The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makie's Eyes

4 posters

Go down

Makie's Eyes Empty Makie's Eyes

Post by TerrestrialGuardians Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:24 pm

Hey fellow makers! I have a question;
So I've bought some BJD doll eyes to use for my new makies Chloe and Trinity (They have not yet arrived) and they're the exact right size but they're too thick, any suggestions on how to make these doll eyes thinner before the duo get here? And with regards to that, are the newer makies' mechanisms smaller and able to fit this thickness? Not quite sure how to ask that. Thank you!
TerrestrialGuardians
TerrestrialGuardians

Back to top Go down

Makie's Eyes Empty Re: Makie's Eyes

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:23 pm

are they half rounds? If you turn the mechanism around you might have a little more luck, or may have to resort to some eye putty or tack. Pictures might help visualise precisely what the problem is heh. I've used full round glass eyes in a couple of my dolls and those need putty along with the mech turned the other way to stop them rattling around, but that's because they're so heavy. i've got some half rounds en route from china so hopefully will be able to test those soon too.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerrestrialGuardians Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:24 pm

I have photos but I cannot upload them here for some reason. When I try it doesn't exactly work.
TerrestrialGuardians
TerrestrialGuardians

Back to top Go down

Post by TerrestrialGuardians Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:25 pm

And with regards to eye putty I don't know what that is or where to get it because I'm new with BJD doll eyes. And they are half rounds, I've been experimenting with my makie Flow Girl's eye mechanism and when I try to put it on the other way it looks really strange.
TerrestrialGuardians
TerrestrialGuardians

Back to top Go down

Post by Tesa Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Here are instructions on how to upload photos Smile
Tesa
Tesa

https://mymakie.com/people/tesa/

Back to top Go down

Post by sigsi Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:41 pm

I've used blue sticky tack for one of the dolls I have and it works perfectly fine. It says it has a potential to stain though, so it depends on how concerned you are with a potential stain on the inside of your Makie's head. Eye putty would be better though as I read it usually will not stain, I just had the blue tack on hand and didn't feel like waiting for shipping or trying to find it in stores.
sigsi
sigsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down