The unofficial Makies fan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me make her into an alien?

+2
Artful Owl
xxamis
6 posters

Go down

Help me make her into an alien? Empty Help me make her into an alien?

Post by xxamis Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:02 am

I wanted to do something special to this Makie because before she got here I just wasn't feeling anything for her :/ but as SOON as I opened her tube I fell in love! And now I'm chickening out on dyeing her or using pastels to make her green Dx
But I do still want her to be an alien, so I'm looking for pointers on how I can do that without changing her skin too much. Like I'd do markings or something but no full on shade change.
Right now all I can think of is special eyes and just having her be an undercover alien in disguise, trying to blend in with us humans >.> 

Help??

(straight out the tube)
Help me make her into an alien? 12038422_962295867164874_74147115146166778_n

(with a Monique wig, one I prefer at the moment)
Help me make her into an alien? 12042661_962303023830825_16064684026468189_n

(close-up)
Help me make her into an alien? 12043078_962303030497491_831661622195055734_n
xxamis
xxamis

Back to top Go down

Help me make her into an alien? Empty Re: Help me make her into an alien?

Post by Artful Owl Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:37 am

An eye change is nice and reversible, good idea. If you love her as is, a mask is always an option. You can find some decent tutorials for a tight fitting mask online. Then if you miss her real face, you just take off the mask.

Artful Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiternames Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:48 am

I would think it depends on what her home planet is like. Is it technologically advanced or not so much? What sort of beauty trends do they have there? What is the climate like--if it's colder than Earth, maybe she's dressing for warm weather when you think it's cold, or the other way around.

Anyway, I think she would look more alien if she had a more "fake" looking wig, like she'd fashioned it out of a non-hair substance with too much shine or sparkle, or she'd got the texture almost right but the color wrong, something like that. Or perhaps hair is just different on her planet? I definitely agree that different eyes could be more alien. I have a Makie with red mono-eyes (no whites, just all red) and she is pretty unsettling to some of my friends.
jupiternames
jupiternames

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Monkfish Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:00 am

My aliens have black sclera (the white bit) which makes them look pretty spooky.
A sci fi outfit might help hehehe.

She's adorable though, yes she isss.
Purple_Monkfish
Purple_Monkfish
Admin
Admin

http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRead Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:03 am

Some good ideas - eye change is the least 'invasive'.   Laughing   She is sweet.
MissRead
MissRead

Back to top Go down

Post by Almostreal Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:34 pm

I think there are some cute vintage barbie astronaut outfits on Ebay? They might be customisable? Be sure to post some pictures for us!
Almostreal
Almostreal

Back to top Go down

Post by xxamis Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:00 am

THanks everyone for all of your help!

The mask thing sound pretty cool! I couldn't find any tutorials for dolls but I'll try searching differently cuz it sounds like an interesting idea. I made some special eyes for her with polymer clay and glitter glue that I like so that's one step closer to her true form.

Help me make her into an alien? 12036480_962498510477943_1247869215802006377_n

As for her background and stuff, I imagine her as an alien brat who ran away from her planet and is hiding out on Earth. Too many rules, not enough freedom. On her way here she made sure to figure out the latest trends of Earth girls so that she'd blend in perfectly (but of course something will go wrong and she'll be exposed). 

So with all that being said I think for the most part she'll dress in outfits that basically look like they were thrown together by an alien with no real working knowledge of how humans dress. Imagine an 88 year old grandfather sent to find an outfit for his 18 year old granddaughter at Forever21 x3

And I did see those Barbie spacesuits on eBay! But I decided not to get either of them (on from the 70s, one from either this or last year) because I wasn't sure about the waist. I would definitely love to have at least two outfits to represent her home planet though.

Again, thanks so much guys Very Happy
xxamis
xxamis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down