The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aurella's alternative faceplate! (heavy modding)

4 posters

Go down

Aurella's alternative faceplate! (heavy modding) Empty Aurella's alternative faceplate! (heavy modding)

Post by nattherat Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:13 pm

Hey!
I was thinking I'd probably never have a reason to make a project thread again, with the closure of MakieLabs and all! But here I am.

As I think everyone knows, the ebay wars have all been a bit... overkill, in many ways. Generally this didn't really affect me, because I can live without completely brand new Makies (my crew of three is a complete crew), and I prefer accessories from other brands rather than the MakieLab ones. However, a lone faceplate went up recently, and it was the very first thing in the many ebay rounds that I actually wanted. This is it:
Aurella's alternative faceplate! (heavy modding) $_57

Which I fell in love with because it reminded me so much of my Aurella, and back before the Labs closed, I'd really hoped they'd allow us to order alternate faceplates. Considering the prices things were going for, I pretty quickly resigned to give up on it. I had it on watch, but I was away visiting friends on the day it ended, so I kind of missed it being won.
Anyway, fast-forward a week, and it turns out Lisa won it to gift to me, which is amazing! I'm totally delighted to have her home, and it goes without saying that I'm already having a ball working on her. Very Happy

So, onto the pictures!
Aurella's alternative faceplate! (heavy modding) 12934891_1059691507424262_807504621_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIzNDcyNDU5MjYxMTQ1MjA5NA%3D%3D
Here she is, borrowing Elisabeth's body and next to Aurella. You can see they have very similar cheeks/jaws, same full-lipped smile and very similar noses. Aurella is my favourite of my gang (don't tell the others), so to see a face so similar to hers, I was really excited. Very Happy

(I made the mistake of putting an IM skullcap on her. The IM skullcap of course shattered when I took it back off again. Gosh I really hate those things, why were they ever a thing.)

Aurella's alternative faceplate! (heavy modding) 12965810_267505130258458_997566294_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIzNDc1NTUzODkzMjk1MDA5Mg%3D%3D
I'd thought she was either strawberry milk or white, and she was listed as both of those things, but in reality she's almost a lemon yellow. Here she is between my two strawberry milks. Elisabeth is actually ordinarily on the yellow end of the spectrum, but next to the new face she's positively red!

Aurella's alternative faceplate! (heavy modding) 12959905_1712476025689231_165915177_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIzNDg1NDU2NjMwNzc4NDI1MQ%3D%3D
And here she is after extensive sanding, carving, and sanding again. Very Happy Her left eye (our right) is untouched, but the other eye has been carved to match Aurella's. It'll never be perfect, because the eye area is where these two sculpts differ quite a lot (Aurella's eyes are further apart, as well as set lower on the face), but I think I've got the shape and placement as close as it'll get.
This is easily the most extensive eye mod I've done, because unlike Gil and Aurella where I was simply opening their eyes more, I'm completely changing the placement of the eyes on this face; bringing them further down the face to match Aurella.

So that's my progress today. Very Happy I'm already really happy with the new eye and the sanding I've done on the eyebrows/forehead/nose. She looks a lot more perky and peppy, a lot more like Aurella basically!

To do:
-Carve and sand other eye
-Sand nose more (maybe carve too so it doesn't take a million years)
-Sand whole face to even back out
-DYE  Shocked
-Blush, to hide uneven dying especially
-face-up
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Aurella's alternative faceplate! (heavy modding) Empty Re: Aurella's alternative faceplate! (heavy modding)

Post by MissRead Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:05 pm

Always fun to have something to work on and you have made great progress so far.  How are you going to use this new face - to give Aurella a slightly different look?
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Aurella's alternative faceplate! (heavy modding) Empty Re: Aurella's alternative faceplate! (heavy modding)

Post by Artful Owl Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:27 pm

I enjoy seeing your progress. The eye reshaping looks like it is going well! It is nice to be inspired and excited about a project, for sure.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Aurella's alternative faceplate! (heavy modding) 12918052_259899601028269_520226210_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIzNDkyODcxNDI1NDA4MzQ5Mw%3D%3D
Yep, looks like I couldn't resist doing more tonight! Definitely time to stop though, since the daylight is going. Original is on bottom left. Top is a current comparison.

Thanks both! Very Happy Yeah, Aurella is a character who sports different looks and generally has more exaggerated expressions compared to Gil and Elisabeth. I adore her confident smirky smile, but she also tends to have her eyebrows raised in glee too. As well as that, she wears very strong fantasy make-up from time to time, which I can't show on her original head without wiping it. So, yep, I want to be able to give her an alternate look!
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:54 am

wow! awesome, and so heartening to see more kindness from the Makies community. What a lovely present and what a lovely project for you!
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum