The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monkfish's crew

+10
Artful Owl
Vaergo
roopye
jupiternames
mama makie
KimonoKittyCat
DollYay
Jupeycat
MissRead
Purple_Monkfish
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Monkfish's crew Empty Monkfish's crew

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:59 pm

My steadily expanding Makie family lol.

Monkfish's crew P1090311

Gabriel Travers, (Gabe for short) is a half elf. Elves in alternate universe London exist, and they tend to be more inclined toward supernatural abilities. In Gabe's case, he's a medium. He can see ghosts, even if he doesn't really want to.
He's a musician, makes most of his money busking around the streets of London. He's a laid back guy who would just like to be able to get on with his life, without all those dead people harassing him. But he feels obligated to help, and so he does. Now if only he could get rid of his irritating "spirit guide" who never seems to go away.

Monkfish's crew P1090312

Nathaniel Wyatt, (Nate) died in the early 20th century, but that hasn't stopped him from making the best of things.

He was something of a conman in life, when the London elite started to take a great interest in the supernatural he was right there to cash in on the fad.
He soon met a struggling young psychic, talented but with no business sense at all. Nate offered his services as agent, and the two became firm friends.
while the psychic was something of an optimist, Nate had a more realistic view of the world. He was a born sceptic and didn't believe any of this ghost rubbish at all, but he knew there was money to be made in offering readings to the well off and gullible.
The pair made a modest living and eventually opened their own business, a psychic detective agency. They mostly were employed to find lost jewellery or offer consolation to bereaved widows.

Unfortunately they got on the wrong side of the wrong people. Nate was killed and when he woke up again, found himself somewhat..lacking substance.

He's stuck around the family ever since, keeping an eye on his old friend's descendents and hoping at least one of them might start to display an ounce of their ancestor's talent. Gabe is the first in several generations to be able to see him, let alone hear him.

Monkfish's crew P1090313

Zhi Sun is a performing arts student from London. He's a talented acrobat, dancer and tailor. His passion lies in costuming, he sews a lot of his own clothes, as well as things for his sister Jian.
By night he works in a bar to make ends meet, though he would love to one day be producing the elaborate costumes for the west end.
On days he isn't in lectures he and his sister perform for the crowds in Covent Garden.

Monkfish's crew P1090210

Jian Sun is Zhi's sister and Gabe's best friend. They've known one another since childhood.

Jian is, like her brother, a performing art student though her passion lies in acrobatics. She's a born tumbler, she often jokes about running away to join the circus. Honestly, she'd love to be a part of something like cirque du soleil.

On her days off she performs alongside her brother in Covent Garden, they have an acrobatic/dance act.
She's a talented juggler and fire dancer.

She's a sweet natured extrovert who dearly loves her best friend but worries about his sanity. He seems to talk to himself a lot, and Jian's concerned by this.

Monkfish's crew P1090211

Lírel Faladiir is Jian's girlfriend, ,they've been together a couple of years now. Lirel is an elf, and yes, she can see Nate. Gabe's sworn her to secrecy however, he's not quite ready to explain all this to Jian and Zhi, who he's certain would never understand and would only worry more.

Lirel is a published author, in fact, she has a modestly successful series featuring a half-orc detective who solves supernatural crime. A few of her stories are based on truth, tales told to her by Nate himself, though both are rather prone to exaggeration and creative embellishment.

Lirel's a sensible young lady with a good head for business and promotion, she is often travelling around promoting her latest novel. She doesn't mind that she's considered something of a pulp author, she likes pulp and her readers are a fun bunch who don't take things too seriously. Of course, she'd like to write something a little more serious, but right now trash sells and she knows she'd be a fool not to cash in on her success in the name of integrity. She'd far rather have money than literary acclaim thank you very much, it puts food on the table and her last novel bought her a new house.

Monkfish's crew P1090621

Felicity (Fizz) Giles is a photographer and bit of a paranormal nut. She's fascinated by stories of ghosts and the afterlife and is certain there is more beyond the veil.
Being a half-elf, she does have some minor psychic ability, but sadly this only means she gets "feelings" when there are spirits nearby and nothing useful or believable.

