The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016 doll plans

+5
jupiternames
DollYay
IndigoAndAsh
nattherat
Purple_Monkfish
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2016 doll plans - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 doll plans

Post by Miss Heny Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:20 pm

I love her torso haha, the 27 (?) CM ones have a bit more of a slightly less curvy built.
Miss Heny
Miss Heny

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkinlae Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:43 pm

(Wow it's been a while since I last posted here).

My plans keep changing as I end up getting ideas overload and I want to do it all at once. I think my plan is really to try and put some order to my projects.

I recently picked up some of my old dolls the ones that were saved from The Great Doll Purge (I tried cataloging them on Dollieh Sanctuary for those interested) and that's inspired me to want to practice face ups. I kept a couple of old Barbies just for that reason, though seen some in the charity shop too I feel like taking just in case I get to sentimental. I figure Geranium ups on older dolls, (at least one of which had already been given a crappy craft paint face up by me in panic, before I knew about faceups or anythign like that, when I accidentally removed it with nail polish remover trying to give it a clean) won't be as bad as ruining one of my more prized dolls at the moment like EAH

If I can't manage that (because finding time with a toddler is tough) then trying sew again without getting frustrated with the sewing machine halfway through a project and giving up. I would handstitch, but I'm not very neat and don't trust that everything wouldn't just unravel.

In terms of buying I really really REALLY need want the Barbie Collector Batman vs Superman dolls (I don't get all the hate it's a great movie). I'd love all three, but I doubt that's going to happen I would pass on Supes if I didn't think they'd done a great job on the face and also double jointed man body to play with. Bats could risk end up staying in the box as I hate the hair with the cowl off it looks stupid and ruins the good job they did in the face sculpt (I really hate sculpted hair in general). A Made to Move Barbie would be cool too for rebdodying purposes or an Obitsu but the Barbie would make getting clothes/patterbs a lot easier.

On the BJD front, getting my heads bodies again would be nice and I have thoughts for a YO, but I think BJDs will take a long time to happen, lots of saving.

Arkinlae

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Tue May 10, 2016 11:04 am

Update on my plans!

I sort of broke my rule on playlines. Because I'd been wanting a Pinkie Cooper, and Illiana Honesty (Bratzillaz) for a long time. Both came up on eBay for a few pounds each within a week of each other. So whoops! I'm looking forward to customising them though. Very Happy
But I still want an Isi Dawndancer and a Star Darlings Leona. They'll have to wait a bit though. A few pounds on second-hand dolls to be fixed up is ok, but £20-£25 on brand new playline dolls isn't something I feel I can drop at the moment. However, I do withdraw my previous statement that I can "live without Star Darlings". I definitely want Leona. XD

Since my last post in the thread, one Makie/resin hybrid has been done and worked out well! Gil is a delight to pose. I commissioned him new clothes as well, he looks fantastic.
After completing a nice job a little while back, I put the next body for hybriding on order. Aurella is going to be the next to get a new body! I couldn't justify picking up Elisabeth's at the same time because monies, but I will get to her eventually.

In general I'm still working on dolls I already own. I've got some playline dolls that need new faces, and I'm currently working on extensively modding my SD BJD which includes a lot of carving and sanding. XD
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Sun May 15, 2016 5:35 pm

I can't wait to see what you've picked for Aurella's new body!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Tue May 17, 2016 2:42 pm

Very Happy Thank you! I think it's going to take FOREVER haha. It's a Dollzone body, and apparently they take nearly half a year with orders at the moment, so I think it's going to be a long time. Awkwardly, I also want a different body from them for Elisabeth, so she's going to have to wait forever too. XD
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Mon May 23, 2016 3:20 am

That sounds frustrating! I hope they hurry it up a bit!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:40 pm

I thought I'd post an update on my doll plans haha. Very Happy

Play line dolls first:

-As I previously noted, I was able to get a Pinkie Cooper somebody was selling second-hand. She's very cute, I'm not sure whether to repaint her or not.

-Due to an awesome arrangement I could come to, I was able to have a friend send me Star Darlings dolls, which is awesome. They're a beautiful line. I got the Leona I was coveting, and thanks to the arrangement I was also able to get Scarlet, Vega and Cassie. I broke my "two dolls max for any playline" rule, but issues with the bodies aside, I feel like Star Darlings are one of the best playlines I've ever seen, so I'm happy with them! Amazing clothes, amazing faces, amazing eyes, etc.

-I found Project Mc2 dolls on clearance at TK Maxx which is great. I found the one I wanted: Bryden, and I'm happy with that. If I ever find a clearance Ember, I'll be tempted, but I think I'm happy with just Bryden alone. Her clothes and accessories are really great.

I have not yet got a Made-to-move Barbie or Isi Dawndancer. My interest in both is waning as I realise I just plain prefer inset eyes, and I can live with more limited posing on my playline dolls in a way I can't with BJDs. I did hybrid the Star Darlings onto EAH bodies which makes them significantly better, and if I do get the barbie, it'll be with the intention of giving Bryden a better body (I'm concerned her awesome clothing won't fit though). At this rate, I will probably end up giving Isi a miss unless she pops up pretty much right in front of me at a big discount.

Makies/BJDs:

-Gil got a new taur-style body which I will get around to posting about eventually.

-I frankensteined a few Resinsoul bits and pieces while switching Gil's body, meaning I could use the leftover pieces to give Elisabeth a body! It wasn't what I originally had in mind for her, but realistically I couldn't afford to buy a third body - the crew has already cost a lot of money! There's always the option of doing that in the future, if I'm flush and it's really bothering me. Very Happy

-Aurella had her new body arrive last week, and I have to say I've fallen in love with her all over again. Even though it needs dying, she's so much more like she was originally intended to be. I'm super pleased with her!

-Hira (the head Lisa kindly gifted me) is still in pieces, waiting to be primed, sanded, and primed and sanded, before being sent off to be airbrushed. She has an Impldoll body I was able to find second-hand very cheap. It needs sanding and dyeing before a part can be sent off with the head to be colour-matched. She needs a lot of work, so I suspect that most of the work on her might end up being part of next year's plans rather than this year's!

-Aurella, Elisabeth and Hira all need clothes! Which is my highest priority for them currently. I've been saving up money for it and hope to commission at least some of the clothes fairly soon.

I think I listed in my first post that I intended to blush and clothe my Hujoos. To update that: I've since sold them! I reached a point where I realised I just really didn't enjoy 1/12. They were cute sure, but I didn't enjoy doing anything with them, and in the end realised they'd be better in new homes. I think I can say with reasonable certainty that 1/6 is my favourite scale now. Large enough for lots of good detail, small enough to easily store or transport. Very Happy

So aside from clothes, I think that means I was able to achieve everything I wanted (and drop anything I decided I didn't want) to do doll-wise this year! If I can commission clothes for Elisabeth and Aurella, and therefore have them complete once again, by the end of the year that'll be awesome and very satisfying. It depends on budget, but since I've been saving, I'm hoping I can do it.

This post kind of sounds like loads haha, but it covers since January really so it's been a long time. Very Happy How's everyone else's doll plans going?
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2