The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made To Move Barbies

5 posters

Go down

Made To Move Barbies Empty Made To Move Barbies

Post by IndigoAndAsh Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:38 pm

I'm not normally a Barbie person at all. I prefer inset eyes to glass one, but my main objection growing up was they were telling me Barbie could be a jockey, an astronaut, or a ballerina... but she couldn't touch her nose or cross her legs? Just didn't work for me.

Then I saw comments late last year about how Mattel was going to make a Barbie with double joints. Finally saw them in Toys R Us today - I brought home Nikki (AA) and my friend got Lea (Asian).

They are _amazing_ in terms of articulation. Right now Nikki is sitting with one leg crossed full over the other, yoga style, T had Lea in a full backbend and she could be left there, quite stable.

I'll link to the Toybox Philosopher review, because her pictures (doll nudity alert) are great - Toybox Philosopher

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Made To Move Barbies Empty Re: Made To Move Barbies

Post by nattherat Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:44 am

I think they look great! Actually, after seeing a My Froggy Stuff video (I'm on mobile so I can't currently link, sorry!), I definitely want to make an Ever After High Darling Charming hybrid like they did! I have a wiped Darling around ready for a custom, and her body would be so much better as the dj barbie one!

They seem very hard and expensive to pick up in the UK at the moment though. Sad
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:52 am

nattherat wrote:I think they look great! Actually, after seeing a My Froggy Stuff video (I'm on mobile so I can't currently link, sorry!), I definitely want to make an Ever After High Darling Charming hybrid like they did! I have a wiped Darling around ready for a custom, and her body would be so much better as the dj barbie one!

They seem very hard and expensive to pick up in the UK at the moment though. Sad

£16.99 in Toys R Us! That's the first/only place I've seen them. Amazon has a few they say are £15.99 but are backordered and won't be available until February, but my local TRU had a handful there on the shelves. So worth a look if you have one of those anywhere near.

I was pleased they had all four - I'd understood the black one was a Target exclusive and figured we might not get it, but I guess where we don't have a Target they'll just sell her alongside the other 3. Much better!

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by nattherat Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:33 am

Whoa really? I went into Toys r us a couple weeks back and they were £26.
I may need to get back in there...! Thanks for the heads up about the price drop, I'm totally checking it out. Very Happy
nattherat
nattherat

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoAndAsh Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:58 am

Huh - they're definitely £16.99 on the website now, so I don't know if the £26 was an error or they have just dropped the price to something sensible.

I have to say... they have four of them in a row on the website, posing in different shapes... and yet they're _not_ doing YMCA. That's just wasting everyone's time!

(I've seen the core 3 posed as the See No Evil monkeys.)

IndigoAndAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:32 pm

asda have them too and I think have them on special offer.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:12 am

IndigoAndAsh wrote:I have to say... they have four of them in a row on the website, posing in different shapes... and yet they're _not_ doing YMCA. That's just wasting everyone's time!

(I've seen the core 3 posed as the See No Evil monkeys.)
I like how you think!
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Chove Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:59 pm

I got two of these dolls today, and they are quite amazing in their posability. Which is great because lack of pose possibilities tends to be what moves me off Barbies back to other dolls. Their bodies are a wee bit different to Fashionistas even aside from the articulation (Toybox Philosopher showed this in her photos) but they fit things just fine that I've sewn for my "default model" Manuella who is an old Fashion Fever (I think) standard "bellybutton" body. Haven't tried them in many outfits yet, mostly because I can't remember where I put the Barbie clothes after I reassigned them to my Tangkous. (I have too many dolls!)
Chove
Chove

http://chovedolls.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down