One afternoon Fizz was taking photos in one of the London squares. When she paused to look over her shots she noticed something off, a sort of orb of light near to one of the buskers. She zoomed in and began to be able to just make out what she was certain was a human form.
But there was nobody with the busker, he was alone.
Fascinated and excited, she took a few more photos, focussing on the guitar player who was too busy to notice.
The ghostly figure became more and more obvious in those shots, there was definitely someone in period clothing standing a little behind the busker and looking bored.

Had she finally found her proof of ghosts!?

She waited around and when the man finished his set, she dared to approach. Anxious and unsure how to start, she introduced herself and asked if he minded if she took a picture.
He assumed she was a tourist or something, so he shrugged and agreed. Anything to get a little small change after all.

Once she'd snapped his photo, again, there was the figure. She showed the busker the image and he froze.

"What do you think it is?" She asked.

He looked nervous. "I... uh..."

"It can't be a double exposure, this is digital. Do you think... do you believe in spirits?"

She felt a gust of cold wind move past her, someone or something standing behind her. She turned, there was of course, nobody there.

The busker started packing his things away.

"There's no such thing as ghosts."  he told her flatly.

She didn't believe him.

He left, and with him went that cold prickling feeling on the back of her neck.

she went back to taking photos of the square, but the ghostly figure was gone.

A few weeks later the busker was back, and so too was Fizz. again, the figure in the photos was clear to see. She was going to get the bottom of this.

As soon as he saw her he stopped playing.

"Again?"

"Yes." She said. "And HE'S with you. Who is he?"

The busker frowned, glanced around and sighed. "How about we go get a drink?, i'll tell you all about it."

And he was true to his word. At a nearby cafe over a cup of coffee he explained about the ghostly guide who wouldn't leave him alone, about being a medium, about seeing spirits and helping them to move on.

Fizz listened enthralled, and somewhat envious. She couldn't understand why the guy was so cagey about his talent. He could give so many people closure! He could help so many! But he shook his head and told he she "wouldn't understand."

But the longer they talked, the more the busker realised how nice it was to have someone he COULD talk to about all this.
One cup of coffee became an entire evening of wandering London chatting, laughing, getting to know one another. For the first time it didn't feel wrong to talk to things only he could see, because Fizz seemed to take absolute delight in including the ghost she could neither see nor hear in the conversation.

Gabe and Fizz have been friends since, she'll often show up when he's performing and sit and quietly watch.

She thinks his friend Zhi is kinda cute.

Last edited by Purple_Monkfish on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Monkfish's crew Empty Re: Monkfish's crew

Post by MissRead Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:13 pm

Great reading all about your Makie family, their personalities, occupations and interests.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupeycat Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:14 pm

You've created a little world, I love it!  I wonder who will be joining them next...
Jupeycat
Jupeycat

http://cats.org.uk/dewsbury

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:13 pm

They are so adorable! I love Lirel's glasses!
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:14 pm

Monkfish's crew P1090510

Monkfish's crew P1090511

Things got a little romantic for Valentine's day. The boys all rolled their eyes and went back to their video games. Nate made some remarks about modern culture but he shut up after Lirel shot him a withering gaze that could probably kill him all over again.

So Lirel and Jian had a lovely evening together. Gabe and Zhi played a lot of Call of Duty and me? Husband and I watched Dredd. bwhahaha, because we're romantic like that.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:37 pm

Ha ha, love the 'review' of your evening!  Very Happy
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:45 am

Monkfish's crew P1090512

My desk was getting a little cluttered so the Makies got a new little home. I cleared some shelf space, opened the Ikea Husset set i've had sitting around for a good year and got them all cosied up.

Only problem is, the shelf is slightly too short for the Makies to stand comfortably. I can't move it either, it's a fixed shelf boooo.
But oh well, it works for the time being.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:52 am

Monkfish's crew P1090610

Happy slightly belated Chinese New Year!

Zhi and Jian had a family get together and of course Lirel was invited along, she IS part of the family after all.
Much fun was had with the giant sheep.

Monkfish's crew P1090611

I really need to get a traditional outfit for Zhi. It's really hard to find anything for a boy doll though. Argh. May have to sew him some stuff.

Monkfish's crew P1090612

McKenna (the sheep) seemed to be a big hit with the Makies.

Monkfish's crew P1090613

The evening ended with some slow dancing, everyone had a grand time.

Monkfish's crew P1090614

Then Gabe and Nate came over and a ridiculous game of Charades broke out. Oooo dear. Nate thought it was all rather stupid, it was obvious the answer was Azerbaijan.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:03 am

Looks like you makies had a very fun night. I love Jian's traditional outfit it's so cute. Very Happy
KimonoKittyCat
KimonoKittyCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:34 pm

Sunday morning, sitting at my desk... a white van pulled up outside.
I thought nothing much of it till a man got out and started pulling parcels from the back. So I watched him thinking "huh, maybe it's a Hermes driver for someone on the road" and starting to ponder if I was expecting any ebay or amazon post. (i'm not)
Then I noticed a familiar looking tube shaped parcel. The guy turned around and I saw he was wearing a DHL uniform.
Wait... DHL? On a Sunday?

I stared at him out the window from my chair as he approached the house, hardly daring to think it could possibly be DHL really.

It was. I answered the door half undressed (it was morning, i hadn't had my shower man! I'm not putting pants on to have breakfast!) and could hardly contain my glee.
Dhl.. on a Sunday! omg!

So yes, Fizz is here! She's here! eeeeee

Monkfish's crew P1090615
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Oh wow!  I can just imagine your surprise and glee....see secretly she was delivered so I could get a  glimpse of her before I go away!  What a fantastic girl!  Love her hair, eyes, lips and nose   She is really wonderful.  I am sure she will fit in with your crowd beautifully.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:43 pm

Monkfish's crew P1090616

A light faceup happened while we waited for eldest son to put some bloody clothes on. (he takes forever to get ready to go out.)
The lashes were a pain, they refused to sit nicely and I ended up having to redo them a few times. booo.

Monkfish's crew P1090617

She quickly befriended the Zelf I bought earlier in the week.

Monkfish's crew P1090618

She's a different colour to Gabe. Gabe's quite a reddish brown while she's more a yellowish brown.
I'm very pleased they don't look like siblings. It was something I was a bit worried would happen lol.

Monkfish's crew P1090619

She also got to hang out with the other girls for a bit.

Monkfish's crew P1090620

(ok this image is a bit blurry, drat)

The shoes i'm so happy with. They're Wee 3 Friends shoes I happened to find in my stash. they're a little big but not so big they come off. I think they're really unique looking shoes.
Leggings are Moxie Girlz.
Skirt and vest I made.
Top is Makie labs.
Necklace is Monster High.
Camera is Sindy.
Bracelets are loom bands hahaha.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mama makie Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Fizz is a stunner! Lovely face sculpture, congratulations on your new addition she fits into the family perfectly x
mama makie
mama makie

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Aw! I love her p_m! She came out great, I think they all need to update their family picture now! Smile

And wait, DHL on a Sunday?!?! She must have been really impatient to get home! Well, Sci did come on a Monday holiday...
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:22 am

Wow! Her curls are lovely. I've been hoping to get that wig for Allie. Fizz is great. I can't wait to hear more about them.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by KimonoKittyCat Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:07 am

Fizz is such a lovely girl, awesome wig choice. Can't wait to see more of Fizz and all the crew. Very Happy
KimonoKittyCat
KimonoKittyCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:25 pm

Monkfish's crew P1090622

Gabe attempts to introduce Nate to his new friend.

Monkfish's crew P1090623

Sadly this is all she sees.

Monkfish's crew P1090624

Poor Gabe. Fizz insists she believes him! But he's pretty sure she's just being nice.

Monkfish's crew P1090625

Fizz reassures him that she believes him really, she's certain ghosts exist and there's definitely a guy in Victorian looking clothes in the photos she took of Gabe, is that Nate?

Monkfish's crew P1090626

"Hey half-elf girl"
Fizz feels a cold shiver as Nate touches her shoulder.

Monkfish's crew P1090627

"Come on, i'll buy you a coffee and tell you the whole story." Gabe offers.
Fizz eagerly agrees, she's never met a real medium before and she's absolutely enthralled.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:46 pm

Monkfish's crew P1090810

One of the charity shops near eldest's school has a huge basket of doll clothes. 50p per item, which is usually a bit steep imo but I like to have a dig anyway just in case.

this time I found a few cute clothing pieces and 14 pairs of vintage sindy shoes... sweet.

Anyway, this waistcoat was one of the pieces I picked out and Nate still doesn't seem happy. Drat... nothing will please him huh?

Monkfish's crew P1090811

Then a friend sent me a huge bag of "stuff", really random stuff. Doll handbags, accessories, hats... and this... a ukulele. I laughed and laughed and laughed. 

Monkfish's crew P1090812

Also in the bag, a couple of Shopkins baskets. Score!

Monkfish's crew P1090813

I also popped into Tiger and found the trolleys. They only had one red one left and a load of black. The red one seemed more like the ones I see all the time and middle son happily wheeled it out the store and down the road (which really was as ridiculous as it sounds).
I managed to steal it away to snap a few pictures but it now lives inside the child scale shopping trolley that's an almost exact doppleganger to this one.. just bigger.
(I totally need to put that into a regular sized trolley to have like.. trolley inception)

Monkfish's crew P1090814
Today, fresh from a charity expedition, the gang all got dressed up.

Zhi's scooter is from a Bratz doll. his hat is a christmas ornament and the scarf is Bratzillaz (turned the other way around so the shiny side is hidden)

Fizz' super ugly sweater came from the charity shop today. I saw it.. I had to have it. It's mustard yellow and it makes me smile.

Lirel's hat came from the other charity shop earlier in the week. Found this little hat and thought "that's Makie sized" and I was right. YAY!

Jian's hat, again christmas ornament. Those are Action Man boots and they're a bit too big but I kinda like how clompy they look.

Gabe's skateboard was in the bag-o-stuff I got given. I think it's Barbie or something, i dunno. it's a good scale for him though, slightly bigger than the tech decks which are just a teeny bit too small.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:14 pm

Aw! They are all so cute, but sadly two of the pics won't show up for me! Sad
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:30 am

Yes! Fizz's sweater is just great. It's so bizarre. And it looks hand made. What a treasure. I love the clompy boots too--are Jian's feet inside the boots?
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:42 am

DollYay wrote:Aw! They are all so cute, but sadly two of the pics won't show up for me! Sad
 how odd, I wonder why...

Jupiter: Yes, yes they are. her bit ol' feet are all that keeps them ON hahaha. The jumper is hilariously terrible isn't it? Totally Fizz' style. It's slightly fitted, which is quite cute. I got a Ken one too but it's waaaay too big for Makies.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:48 am

I recently rediscovered an old pair of my socks that I've been thinking of turning into a Makie garment of some kind. They have a similar vibe as Fizz's sweater; they are sort of a split pea green with black apples. I used to call them my rotten apple socks. I'm not sure if they would be a jumper or a sweater dress, but someone would wear them for sure.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by DollYay Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Purple_Monkfish wrote:
DollYay wrote:Aw! They are all so cute, but sadly two of the pics won't show up for me! Sad
 how odd, I wonder why...

Jupiter: Yes, yes they are. her bit ol' feet are all that keeps them ON hahaha. The jumper is hilariously terrible isn't it? Totally Fizz' style. It's slightly fitted, which is quite cute. I got a Ken one too but it's waaaay too big for Makies.
Now on a computer they all show up. Darn ipad! Smile
DollYay
DollYay

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:30 pm

Monkfish's crew P1100010
Fizz and Zhi chilling out. I found Zhi's sewing machine hah.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roopye Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:55 pm

Ohhh what an adorable sewing machine! Rose definitely needs one of these. Also, I just love Fizz's colourful style Smile
roopye
roopye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next