ^_^

JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

I found the "New Topic" button, Yay! Empty Re: I found the "New Topic" button, Yay!

Post by jupiternames Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:30 am

Hi, Jryu! I've just finished up some comparison photos of Allie and Steffie. I'm going to give them their own space in the gallery rather than put them here. I'll set it up review style. This was something I wondered about too before I got Allie.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

I found the "New Topic" button, Yay! Empty Re: I found the "New Topic" button, Yay!

Post by JRyu Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:55 am

Okay, I just finished looking at the great comparison photos that Jupiternames posted of her classic and her cutie girls.

Now, if anyone happens to have a classic boy and a cutie boy, I'd love to see some comparison pictures of those two boys as well!
Please! ^_^
JRyu
JRyu

Location : In the middle of the Pacific...literally! Lol! On The Big Island of Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:56 pm

I'm on it! I can't do bodies as mine both have the newer style body, but it's the same as the girl body just with the boy shaped torso.
But the heads are quite different. Gimmie a bit and i'll find pics.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:58 pm

I found the "New Topic" button, Yay! P1100014

Here we go. John in the middle is a classic. If you like I can do wigless shots too heh.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:52 pm

Okay.... Interesting, maybe his face-up has something to do with it, but his head shape and facial sculpting appear to be much more realistic looking compared to the cuties. Is it just me, or does anyone else think this too?

If it is like the girl's body, only with a boy shaped torso.... Now I'm even more curious!

So, in your opinion, which body would you consider to appear more masculine, or say more adult male looking, the true classic one, or the current cutie one?

Any and all opinions on this are welcome. ^_^
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:31 pm

I think the classic male looks older but honestly I prefer cutie guys to classic boys. But great comparison! They look truly different, each style.
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:44 pm

classic male face def looks a lot older. He's like.. grown up makie to young boys. I kinda love how the classic boys have this really prominant nose, like.. look at that thing! the bridge goes up so high and I LOVE that. I have a thing for prominant noses on male characters.

The girls I find can, without careful makeup end up looking a little masculine though because their features are, like the boys, a lot squarer and more exaggerated. Also the girl classic heads are HUGE. the boy classic face is more close to the cutie size but looks tictac-like against the girl classic.

I def feel the biggest change between classic boys and cutie boys is that nose. The cuties have such petite little noses, even with the sliders maxed on "arch" like with Nate his nose is still adorable and small. there was more range ot have big ol' beaky noses with the classics and I regret never getting one when I could, because I LIVE for beaky noses omg.

the girl heads I think there's a much more noticable difference, but the boys are still quite different to one another.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:11 am

I like distinctive noses too, but they have to be thin! ^_^ I really don't like wide, fat, squashy looking noses, pudgy piggy noses, or pudgy fat baby noses!

Be they large or tiny, prominent or almost nonexistent, I like my noses to be thin, sharp and pointy. Very Happy
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:50 am

JRyu wrote:Okay.... Interesting, maybe his face-up has something to do with it, but his head shape and facial sculpting appear to be much more realistic looking compared to the cuties.   Is it just me, or does anyone else think this too?

If it is like the girl's body, only with a boy shaped torso....  Now I'm even more curious!  

So, in your opinion, which body would you consider to appear more masculine, or say more adult male looking, the true classic one, or the current cutie one?

I would be surprised if the body of either looked more adult male-like, given that I don't think they redesigned the whole torso. Also, the old male arms look to me to be somewhat muscular like the current arms. Here is a link to a blog post with some pictures. My Garrak has the newer body like p_m's classics, otherwise I would have photographed him.

http://lovesbloom.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2013-07-03T19:07:00%2B01:00&max-results=7&start=52&by-date=false

Another thing I notice from these pictures is that the Makie photographed, Vikare, seems to have different hands. I've never noticed these on anyone else. Weird!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:42 am

oh yeah, his hands are kinda.. blunter fingers. Interesting.
The older torsos had almost nipples and belly buttons heh, I wonder why they don't have belly buttons anymore.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:04 pm

Yeah, I wonder if it's a difference in tumbling or a subtle redesign. Anyway, I SO want a pistachio Makie. So cool! C'monn eBay, provide.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:42 pm

You could probably dye yourself one? hah. not sure what they used for the pistachio colour, the lab folk might be willing to tell.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:00 pm

jupiternames wrote:
JRyu wrote:Okay.... Interesting, maybe his face-up has something to do with it, but his head shape and facial sculpting appear to be much more realistic looking compared to the cuties.   Is it just me, or does anyone else think this too?

If it is like the girl's body, only with a boy shaped torso....  Now I'm even more curious!  

I would be surprised if the body of either looked more adult male-like, given that I don't think they redesigned the whole torso. Also, the old male arms look to me to be somewhat muscular like the current arms. Here is a link to a blog post with some pictures. My Garrak has the newer body like p_m's classics, otherwise I would have photographed him.

http://lovesbloom.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2013-07-03T19:07:00%2B01:00&max-results=7&start=52&by-date=false

Another thing I notice from these pictures is that the Makie photographed, Vikare, seems to have different hands. I've never noticed these on anyone else. Weird!
Weird. Those fingers are defiantly different than any I've ever seen... Looking at Sci, whom I added stuff to her hair, (will post pic soon) I like the concealed joints on cuties better than the classics joints, just looking.
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:17 pm

Purple_Monkfish wrote:I found the "New Topic" button, Yay! P1100014

Here we go. John in the middle is a classic. If you like I can do wigless shots too heh.

Wow, I LOVE John!  He is fantastic and very realistic looking.  More mature.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Yes, I think it might have something to do with the classics having a less stylized head and face shape, I think this may be why the few classics I've seen tend to look more adult, or more mature to me.

It could also have something to due with those "exaggerated facial features", that purple_monkfish was referring to, as human facial features tend to get more craggy and distinctive as we age, so we subconsciously associate the classic Makies "exaggerated facial features" with him/her being older or more mature.... I'm just speculating out loud here, mind you. ^_~
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:33 pm

I suspect you're right, the bigger noses certainly do add a degree of maturity. I love the big noses hahaha, I miss them.
I would love a good ol' beaky nosed boy, it would make me happy.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Happy birthday, JRyu! I hope your Makies have planned something fun for you.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:54 pm

Happy Birthday!
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by JRyu Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:49 am

Thanks Jupiternames and DollYay! Lol, my birth certificate claims a that I am now a terribly adult old age of 58 yrs. ^^
However, I often suspect that like Merlin, I am actually living my life backwards, and have probably just now reached my teens! Very Happy

Lol, I certainly don't feel or act like most 58 year olds. ^_~
JRyu
JRyu

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:03 am

I get that! I still feel like I'm a kid. If you're Merlin, I'm Peter Pan. I never outgrew my toys and with every passing year I don't really feel older. At least not mentally.

I'll be 30 this year; I don't even care! I'm still 7 at heart!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:03 am

we're the same age Jupiter! wow.
I am certain i've lost time because I don't feel 30 man. I'm like "where'd my 20s go?, I swear I was only 22 yesterday" hahaha.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by howll Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:08 pm

I'll forever feel 16, I don't know why...although I'm 24, I don't feel like I'm aging (well, I'm probably getting grumpier heh)
howll
howll

https://www.flickr.com/photos/howll/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkinlae Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:16 pm

I love John I miss the Classic Makies a lot especially the guys I just can't seem to fall in love with the Cutie guys as much.

John doesn't happen to be John Constantine by any chance? The whole look he's got going made me think of him

Arkinlae

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:20 pm

Well spotted Arkinlae
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum